d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat >
Poll > How To Get To Heaven When You Die
Prev1467468469470471541Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 70%
Aug 7 2023 09:25pm
some people just dont understand. Its like God is too far beyond their comprehension that they just dismiss the creator of everything as unbelievable
science cant prove it therefore it doesn't exist :bonk:
Gold: 1.71
Warn: 50%
Aug 7 2023 09:30pm
Still arguing about the same thing...
Gold: 10.00
Aug 7 2023 09:34pm
Quote (Nirjan @ 7 Aug 2023 22:47)
thats nice. Placebo effect actually has alot of benefits as long as you dont know its a placebo.
but from my personal experiences i can assure you thats not what religion is
its all very real. whether or not you choose to believe it doesn't make a difference

I know.
My experiences trump yours. All religions are lies.

Quote (CrueLThug @ 7 Aug 2023 22:52)
The reality of it is. Look at the Sun, Look at the moon, Look at the endless Stars, Galaxies etc. You can't honestly believe that that was created by a human form right? Such as "Jesus Christ". It just wasn't unfortunately. Since time began there has always been new religions and each religion has gotten more intelligent. For example. Ancient Egypt and Ancient Greek used too believe that there was a Sun God and Rain God who would let it rain. We now know that rain simply has too do with seasons and orbit around the sun. etc. Many other factors. But again, time and technology will always win. In another 1,000 years i don't think there will any such thing as a "God" tbh. Technology would be too advanced by then.

I disagree. No matter how developed we become the question of god will remain. There's a number of reasons for this.

The main one is that a great number of people are terrified of death, and believing there's something after gives them comfort and allows them to function. A religion allows people to believe this even in the face of opposing views because the religious individuals feed off each other to restore their faith. Science will never be able to say with certainty whether there is or isn't an afterlife. We're as knowledgable now as we ever will be on the subject. That leaves a permanent opening for religion. Even if all religions were wiped out today, tomorrow a thousand new ones would arise.

The second main reason is inability to comprehend cutting edge science by a significant percentage of the population. All the theists you see on the entire internet (outside of theist centred sites) are just like the ones here. Repeating arguments proved false decades and centuries ago because they can't understand where the science actually is today they're stuck in the ancient past. This isn't necessarily because they aren't capable under any circumstances. It's usually either a simple lack of interest or time or both. But the result is as if they weren't capable.

The third main reason is that religion has a measurable benefit to community interaction. It is what kept our species in tight knit communities for most or all recorded history and the benefit of strengthening community still applies today. Churches are community centres. There isn't a religion free way to achieve the same effect. You can get somewhat similar results without religion but it's always a long way off from the glue religion provides. Religion makes you a responsible equal partner in the community. Community centres that aren't religious are generally glorified daycare centres with occasional activities for smaller groups of adults interested in a sport or similar. It can't compare with the tight knitting of community that religion provides.

The final reason is that no matter how developed we get and how much we learn, we will never know everything. It may be ridiculous to posit an all powerful god that created everything and watches over everything, but it isn't falsifiable and it will never be absolutely proved there is or isn't a god or gods. The religions of today are all false, but they've evolved enough to survive to today. If they hadn't they'd have been forgotten like all the other religions that didn't evolve. You point out how religion has shifted from polytheism to monotheism and advanced in general over the millenia. They will continue to evolve. Some or all may end up completely incompatible due to science and technology, but that will only prompt the creation of new religions to replace them.
Aug 7 2023 09:42pm
Science will teach you knowledge God will teach you wisdom 🎅
Aug 7 2023 09:43pm
Quote (Nirjan @ Aug 8 2023 03:42pm)

When?
Gold: 10.00
Aug 7 2023 09:44pm
Quote (Nirjan @ 7 Aug 2023 23:42)

The rejection of your god is the path to wisdom.
Aug 7 2023 09:46pm
Quote (MoreTimeToKill @ Aug 8 2023 03:43pm)
When?

be gone DEMON! ✝
Gold: 0.69
Aug 7 2023 09:47pm
Quote (Nirjan @ Aug 7 2023 08:46pm)
be gone DEMON! ✝

lol gibber demon
see the same thing manifest with biden and kamala harriss

This post was edited by TiStuff on Aug 7 2023 10:05pm
Aug 7 2023 09:48pm
Quote (Nirjan @ Aug 8 2023 03:46pm)
be gone DEMON! ✝

I was born here.
Gold: 262.00
Warn: 60%
Aug 7 2023 09:49pm
I was told that if I have the Final Attack materia attached to the Phoenix summoning materia, then I wouldn't need to worry about heaven.

This post was edited by net on Aug 7 2023 09:49pm
Go Back To General Chat Topic List
Prev1467468469470471541Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll