d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > : How To Earth - A Card_sultan Special > Part 2
Prev16061626364350Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 6.69
Aug 11 2017 03:07pm
Quote (card_sultan @ Aug 11 2017 11:06pm)
This is serious talk for us grown ups, it seems few want to have this discussion but seriously its implications are well intentioned.

Ill joke too, but it has its place and time.

Accepted. So then can we debate and disagree without throwing stones like grown ups as you put it?

To be reasonable, If you present facts with no credible proof then throw stones at people who disagree, they will throw back

This post was edited by kai_jph on Aug 11 2017 03:30pm
Gold: 8,933.00
Aug 11 2017 03:16pm
Quote (card_sultan @ Aug 11 2017 01:14pm)
No, id call NASA claiming they went to the moon 6x with calculator technology and in a tin foil box with shower curtain rods attached , travelling 240,000 miles while bringing live Kodak asa 100 film through both Van allen belts as well as the plasmasphere twice, more than a bit suspicious. And then not being able to do that again for 45 years because you claim you lost the technology, kinda revealing.

I wouldn't dream of Ad-hom'ng your precious Military propaganda wing, id call it questioning. You buy their excuses no matter how ridiculous, i dont have too.

Like that story that Chris Hadfield told on Conan O'Brien about wearing the same underwear for a month on the iss and throwing it out the hatch. Hey look up, is that a bird? a plane. Oh no, its the attack of the crusty Underwear from space!

I really don't care how many different ways you try to paraphrase it, when you fail to address an argument on its own merits and attack the source of the argument, your argument (such as it is) is ad hominem, and is therefore not worth considering because it isn't founded in logic.

Quote (card_sultan @ Aug 11 2017 02:46pm)
There are no facts, just opinions. You believed in faked facts, i believe in infinite possibilities and not knowing. :D

False, false, and willful ignorance.

Quote (card_sultan @ Aug 11 2017 03:13pm)
Definitely stop believing in the faked facts of the state religion of Sun worship or believe that stating my opinion means im expressing fact.
Would probably go a long way in not becoming so triggererd. ;)

..and listen to you, when you believe what you want, regardless of facts? Lulz.
Gold: 2,504.69
Aug 11 2017 03:41pm
card sultan getting stuck at 20% is christmas come early.
Gold: 3.37
Aug 11 2017 06:38pm
:thumbsup:
Gold: 7,271.48
Aug 11 2017 07:24pm
Quote (card_sultan @ Aug 11 2017 11:37am)
Ive been explaining it for over a year, while everyone just claims - "I learned the Helio model in school and im a fucking genius so obviously its correct"
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance, pretty sure thats exactly what the consensus does though, all the time.

But your quite aware geocentric and flat earth are not synonymous, there are geocentric models that corporate a globe earth? i.e the one that a large portion of humanity assumed to be true from ~0-1500ad.
Aug 11 2017 08:03pm
At no point in human history has any government entity or religious organization ever stated that the Earth was flat.

Anyone who says otherwise doesn't know anything about human history.

Not the Greeks, Not the Romans, Not the Catholics, not Babylonians, not one government/religion that actually had control over people ever said that.

Geocentric Earth on the other hand is another story.

This post was edited by Ep0ch on Aug 11 2017 08:28pm
Gold: 9,765.00
Warn: 60%
Aug 11 2017 10:30pm
Quote (Santara @ Aug 11 2017 11:16am)
I really don't care how many different ways you try to paraphrase it, when you fail to address an argument on its own merits and attack the source of the argument, your argument (such as it is) is ad hominem, and is therefore not worth considering because it isn't founded in logic.

False, false, and willful ignorance.

..and listen to you, when you believe what you want, regardless of facts? Lulz.

Attacking the source is not ad hominem, ad - hominem is when you attack the person. Doesn't matter that you cited a source, it's correlation is just nothing more than the fallacy logic and typical clap trap you so often use when your arguments fail as they inevitably do. Moreover your appeal to the authority "Wiki", just points out how incredibly weak your own argument and ideology is. Obviously its because you cannot express your point while also revealing how what a typical hypocrite and intellectually dishonest you are because whenever i post a link - you cry foul.

You are correct - i believe whatever i want - and not because someone tells me the facts. If their opinions consistently and logic match my own experience and that is different than what i was told to believe, than i'm willing to change, you are not. You just believe what you were taught in 1st grade - and that resulting in your believing in the state no matter what. Nothing you have said debunks any point in FE/Geocentrity, and it clear you totally believe all the cartoons Nasa shows you. I have good news for you, Space X will soon be offering trips to Mars, you should go, bon voyage.

Quote (remco6 @ Aug 11 2017 03:24pm)
But your quite aware geocentric and flat earth are not synonymous, there are geocentric models that corporate a globe earth? i.e the one that a large portion of humanity assumed to be true from ~0-1500ad.

Yes i'm quite aware of that Maps existence - but just because a map existed - your historical fallacy doesn't mean that everyone believed it. I suppose if "everyone" to you was "The pope, a few Cardinals, the King and handful of the top scholars" you might have a point, i highly doubt that were as silly as you to jump to incorrect conclusions about "everyone" accepting it. In fact 99% of people were illiterate, and did not have access to paper even and printing didn't exist until 1440. There was no internet back then. Why did Copernicus claim the earth was only 22 ,000 miles, could it be he had no idea that Eratosthenes claimed the world was 25,000 miles?
If "everyone" knew the Earth was a sphere of 25,000 miles - why did it take nearly 2000 years to go find it? You make a lot of concussions with just a simple logical fallacy and as such is merely an assumptive and incorrect conclusion.

Quote (Ep0ch @ Aug 11 2017 04:03pm)
At no point in human history has any government entity or religious organization ever stated that the Earth was flat.

nice argument from ignorance, at no point in History has anyone been dumb enough to belief this absurd claim.

This post was edited by card_sultan on Aug 11 2017 10:57pm
Gold: 7,271.48
Aug 11 2017 11:54pm
Quote (card_sultan @ Aug 11 2017 10:30pm)
Yes i'm quite aware of that Maps existence - but just because a map existed - your historical fallacy doesn't mean that everyone believed it. I suppose if "everyone" to you was "The pope, a few Cardinals, the King and handful of the top scholars" you might have a point, i highly doubt that were as silly as you to jump to incorrect conclusions about "everyone" accepting it. In fact 99% of people were illiterate, and did not have access to paper even and printing didn't exist until 1440. There was no internet back then. Why did Copernicus claim the earth was only 22 ,000 miles, could it be he had no idea that Eratosthenes claimed the world was 25,000 miles?
If "everyone" knew the Earth was a sphere of 25,000 miles - why did it take nearly 2000 years to go find it? You make a lot of concussions with just a simple logical fallacy and as such is merely an assumptive and incorrect conclusion.

nice argument from ignorance, at no point in History has anyone been dumb enough to belief this absurd claim.

Not sure what map your referring to and I never said all people. Chinese astrologers still accepted flat earth until a century after geocentricity had been replaced with heliocentric model in Europe. I'm talking about how Europe and middle eastern society in general was aware of the shape of earth from around 300bc to 500ad on but believed the sun and stars circled the earth. The only thing that changed around 1500 was the knowledge earth rotates sun, nothing whatsoever changed about the belief of the shape of earth itself at that time.

This post was edited by remco6 on Aug 11 2017 11:55pm
Aug 12 2017 12:07am
Quote (card_sultan @ Aug 11 2017 11:30pm)

Prove it.

The utter lack of proof is all the proof i need.

Only lamen of the olden times beleived the earth was flat, hey just like modern times.

Name one government or religious entity that claimed otherwise.

I dare you.
Aug 12 2017 12:09am
Also fallacy of fallacy.

Stop circle jerking logical fallacies.
Go Back To General Chat Topic List
Prev16061626364350Next
Closed New Topic New Poll