d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat >
Poll > How To Get To Heaven When You Die
Prev1447448449450451541Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: Locked
Warn: 80%
Jul 5 2023 09:03pm
Quote (ChaunceyCulpeppa @ 5 Jul 2023 20:57)
Proof?

Their definition of proof was forged by years of crude observations combined with unbridled imagination. They are so far behind in the race that they actually think they are winning. Forget analytic methods such as statistics or electron microscopy, that stuff is for idiots.
Gold: 365.40
Warn: 20%
Jul 5 2023 09:08pm
Quote (death_knight @ Jul 5 2023 10:03pm)
Their definition of proof was forged by years of crude observations combined with unbridled imagination. They are so far behind in the race that they actually think they are winning. Forget analytic methods such as statistics or electron microscopy, that stuff is for idiots.

Forged? Are you talking about Catholic alchemists?
Gold: 0.69
Jul 5 2023 09:16pm
Quote (death_knight @ Jul 5 2023 08:03pm)

assertion fallacies
Jul 5 2023 09:27pm
Quote (powwpoww @ 5 Jul 2023 21:08)
Forged? Are you talking about Catholic alchemists?

I was referring to how these people pass off their doctrine as if it is factual. Indeed the alchemists were the first scientists but it wasn't long before they realized science (as philosophy) and religion are almost always mutually exclusive. The Christian doctrine certainly puts intellectual limits on scientific exploration while at the same time presenting arguments that attempt to supersede science without actually disproving the already present and precise methods.

For example, they insist that the flood myth has been proven but it hasn't. To make it worse, they ignore 300 years of intense geologic evidence saying it can from Satan or some other scapegoat.

Quote (TiStuff @ 5 Jul 2023 21:16)
assertion fallacies

Buddy I have a pretty strong idea of how you think which is irrational compared to my own thought process. You are not a scientist and you are clearly uneducated in the natural sciences. I have dismantled many of your statements and you always come back as if I didn't. I've also presented many solid arguments which you didn't bother to investigate because they are proofs that disprove your wild assertions. Let's not forget you continually tell people how to live and have secret knowledge of the past, present and future. I see right through the way you debate and often you manipulate to make a point.
Jul 5 2023 10:09pm
Quote (death_knight @ Jul 5 2023 08:27pm)

Buddy I have a pretty strong idea of how you think which is irrational compared to my own thought process. You are not a scientist and you are clearly uneducated in the natural sciences. I have dismantled many of your statements and you always come back as if I didn't. I've also presented many solid arguments which you didn't bother to investigate because they are proofs that disprove your wild assertions. Let's not forget you continually tell people how to live and have secret knowledge of the past, present and future. I see right through the way you debate and often you manipulate to make a point.

when it comes down to it thats just another load of assertion fallacy
Jul 5 2023 10:29pm
Quote (TiStuff @ 5 Jul 2023 22:09)
when it comes down to it thats just another load of assertion fallacy

What is? Once again you throw blanket statements at me. If you are going to debate or challenge someone, pick something specific to target otherwise I have no idea what you are talking about.

Btw, be careful not to sound smart because I never heard of assertion fallacy. I'll look it up later to see if you are using it correctly.. chances are you are not.
Jul 5 2023 10:39pm
Quote (death_knight @ Jul 5 2023 09:29pm)
What is? Once again you throw blanket statements at me. If you are going to debate or challenge someone, pick something specific to target otherwise I have no idea what you are talking about.

Btw, be careful not to sound smart because I never heard of assertion fallacy. I'll look it up later to see if you are using it correctly.. chances are you are not.

you never hear of assertion fallacy? seriously? you trying to debate people and you dont know fallacies?
to put it simply assertion fallacy- nothing is true just because you say its so.

what i would suggest is you make a list of all the times you schooled me then post it every time i dare peek out of my hidey hole. that should teach me
Jul 5 2023 11:13pm
Quote (TiStuff @ 5 Jul 2023 22:39)
you never hear of assertion fallacy? seriously? you trying to debate people and you dont know fallacies?
to put it simply assertion fallacy- nothing is true just because you say its so.

what i would suggest is you make a list of all the times you schooled me then post it every time i dare peek out of my hidey hole. that should teach me

Even if this assertion fallacy is a thing, I don't see how it pertains to my technical knowledge which is available to anyone who wishes to study it.

What you have done is set up a two word barrier as a convenient rebuttal. Which assertion exactly is a fallacy? You can't group all my assertions together at once because I debate from many different positions. Sometimes I even debate against what I believe so by calling everything I say a fallacy shows you don't know how to read critically.
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 70%
Jul 6 2023 12:28am
for all you atheists, satanists and non believers
show me proof god isn't real
Gold: 69.69
Warn: 40%
Jul 6 2023 12:33am
Quote (death_knight @ Jul 6 2023 04:29pm)

LOL TiStuff never heard of assertion fallacy untill I pointed it out. ( it's actually proof by assertion - literally just making repeated statements with no proof in hopes of wearing down someone with stupidity) He is literally accusing of that which he is guilty of. If you told him that the sky is blue and have provided proof, pictures, scientific studies, graphs and statistics etc he will deny it and say it's whatever color he is told by a 2000 year book. He will continue to repeat the same assertions "God is real because bible told me" arguments like a child.
You are literally speaking to a wall, he is a slave to his inability to comprehend a reality outside what some goat farmers believed 2000 years ago.
Go Back To General Chat Topic List
Prev1447448449450451541Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll