d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat >
Poll > How To Get To Heaven When You Die
Prev1481482483484485541Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 0.69
Aug 12 2023 08:07pm
Quote (zorzin @ Aug 12 2023 07:06pm)
Every religious person (minus new age Christians) understand the importance of winning at all costs. This is why Islam wins in prophecy.

islam wins in islamic prophecy

memory. all false islamic tribes are defeated and the one true tribe is victorious, so? its just some of islam that wins in prophecy?
god of war?
even today muslims kill more muslims then infidels. 2 muslims for every 1 infidel ?

This post was edited by TiStuff on Aug 12 2023 08:12pm
Gold: 11.11
Aug 12 2023 08:09pm
Quote (TiStuff @ Aug 12 2023 10:07pm)
islam wins in islamic prophecy

In the bible too fam, atleast for awhile until Jesus' return
Aug 12 2023 08:14pm
Quote (zorzin @ Aug 12 2023 07:09pm)
In the bible too fam, atleast for awhile until Jesus' return

christians get raptured before the real nasty antichrist gets started ?
Gold: 11.11
Aug 12 2023 08:18pm
Quote (TiStuff @ Aug 12 2023 10:14pm)
christians get raptured before the real nasty antichrist gets started ?

Ya I'm not sold on the whole rapture thing and then after that the nasty Islamic takeover happens. Atleast imo that's how it plays out
Gold: Locked
Warn: 80%
Aug 12 2023 08:18pm
Quote (Nirjan @ 12 Aug 2023 20:03)
agnostic
noun
a person who believes that nothing is known or can be known of the existence or nature of God.

thats just a fancy name for atheist

Atheism is the denial of God. People have been writing about these definitions long before I was born. Saying atheism is equal to agnosticism shows you don't know philosophical history. It is extremely arrogant to assume non religious people haven't spent a ton of time trying to understand existence and "God". I would say a person who studies math or physics has a more practical understanding of reality than a religious person because they have actually studied reality. For those who study reality, it is two different things to say 'I don't know" vs "There is no God".

Be careful what you say because I've caught you using incorrect definitions to label me a few times now.

Quote (zorzin @ 12 Aug 2023 20:06)
Every religious person (minus new age Christians) understand the importance of winning at all costs. This is why Islam wins in prophecy.

Of course, I meant that they are blindly following a doctrine. They will justify their cause with every reason to keep the ideology alive.

Quote (TiStuff @ 12 Aug 2023 20:04)
if you have a reasoned argument to anything i offer lets hear it

Ok since you always throw out my examples, I'll wait for your next wild post then I'll quote you. The way you guys debate is comical (and good practice), my real opponents bring real arguments not a bunch of fluff.
Aug 12 2023 08:19pm
Quote (death_knight @ Aug 12 2023 07:18pm)
Atheism is the denial of God. People have been writing about these definitions long before I was born. Saying atheism is equal to agnosticism shows you don't know philosophical history. It is extremely arrogant to assume non religious people haven't spent a ton of time trying to understand existence and "God". I would say a person who studies math or physics has a more practical understanding of reality than a religious person because they have actually studied reality. For those who study reality, it is two different things to say 'I don't know" vs "There is no God".

Be careful what you say because I've caught you using incorrect definitions to label me a few times now.

Of course, I meant that they are blindly following a doctrine. They will justify their cause with every reason to keep the ideology alive.

Ok since you always throw out my examples, I'll wait for your next wild post then I'll quote you. The way you guys debate is comical (and good practice), my real opponents bring real arguments not a bunch of fluff.

ok and in turn I will record this post
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 70%
Aug 12 2023 08:24pm
Quote (death_knight @ Aug 13 2023 02:18pm)

I didn't label anyone, you labeled yourself. there are only TWO options
name them what you like
Gold: Locked
Warn: 80%
Aug 12 2023 08:43pm
Quote (Nirjan @ 12 Aug 2023 20:24)
I didn't label anyone, you labeled yourself. there are only TWO options
name them what you like

Again that is mathematically false. You are suggesting that a person either believes in God or they don't right? If so this is loaded with technical errors. The biggest one is first we must define God. Then we have to define our parameters for what is real and what constitutes proof. Then we as society together must make a study that measures for exactly this which obviously cannot be done.

If you were to run a computer simulation to do this, you immediately run into literally billions of possibilities. This is pretty much the post modern claim that any set of values (pieces of information) can be interpreted an infinite number of ways.

I can show an example of this problem with some Python code for those who are interested. The program will try to compute a set then will crash because the logic inside the chip hits a brick wall. It crashes because as more data is added to the computation, the machine runs out of memory and storage (much like a human brain). The point of all this is each piece of information is arbitrary to the machine so the machine must prioritize and simplify operations.

Now you could argue that humans sent computer machines but then we would have a modern debate to talk about. I'm particularly interested in cybernetics as what can be learnt about our brains from computers.
Gold: 16,366.69
Warn: 10%
Aug 12 2023 10:19pm
jesus may have been gay, is what i believe
Gold: 186.16
Aug 12 2023 10:34pm
Where did BlackJack go?
Go Back To General Chat Topic List
Prev1481482483484485541Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll