d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > How To Get To Hell When You Die
Prev1878889909196Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.69
Warn: 10%
Sep 28 2023 05:17pm
Quote (addone @ Sep 28 2023 04:14pm)
You didnt happen to read the part how jesus says that Jews are fathered by the devil or that him and father are one did you? Or are those facts inconvenient to admit? I can understand if you want to save face and ignore replying because I know I would be embarrassed by that kind of tripe.

the "father" is who you follow. its a dumb interpretation its like saying if i talk about my earthly farther then you up and claim i was talking about your earthly father

tell us the napkin argument

This post was edited by TiStuff on Sep 28 2023 05:18pm
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 70%
Sep 28 2023 05:19pm
This post is a violation of the site rules and appropriate action was taken.

Quote (addone @ Sep 29 2023 12:14pm)
You didnt happen to read the part how jesus says that Jews are fathered by the devil or that him and father are one did you? Or are those facts inconvenient to admit? I can understand if you want to save face and ignore replying because I know I would be embarrassed by that kind of tripe.

sounds like another statement you've taken out of context and misinterpreted with your smooth brain

the passage in question is a somewhat heated dialogue between Jesus and the crowds in Jerusalem. According to the story in John, people have been plotting against Jesus for some time, trying to arrest him and stone him to death. So Jesus reacts rather strongly and calls them children of the devil.

despite the fact that Jesus was himself a member of the Jewish people – there are many examples throughout history of passages in the New Testament being wielded for anti-Semitic purposes.

there are two types of deception, Misinformation and Disinformation
Misinformation, meaning you have the facts wrong
Disinformation is a more malevolent form of deception deliberately mixing facts with lies
or warping the truth to suit an agenda

This post was edited by Nirjan on Sep 28 2023 05:34pm
Gold: 69.69
Warn: 40%
Sep 28 2023 05:54pm
Quote (Nirjan @ Sep 29 2023 12:19pm)
sounds like another statement you've taken out of context and misinterpreted with your smooth brain

there are two types of deception, Misinformation and Disinformation
Misinformation, meaning you have the facts wrong
Disinformation is a more malevolent form of deception deliberately mixing facts with lies
or warping the truth to suit an agenda

What misinformation are you talking about I provided a direct quote from your bible.
Which states in black and white that Jews are fathered by the devil from jesus himself.

The context is he is on the mount of olives answering questions from a bunch of Jews trying to figure out if he was the real deal. They asked him and all he kept saying he and the father and one that this so called father is his other witness had no evidence just a baseless claim. So they tested him but he didn't provide anything that and kept repeating they didn't know his father... Well no shit because jesus kept dodging and never provided any proof of any kind.

The Pharisees challenged him, “Here you are, appearing as your own witness; your testimony is not valid.”

14 Jesus answered, “Even if I testify on my own behalf, my testimony is valid, for I know where I came from and where I am going. But you have no idea where I come from or where I am going. 15 You judge by human standards; I pass judgment on no one. 16 But if I do judge, my decisions are true, because I am not alone. I stand with the Father, who sent me. 17 In your own Law it is written that the testimony of two witnesses is true. 18 I am one who testifies for myself; my other witness is the Father, who sent me.”

19 Then they asked him, “Where is your father?”

“You do not know me or my Father,” Jesus replied. “If you knew me, you would know my Father also.” 20 He spoke these words while teaching in the temple courts near the place where the offerings were put. Yet no one seized him, because his hour had not yet come.

John 8:14-20

Tell me again how I am out of context or prove that Jesus didn't say that the Jews were from the devil? I have facts you have come here with anonymous quotes based what I assume some kind of Christian damage control apologetics.
Sep 28 2023 06:03pm
Quote (addone @ Sep 29 2023 12:54pm)
What misinformation are you talking about I provided a direct quote from your bible.
Which states in black and white that Jews are fathered by the devil from jesus himself.

The context is he is on the mount of olives answering questions from a bunch of Jews trying to figure out if he was the real deal. They asked him and all he kept saying he and the father and one that this so called father is his other witness had no evidence just a baseless claim. So they tested him but he didn't provide anything that and kept repeating they didn't know his father... Well no shit because jesus kept dodging and never provided any proof of any kind.

The Pharisees challenged him, “Here you are, appearing as your own witness; your testimony is not valid.”

