d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat >
Poll > How To Get To Heaven When You Die
Prev1439440441442443541Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 0.69
Jun 24 2023 07:18pm
Quote (death_knight @ Jun 23 2023 05:51pm)
The thing to realize about Dawkins statement(s) that you quoted is they are largely extrapolated. Dawkins cannot say for sure what the 'sole reason for living' is because that statement goes beyond the known data set. For example: The cell structure has been widely studied. However, there are so many molecules types and numbers that we can't keep track of them all. Since a molecule's shape is critical for it's function (an observation previously proven), then the precise of an unknown molecule may produce an unknown result.

So, Dawkin's can't say "sole reason for living" because he doesn't even known what is really inside 1 single cell. Combine that with the different cell types and different organs etc.

he cant say 'sole reason for living' at all and think its a scientific statement. the point i am trying to make is dawkins is what some of us call a high priest of atheism/antitheism. then look at the things he says? do you know who dawkins is?

Quote (death_knight @ Jun 24 2023 02:39pm)
@TiStuff

I bolded the words that are in fact his extrapolated opinions. I used italics for words which physics fails to provide a clear definition. I don't have an opinion on his entire paragraph because my analysis shows many errors in his assertions.

his comment is typical of a atheists/antitheists. seems most things people believe is more whim than anything else

This post was edited by TiStuff on Jun 24 2023 07:19pm
Gold: Locked
Warn: 80%
Jun 24 2023 07:32pm
Quote (TiStuff @ 24 Jun 2023 19:18)
he cant say 'sole reason for living' at all and think its a scientific statement. the point i am trying to make is dawkins is what some of us call a high priest of atheism/antitheism. then look at the things he says? do you know who dawkins is?

his comment is typical of a atheists/antitheists. seems most things people believe is more whim than anything else

I am familiar with Dawkins. As I've said to you before, I don't care much for anyone in the spotlight on these topics because evolutionary biology is probably the most complex science known. It combines all aspects of the natural sciences with mathematics and philosophy. This being said, anyone who makes reductionist statements has likely failed to fully describe whatever it is they are talking about. I've found there is more power in seeing where my own ideas fail than trying to find the faults in others'.
Jun 24 2023 07:36pm
Quote (death_knight @ Jun 24 2023 06:32pm)
I am familiar with Dawkins. As I've said to you before, I don't care much for anyone in the spotlight on these topics because evolutionary biology is probably the most complex science known. It combines all aspects of the natural sciences with mathematics and philosophy. This being said, anyone who makes reductionist statements has likely failed to fully describe whatever it is they are talking about. I've found there is more power in seeing where my own ideas fail than trying to find the faults in others'.

you could just say ?evolutionary biology is probably the most complex science known?
Gold: 1,627.69
Warn: 10%
Jun 24 2023 08:31pm
Quote (TiStuff @ Jun 24 2023 06:36pm)
you could just say ?evolutionary biology is probably the most complex science known?

Reads the first sentence and immediately makes a reductionist statement.
Gold: Locked
Warn: 80%
Jun 25 2023 01:38am
Quote (TiStuff @ 24 Jun 2023 19:36)

Well, the usage of the term evolutionary biology as a sub-discipline specifically refers to studying biology with the assumption that evolution is the driving force. Evolution in this context is essentially assumed to be true because of previous chemical and physical observations. These observations have been correlated with intense mathematics, the example I gave earlier of a DNA double helix is a great example of the beauty in such a scientific discovery.

So, we can talk about evolution in contexts we can understand like the double helix. However, I find it unhelpful to get involved in discussions that are beyond my knowledge. That knowledge limit might be because I lack the education, it could also be that I didn't try hard enough to understand. It could also be that the answers to some questions are impossible to know or comprehend. It could also be that what I was taught previously is simply wrong.
Jun 25 2023 06:11am
Quote (Sh00p @ Jun 24 2023 07:31pm)
Reads the first sentence and immediately makes a reductionist statement.

actually thats part of the second sentence

Quote (death_knight @ Jun 25 2023 12:38am)
Well, the usage of the term evolutionary biology as a sub-discipline specifically refers to studying biology with the assumption that evolution is the driving force. Evolution in this context is essentially assumed to be true because of previous chemical and physical observations. These observations have been correlated with intense mathematics, the example I gave earlier of a DNA double helix is a great example of the beauty in such a scientific discovery.

So, we can talk about evolution in contexts we can understand like the double helix. However,I find it unhelpful to get involved in discussions that are beyond my knowledge. That knowledge limit might be because I lack the education, it could also be that I didn't try hard enough to understand. It could also be that the answers to some questions are impossible to know or comprehend. It could also be that what I was taught previously is simply wrong.

nobody denies 'evolution.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Biologists must constantly keep in mind that what they see was not designed, but rather evolved.
-francis crick, co discoverer of the double helix
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I find it unhelpful to get involved in discussions that are beyond my knowledge. That knowledge limit might be because I lack the education

This post was edited by TiStuff on Jun 25 2023 06:16am
Gold: 1.69
Jun 25 2023 08:05am
Quote (TiStuff @ Jun 24 2023 02:13pm)
you have an awful lot of faith in what you chose to believe.

you will be farming sorrows

It's facts of life, it's all around you. Just look. Look at a colony of bees, a colony of ants. Look at every other life form in this planet we share. It's literally common sense and I don't understand how people actually believing be in made up fairy tales. Are there other things out there other than us? Definitely. Look at us compared to a microscopic universe. There's definitely more than meets the eye. But, that doesn't mean anything else has any effect on our lives whatsoever. We still are the only beings that have control over ourselves. Death is permanent. The proof is all around you in the circle of life
Gold: 1.69
Jun 25 2023 08:08am
Quote (Nirjan @ Jun 24 2023 08:31pm)
i was raised to think like this and i really believed what you say was the truth, once you die thats it. nothing.
believed religion & the after life is a coping mechanism for dealing with the fear of death
then one day in my early 20's i woke up to see a demon standing at the end of my bed
i was physically frozen and couldn't yell for help. there were 5 other people asleep in the same room, all having nightmares and talking/whimpering in their sleep simultaneously
the demon put its hands on my shoulders and held me down. i could see its face come out of the darkness, disgusting, half human half animal.
it even had horns too but they were small curly ram horns
its face was as big as a horses face but it had human features like a nose, chin ect. it moved its face closer and closer to mine until it actually put its face into my face (hard to explain)
but when it did that i could see what it was made from, its whole mass was made from a million tiny sparks of light buzzing around kind of like fire but different.
so at that moment i was experiencing a feeling i can only describe as true terror. not fear for my physical death but fear for my soul.

at that point i knew what i had to do, i had to acknowledge Jesus Christ and ask for his help.
do you know the pride you have to swallow to do that as an atheist? its a hard thing to do. but i did it.
i didn't see Jesus himself but there was a light glow to my left and i saw the demon pull its head back and look and then disappeared in a second.
it was all over i could move again, sprung out of my bed and had to stop myself from yelling at the top of my lungs and wake everyone up.
gathered my thoughts and somehow went back to sleep that night.
i owe Jesus my soul.
as for the after life i still have no idea but humans definitely have a soul and it can be lost

The brain is capable of making you see and believe some absolutely insane things. I once saw into different dimensions while in psychosis after not sleeping for 3 weeks, I completely lost my mind and I was having conversations with beings that weren't real. I was able to see it for what it was though, it was just my brain doing that, it wasn't a real reality. Once I went through psychosis I realized how extremely powerful the human brain actually is. I'm sure you did see that, as I saw some pretty intense things as well. But all that was was the human brain doing that, it wasn't a real objective reality.

If other beings do exist that are bigger than us, which in sure they are and do. They have no more control over our lives/thoughts/"prayers" than ants do to us, or even smaller beings do to us. We are just a part of a huge things we cant really grasp the scale of. But common sense tells you it's no different than that. Those beings that we can't see have no control over our own lives. God simply doesn't exist, if you look around at how life works the proof is all there. We are all just living together and experiencing the circle of life. Watch some videos of humans getting mutilated and you'll see that we are just like every other species when our insides are on our outsides. "Souls" arent a thing. Our brain is the only reason we think so.

I don't say any of this to upset anyone so please don't take it that way

This post was edited by Loipisdead on Jun 25 2023 08:14am
Jun 25 2023 01:54pm
Quote (Loipisdead @ Jun 25 2023 07:05am)
It's facts of life, it's all around you. Just look. Look at a colony of bees, a colony of ants. Look at every other life form in this planet we share. It's literally common sense and I don't understand how people actually believing be in made up fairy tales. Are there other things out there other than us? Definitely. Look at us compared to a microscopic universe. There's definitely more than meets the eye. But, that doesn't mean anything else has any effect on our lives whatsoever. We still are the only beings that have control over ourselves. Death is permanent. The proof is all around you in the circle of life

Loipisdead says death is the end of it all nothing else cause Loipisdead decided it. it amazes me how the non believer especially the atheists maker of great claims viewing themselves as some kind of mystic.

maybe you will give this a chance?
Michael Egnor: The Evidence against Materialism

Gold: 14,670.69
Jun 25 2023 04:24pm
Quote (TiStuff @ Jun 25 2023 12:54pm)
Loipisdead says death is the end of it all nothing else cause Loipisdead decided it. it amazes me how the non believer especially the atheists maker of great claims viewing themselves as some kind of mystic.

maybe you will give this a chance?
Michael Egnor: The Evidence against Materialism
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqHrpBPdtSI

Are you insecure about your beliefs? Why the fuck would you care what other people choose to believe in? Why would you try and convert people towards your bullshit? Nobody cares
:banana: Juan :banana:
Go Back To General Chat Topic List
Prev1439440441442443541Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll