d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat >
Poll > The Earth Is ___! > Let's Vote!
Prev18910111213Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 9,765.00
Warn: 60%
Jan 30 2017 04:24pm
Quote (MillerT1meUp @ Jan 30 2017 11:24am)
dont think the earth is flat so many ppl have flown on air planes from around the world if there was a sharp drop in the planet ppl would see

other planets are round to like mars is round and no other flat planets

The circumnavigation augment: aka - the original and most traditional propaganda. You can still go around a round circle, on the inside of it, not over the outside.
I can go walk around my neighborhood, does that prove my neighborhood is a ball?

Other planets are round? - Are you sure they are planets? - Four of them are called gas giants,

You should see Nasa footage of Mercury crossing the sun - it shows it transparency and woobleyness

Check out the real Venus:

Gold: 3,188.00
Jan 30 2017 05:16pm
Holy fuck you sir are a jackass . Please don't breed
Jan 30 2017 05:21pm
Quote (TeaRs- @ Jan 30 2017 01:16pm)
Holy fuck you sir are a jackass . Please don't breed

Someone likes being tied up by Nasa, keep sucking that ball gag.
Gold: 10.69
Jan 30 2017 05:44pm
flat ftw
Gold: 8,933.00
Jan 30 2017 06:51pm
Quote (card_sultan @ Jan 30 2017 03:19pm)
they are inside the dome at 3000 miles high - the dome is about 12,000 miles away.

LOOOOL!

Okay, where to start?

Nature abhors a vacuum. You yourself have stated it many times. Why does the air get thinner the higher your altitude?

Why doesn't the sun incinerate our air supply?

How does the sun shine on the Earth like a flashlight without a hood to obscure it from the sides?

What propels the sun in its circle over us? How does it turn?

Why can we see the sun from any altitude but we can't see more than a hundred miles or so of the Earth's surface?

What is the difference in altitude between the sun and moon?

I'm sure I can come up with more, but this can work for starting.
Jan 30 2017 08:57pm
Quote (Santara @ Jan 30 2017 02:51pm)
LOOOOL!

Okay, where to start?

Nature abhors a vacuum. You yourself have stated it many times. Why does the air get thinner the higher your altitude?

How does the sun shine on the Earth like a flashlight without a hood to obscure it from the sides?

Why can we see the sun from any altitude but we can't see more than a hundred miles or so of the Earth's surface?

so many questions - i cant answer them all in one go.

I'll start with this one:

"Why can we see the sun from any altitude but we can't see more than a hundred miles or so of the Earth's surface?"

Ill try to answer this.

First off our three dimension perception of the world can be described by the 3 axis:

x axis is width or horizontal, the y axis is height or vertical and z axis is depth.

The horizon is where the land meets our eye level because of the depth of perception or the Z axis.

Our limit of vision - known as the vanishing point is however where the earth plane we live on meets the sky plane the sun moves in - it too has a horizon so to speak but inverse to the land horizon

the place where these two planes join are not along the same x axis - because the y axis of the sun is further up. The sun as it travels throughout the day and further away from us becomes level with our eyesight and disappears behind our perceived land horizon.

So when we look up - we see farther because we are only see only one plane of existence.

Question #2

"What is the difference in altitude between the sun and moon?"

I've showed you in a video that you can use parallax and a view of the moon from two different cities - calculate the angle they are away from the horizon when both people are facing each other, and then knowing the distance those people are apart, then use basic trig to calculate the distance to the moon.

If you do this this you can calculate the moon is 3000 miles away.

If you assume the Earth is curved, you get 231,000 miles away.

To assume the Earth is curved is wrong imho, and i've talked about why.

I've heard that people do this with the Sun as well and i hear figures of 3000-4000 miles away , and i think this is due to the fact the Sun travels between the Tropic of Cancer and the Tropic of Capricorn sort of like an arc within its rotation on Flat Earth.

Interesting note - the moon is actual older than the Earth and there is the idea the the moon is actually Earths first sun, think of it as Gods first attempt that didn't work out to well? Science has no reasonable explanation for the Moons existence, just a bunch of crackpot theories.

This post was edited by card_sultan on Jan 30 2017 08:58pm
Jan 30 2017 09:10pm
Quote (Santara @ Jan 30 2017 02:51pm)
LOOOOL!

Okay, where to start?

Question #3

"Why does the air get thinner the higher your altitude?"

Oxygen is a heavier element and less buoyant/more dense and therefore is affected by air pressure with greater efficiency.

Question #4

"How does the sun shine on the Earth like a flashlight without a hood to obscure it from the sides?

It doesn't - its sun rays are crepuscular like every outwardly propagating light, you are just below it.

The flashlight sun is how Geocentrist's describe how Heliocentrist's think the sun works being 93 million miles away and that light rays are all completely parallel which anyone can see they are not.

This post was edited by card_sultan on Jan 30 2017 09:20pm
Gold: 25.17
Jan 30 2017 09:26pm
geoid ofc...
Gold: 4,673.69
Jan 31 2017 02:05am
Quote (card_sultan @ 31 Jan 2017 04:10)
Question #3

"Why does the air get thinner the higher your altitude?"

Oxygen is a heavier element and less buoyant/more dense and therefore is affected by air pressure with greater efficiency.

Question #4

"How does the sun shine on the Earth like a flashlight without a hood to obscure it from the sides?

It doesn't - its sun rays are crepuscular like every outwardly propagating light, you are just below it.

The flashlight sun is how Geocentrist's describe how Heliocentrist's think the sun works being 93 million miles away and that light rays are all completely parallel which anyone can see they are not.

Dude you are so dense and dark as a Black hole... XD :D
If you don't believe in Black holes, you can find proof in a mirror! :D

Gold: 174.69
Jan 31 2017 02:21am
Quote (Thomas Cross @ Jan 31 2017 05:35pm)
Dude you are so dense and dark as a Black hole... XD :D
If you don't believe in Black holes, you can find proof in a mirror! :D

Go Back To General Chat Topic List
Prev18910111213Next
Closed New Topic New Poll