14 Jesus answered, “Even if I testify on my own behalf, my testimony is valid, for I know where I came from and where I am going. But you have no idea where I come from or where I am going. 15 You judge by human standards; I pass judgment on no one. 16 But if I do judge, my decisions are true, because I am not alone. I stand with the Father, who sent me. 17 In your own Law it is written that the testimony of two witnesses is true. 18 I am one who testifies for myself; my other witness is the Father, who sent me.”

19 Then they asked him, “Where is your father?”

“You do not know me or my Father,” Jesus replied. “If you knew me, you would know my Father also.” 20 He spoke these words while teaching in the temple courts near the place where the offerings were put. Yet no one seized him, because his hour had not yet come.

John 8:14-20

Tell me again how I am out of context or prove that Jesus didn't say that the Jews were from the devil? I have facts you have come here with anonymous quotes based what I assume some kind of Christian damage control apologetics.

thats alot of words to say nothing at all
Sep 28 2023 06:20pm
Quote (Nirjan @ Sep 29 2023 01:03pm)
thats alot of words to say nothing at all

I provided direct quotes, gave you context and logic. All you did was used ad hominem and some anonymous quote that said jesus reacts strongly and baselessly spouted how I am spreading misinformation.

Stay mad.
Sep 28 2023 06:26pm
Quote (addone @ Sep 29 2023 01:20pm)
I provided direct quotes, gave you context and logic. All you did was used ad hominem and some anonymous quote that said jesus reacts strongly and baselessly spouted how I am spreading misinformation.

Stay mad.

ok. so we done here now? do you feel like you've proven your point?
can move along now or do you just want to argue?
Sep 28 2023 06:51pm
Quote (Nirjan @ Sep 29 2023 01:26pm)
ok. so we done here now? do you feel like you've proven your point?
can move along now or do you just want to argue?

I would of taken "sorry for doubting you and I'll change my beliefs based on facts and evidence provided that not even I can deny"

But knowing religious people it's very difficult to do. There is absolutely nothing stopping you from being a "good" kind, loving, happy human being or whatever you think jesus helps you with. You don't need some ancient 2000 year manuscript written by superstitious goat farmers to tell you that killing and stealing is bad behaviour. It's an outdated storybook from iron age. God is an uncessary construct that some people find comfort in that there is some magical being a force is looking out for them.
Maybe it has a really strong placebo for you and helps you feel morally superior or a lucky charm. But know you could of just as easily been a Muslim, a hare Krishna or had superman tattoo on your chest and have gotten same results. It's just a belief system.
Sep 28 2023 07:02pm
Quote (addone @ Sep 29 2023 01:51pm)
I would of taken "sorry for doubting you and I'll change my beliefs based on facts and evidence provided that not even I can deny"

But knowing religious people it's very difficult to do. There is absolutely nothing stopping you from being a "good" kind, loving, happy human being or whatever you think jesus helps you with. You don't need some ancient 2000 year manuscript written by superstitious goat farmers to tell you that killing and stealing is bad behaviour. It's an outdated storybook from iron age. God is an uncessary construct that some people find comfort in that there is some magical being a force is looking out for them.
Maybe it has a really strong placebo for you and helps you feel morally superior or a lucky charm. But know you could of just as easily been a Muslim, a hare Krishna or had superman tattoo on your chest and have gotten same results. It's just a belief system.

so what your saying is even if none of its true and its all placebo then religion is still a helpful guide to keep good morals and values?
i agree. but that doesn't explain the demon that attacked me or Jesus Christ himself saving me lmao
so good luck discrediting my faith :lol
Sep 28 2023 10:48pm
Quote (Nirjan @ Sep 29 2023 02:02pm)
so what your saying is even if none of its true and its all placebo then religion is still a helpful guide to keep good morals and values?
i agree. but that doesn't explain the demon that attacked me or Jesus Christ himself saving me lmao
so good luck discrediting my faith :lol

Was this a dream? because I think I had one of those where I was farming some chaos runs and popped a seal and extra strong, extra fast, cursed, aura enchanted Lord Deseis dropped on my head. Gave me a fright then I woke up in cold sweat.

This post was edited by addone on Sep 28 2023 10:53pm
Sep 28 2023 10:49pm
Quote (addone @ Sep 29 2023 05:48pm)
Was this a dream? because I think I had one of those where I was farming some chaos runs and popped a seal and extra strong, extra fast aura, cursed aura enchanted Lord Deseis dropped on my head. Gave me a fright then I woke up in cold sweat.

i know what a dream is

This post was edited by Nirjan on Sep 28 2023 10:49pm
Go Back To General Chat Topic List
Prev1878889909196Next
Closed New Topic New Poll