d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat >
Poll > How To Get To Heaven When You Die
Prev1198199200201202541Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 10,565.00
Aug 10 2021 10:25am
Quote (CPK001 @ 9 Aug 2021 17:59)
I see. The concept of God existing since the beginning is beyond your imagination. It surely is mind boggling isn't it? That is the very first thing we read in The Bible in Genesis 1:1 "In the beginning God created the Heavens and the Earth."

We also read the same thing in the book of John 1:1-2 "In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning."

Jesus himself says that he is the Beginning and the End. Revelation 22:13 "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End."

Three different books from very different periods in time yet they all say the same thing. It all fits together. As you said before, that is...mind boggling.

Where does your self control or conscious mind originate? God created mankind in his own image which means we are in relationship with our creator and our fellow creatures.

Genesis 1:26-27 Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

So God created mankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them.

Since we were created in his own image and a big part of that is relational. Therefore we can co-exist and cooperate amongst one another. A simple example is a large gathering at a concert or at the Superbowl game. There is order even in that. Try doing that with any kind of animal and see how long the order lasts.

That is why you don't go around murdering everyone. That is why you have self control and a conscious mind. It is built in your design in God's image.

From your point of view everything I just said is wrong because I quoted The Bible. If that's the case then you had better come up with another explanation. The ball is in your court.

You're quoting something from a book that was created by men. You believe it because you need to. I know for a fact there is no such thing. As fake as the easter bunny.
Gold: 0.69
Aug 10 2021 11:20am
Quote (Tommym25 @ Aug 10 2021 09:25am)
You're quoting something from a book that was created by men. You believe it because you need to. I know for a fact there is no such thing. As fake as the easter bunny.

then that is your claim and the burden of proof is on you. so far your just assertion fallacy
Gold: 232.69
Aug 10 2021 11:23am
:banana:
Gold: 186.16
Aug 10 2021 03:53pm
Quote (Tommym25 @ Aug 10 2021 12:25pm)

The Bible is not created by men. I believe it because it's actually true. The evidence is on my side, not yours. Hopefully the Lord will show you that before you die and it's too late.
Gold: 0.00
Aug 10 2021 05:09pm
Quote (Tommym25 @ Aug 11 2021 02:25am)

Refer to what TiStuff and frodo said just above.
Gold: 952.95
Warn: 90%
Aug 10 2021 06:21pm
happy 200th page
Gold: 10,565.00
Aug 10 2021 06:52pm
Quote (xfrodobagginsx @ 10 Aug 2021 16:53)
The Bible is not created by men. I believe it because it's actually true. The evidence is on my side, not yours. Hopefully the Lord will show you that before you die and it's too late.

So who wrote it? Did it just appear out of nowhere, then get copied over a billion times by no one? Your statement is that you believe it because it’s true? How do you know it’s true? What proof do you have other then what’s stated in the Bible, which was written by men not by a ghost or whatever the hell you think did.
Gold: 10,687.34
Warn: 90%
Aug 10 2021 10:09pm
Quote (Zirux13 @ 10 Aug 2021 17:21)
happy 200th page

https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=81496210&f=27&p=572649749
Gold: Locked
Warn: 80%
Aug 10 2021 10:14pm
Quote (CPK001 @ 10 Aug 2021 02:36)
The shepherd found me.

So was it some part of The Bible you found hard to believe or was it more so the people around you?

What does the path to inner peace and enlightenment look like? How will you know when you've reached it?

Both, and for several reasons

First there are over 200 denominations of Christianity and many versions of the Holy book, that fact alone is alarming despite the reasons which leads to the one I was raising in, "born again Christian" which you can research for yourself.. the first time I found fault in the teachings was the passage of the men carrying the arc of the covenant; one of the men through his carelessness dropped his end and God through his "wrath" killed him instantly.

I'll admit I have met some good natured Christians and Catholics such as my grandparents but my general view of Christian is they are close minded, arrogant and relentless at times when pressed or challenged. In contrast there are many faiths such as buddist who devote their life to purity. I'll admit I haven't met a single devot buddist but the facts of the teachings remain.

Furthermore which I've said before, of one faith deserves study then so do all else and that would take a hundred lifetimes.

Inner peace and enlightenment are my personal goals. I describe inner peace as how I want to look back on my life when I die. I want to look at it with honour because there is nothing else of your self that matters but that and it's your honor that has guided every decision in your life. Do you lie to get what you want or do you work hard for it? Etc.

I would describe enlightenment as having achieved the highest possible state of mind possible. I know my own mind state changes drastically, I am curious to see it's potential. This can be purely mental or physical as well. I would also describe it as the "tools" I use to reason and rationalize, do I jump to conclusions or do I evaluate step by step? What is my thought process and am I blind to my own faults? What effect do I have on Nature, people and animals. These are very basic things in my opinion but they are often overlooked and I believe this to be what monks do, they focus on simplicity because while physics is mathematically complex it is simple to interact with.

I could go on about the idea....
Gold: 18.31
Aug 10 2021 11:13pm
Quote (Kyhle @ Aug 10 2021 09:09pm)

what if someone never dies then never goes to heaven or hell?
Go Back To General Chat Topic List
Prev1198199200201202541Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll