d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > : How To Earth - A Card_sultan Special > Part 2
Prev16465666768350Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 304.00
Aug 12 2017 10:27am
nice cringe thread
Gold: 3.37
Aug 12 2017 10:33am
Quote (remco6 @ Aug 12 2017 11:25am)
I stated the Chinese believed earth was flat till 1700's, clearly that is not everyone.
Europeans not discovering North America for 1300 years from the time a globe earth was first proposed was not addressed because it is not relevant at all. The earth can be globe with or without that continent, and irregardless of who knew about it or lived there. Obviously exploration advances with time.

Just lol, you've been duped by some historical revisionists from the 19th century who needed to make the church more incompatible with sciencetific advancement so they perpetuated the myth that the church has believed and supported flat earth for hundreds of years and opposed Columbus because he was the one who proved it was a globe. The church at the time opposed the ideas of Copernicus that the globe earth rotated the sun instead of of earth being stationary and the centre of the universe. The shape of the earth had nothing whatsoever to do with any of the arguement at that point in time in Europe.

Thanks, I mean, I thought the same thing, but didn't feel like explaining all that. I summed it with with this line lol...

Quote (Ep0ch @ Aug 12 2017 01:42am)
If you actually took any history classes you might know this.

:thumbsup:

Quote (Imouto @ Aug 12 2017 11:27am)
nice cringe thread

:hug:

This post was edited by Ep0ch on Aug 12 2017 10:33am
Gold: 9,765.00
Warn: 60%
Aug 12 2017 02:07pm
Quote (Santara @ Aug 12 2017 02:13am)
Wrong like usual.

rhetorical fallacy

Oh, but wait! I used a Wiki source! SO CONTROVERSIAL!

Appeal to authority is nothing more than a false attribution. Your argument is nothing more than Nasa and Wiki tell me facts, while the truth is that once you critically look at these things and think for yourself they are easily seen as propaganda.

or how about this source, I know you've used it yourself, since you've placed your own entries in it:

It might be your not being able to tell the difference between science and scientism.

So there was nothing weak in my argument. Saying you ad hom'd was my way of saying you DODGED THE POINT, because you did, and moved on with your typical character assassination of NASA without actually addressing the point. THAT is intellectually weak, something you once again heap a great deal of irony on when you accuse me of doing what you JUST did. Again. Like all the time.

You finally admit your use of the ad-hom term was wrong, kinda like all of your logic. Nasa is a "character"? Isnt that a person in a fictitious work of fiction? This pretty much explains your rage trolling - you think Nasa is your personal friend in your Fantasy. Cool story.....

You believe whatever you want. You suffer from a massive case of confirmation bias. You aren't seeking or spreading "the truth," you're absolutely willing to lie to yourself and everyone else in an effort to spew the flat Earth BS that your fervently believe. It's your faith. Your religion. You have no science, you have religion. There's nothing wrong with having your religion, but don't preach it to everyone else as if it were "the truth" when you can't prove it.

I dont have confirmation bias, you do. I look for truth, you believe whatever the State wants you to think. You only see and believe in the B&W, I look for the Grey. FE is not a religion, its a cosmological belief. Heliocentricity is a religion of the State and Gravity is your true God. Actually i love science , tangible science that you can touch and see and repeat, natural science - not theoretical astro science that the state and priests expect you to believe. The fact you keep trying to explain what i believe is just denoting your failed understanding and your need to label is a result from the fear that your own intellectual inferiority will be revealed.

Quote (kai_jph @ Aug 12 2017 02:34am)
some guy on youtube said so

State propaganda said so, gj being a muppet

This post was edited by card_sultan on Aug 12 2017 02:11pm
Gold: 6.69
Aug 12 2017 02:16pm
Quote (card_sultan @ Aug 12 2017 10:07pm)
State propaganda said so, gj being a muppet

Prove that the youtube maker got his info from a reliable source or that the info I have is propaganda and you and you prove me to be a muppet

Say we stop believing in globe earth.
What do you expect us to believe in when you have no definitive answer how you believe the world to work

funny, yet again you throw stones at people disagreeing, you have a 20% warn and you want to bitch about me trolling?
What goes around come around

This post was edited by kai_jph on Aug 12 2017 02:26pm
Gold: 8,933.00
Aug 12 2017 02:18pm
Quote (card_sultan @ Aug 12 2017 03:07pm)
rhetorical fallacy.

Except that I followed it up with... evidence. An actual argument.

while the truth is that once you critically look at these things and think for yourself they are easily seen as propaganda.

This is textbook ad hom. You summarily dismiss anything said as "propaganda." You need to address WHAT THEY SAY, not THEM FOR WHO THEY ARE AND WHAT THEY REPRESENT. (We call this their character.) That is what makes your assault on NASA an ad hom.

You finally admit your use of the ad-hom term was wrong, kinda like all of your logic. Nasa is a "character"? Isnt that a person in a fictitious work of fiction? This pretty much explains your rage trolling - you think Nasa is your personal friend in your Fantasy. Cool story.....

Not at all. You did ad hom. Had I just said "you dodged," it would have sailed through your ears.

Quote (card_sultan @ Aug 12 2017 03:07pm)
I dont have confirmation bias, you do. I look for truth, you believe whatever the State wants you to think. You only see and believe in the B&W, I look for the Grey. FE is not a religion, its a cosmological belief. Heliocentricity is a religion of the State and Gravity is your true God. Actually i love science , tangible science that you can touch and see and repeat, natural science - not theoretical astro science that the state and priests expect you to believe. The fact you keep trying to explain what i believe is just denoting your failed understanding and your need to label is a result from the fear that your own intellectual inferiority will be revealed.

The hell you don't have confirmation bias. You are already on record ITT stating you ignore facts and agree with something depending on if you like it, as opposed to whether it's actually true. Since you CHOOSE to believe in something while outright excluding whether it can be verified as true, you are taking the path of faith. Geocentrism is a religion. You are a cult.
Aug 12 2017 02:48pm
Quote (Santara @ Aug 12 2017 10:18am)
Except that I followed it up with... evidence. An actual argument.

This is textbook ad hom. You summarily dismiss anything said as "propaganda." You need to address WHAT THEY SAY, not THEM FOR WHO THEY ARE AND WHAT THEY REPRESENT. (We call this their character.) That is what makes your assault on NASA an ad hom.

Not at all. You did ad hom. Had I just said "you dodged," it would have sailed through your ears.

The hell you don't have confirmation bias. You are already on record ITT stating you ignore facts and agree with something depending on if you like it, as opposed to whether it's actually true. Since you CHOOSE to believe in something while outright excluding whether it can be verified as true, you are taking the path of faith. Geocentrism is a religion. You are a cult.

Don't see how criticizing a source is actually ad-hominem, do you have any proof of this besides your misunderstanding?

Helios-centerism - Helios is the ancient god of the sun , you worship its gravity - definity the cult religion of the state.

Geo just means earth - definitely not a god or religion.

I definitely dont have confirmation bias - if you could provide proof instead of faked facts your told to believe from Nasa and wiki, id be more than happy to switch my beliefs and opinions back to Heliocentricity but you continually fail.

Quote (kai_jph @ Aug 12 2017 10:16am)
Prove that the youtube maker got his info from a reliable source or that the info I have is propaganda and you and you prove me to be a muppet

Say we stop believing in globe earth.
What do you expect us to believe in when you have no definitive answer how you believe the world to work

funny, yet again you throw stones at people disagreeing, you have a 20% warn and you want to bitch about me trolling?
What goes around come around

Its funny how you admit you're a troll, spam thread 50- 70 times and mock the mods bad decision to side with you, obvious troll is obvious.

"What do you expect us to believe in? " believe in yourself, not Nasa to show you pretty cartoons and pure Fantasy.

This post was edited by card_sultan on Aug 12 2017 02:56pm
Aug 12 2017 02:58pm
Quote (card_sultan @ Aug 12 2017 03:48pm)
Don't see how criticizing a source is actually ad-hominem, do you have any proof of this besides your misunderstanding?

Helios-centerism - Helios is the ancient god of the sun , you worship its gravity - definity the cult religion of the state.

Geo just means earth - definitely not a god or religion.

I definitely dont have confirmation bias - if you could provide proof instead of faked facts your told to believe from Nasa and wiki, id be more than happy to switch my beliefs and opinions back to Heliocentricity but you continually fail.

Criticizing a source while failing to criticize the argument is what makes it ad hom.

Proof of confirmation bias:

There are no facts, just opinions. You believed in faked facts, i believe in infinite possibilities and not knowing.

Correct - i will defend my opinion.
Aug 12 2017 03:05pm
Quote (Santara @ Aug 12 2017 10:58am)
Criticizing a source while failing to criticize the argument is what makes it ad hom.

Proof of confirmation bias:

ad - hominem is attacking the person instead of their argument, (what you actually do). I asked for proof of your opinion, while you just offer just your continually incorrect opinion of "facts" from the Ministry of Truth.

Ad hominem

Ad hominem (Latin for "to the man" or "to the person"[1]), short for argumentum ad hominem, is in which an argument is rebutted by attacking the character, motive, or other attribute of the person making the argument, or persons associated with the argument, rather than attacking the substance of the argument itself.[2]

Nowhere does it mention attacking the source, so your obviously wrong as usual.

This post was edited by card_sultan on Aug 12 2017 03:09pm
Aug 12 2017 03:14pm
Quote (card_sultan @ Aug 12 2017 04:05pm)
ad - hominem is attacking the person instead of their argument, (what you actually do). I asked for proof of your opinion, while you just offer just your continually incorrect opinion of "facts" from the Ministry of Truth.

Ad hominem

Ad hominem (Latin for "to the man" or "to the person"[1]), short for argumentum ad hominem, is in which an argument is rebutted by attacking the character, motive, or other attribute of the person making the argument, or persons associated with the argument, rather than attacking the substance of the argument itself.[2]

Nowhere does it mention attacking the source, so your obviously wrong as usual.

That's because you can't seem to wrap your head around the fact that NASA IS the source material for the argument.

Example: photos by NASA of the Earth are faked CGI. This is an ad hom because you don't have any proof or actual reason for this statement, you take it as a truth "cuz NASA."
Gold: 6.69
Aug 12 2017 03:21pm
Quote (card_sultan @ Aug 12 2017 10:48pm)
Its funny how you admit you're a troll, spam thread 50- 70 times and mock the mods bad decision to side with you, obvious troll is obvious.

"What do you expect us to believe in? " believe in yourself, not Nasa to show you pretty cartoons and pure Fantasy.

How is it spam, I simply ask you about your beliefes?
Resort to name calling, yelling triggered every time and refuse to answer questions about your own belief- troll is obvious
I'm fine with that (common in GC) but don't complain about me doing it then

And by the way its not because of nasa.
You actually convince me more I'm right when you refuse to answer basic questions about your own beliefs and provide fantasy with no proof

We live in an infinite plain, a flat earth with no edge you said.
No evidence to this resists

you say believe in myself and observable evidence?

(Flat earth or globe) humans see the sun "set" and drop into the horizon at the end of each day
So its either rotating ~vertically around the flat earth rotating below at night (geometric model more or less) or the earth is a globe rotating round it

Either way it contradicts the beliefs you proposed

This post was edited by kai_jph on Aug 12 2017 03:50pm
Go Back To General Chat Topic List
Prev16465666768350Next
Closed New Topic New Poll