d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat >
Poll > How To Get To Heaven When You Die
Prev1437438439440441541Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 14,670.69
Jun 23 2023 08:50am
Quote (TiStuff @ Jun 23 2023 06:51am)
do you even know what the definition of science is?

science hasnt the foggiest idea how life could have arouse out of some kind of naturalistic accidental means. anyone say it did dont have a clue about the science they profess to study. atheists/antitheists will even admit it if one is really "observable"
Stephen Jay Gould > Quotes > Quotable Quote
https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/7838107-the-extreme-rarity-of-transitional-forms-in-the-fossil-record
excerpt: Paleontologists have paid an exorbitant price for Darwin's argument. We fancy ourselves as the only true students of life's history, yet to preserve our favored account of evolution by natural selection we view our data as so bad that we never see the very process we profess to study.
[Evolution’s Erratic Pace - "Natural History," May, 1977]”
― Stephen Jay Gould

Do you know the definition of religion? A scam for the weak winded

E/ your desperate poll has already been wrecked by anonymous votes

This post was edited by BigSmokeHarold on Jun 23 2023 08:54am
Gold: 0.69
Jun 23 2023 09:25am
Quote (death_knight @ Jun 23 2023 07:49am)
What? Interpolation / extrapolation is applied mathematics. In fact, it is used to assign validity to a prediction. The distinction is critical to something like evolution so I recommend you research the concepts.

ex·tra·po·la·tion
noun
noun: extrapolation; plural noun: extrapolations
the action of estimating or concluding something by assuming that existing trends will continue or a current method will remain applicable.

extrapolate according to your belief. its not hard science. it could also be called "according to imaginary process" though
Jun 23 2023 09:27am
Quote (BigSmokeHarold @ Jun 23 2023 07:50am)
Do you know the definition of religion? A scam for the weak winded

E/ your desperate poll has already been wrecked by anonymous votes

you have no idea your the most religious of them all
Gold: Locked
Warn: 80%
Jun 23 2023 10:11am
Quote (TiStuff @ 23 Jun 2023 09:25)
ex·tra·po·la·tion
noun
noun: extrapolation; plural noun: extrapolations
the action of estimating or concluding something by assuming that existing trends will continue or a current method will remain applicable.

extrapolate according to your belief. its not hard science. it could also be called "according to imaginary process" though

No it can't be called that. Interpolation is a result or prediction taken from with a range of data. Extrapolation is a prediction that goes beyond what is actually known. For example:

The data:

I walk into a pen and counted 100 white sheep. Each sheep has an ear tag numbered 1-100. There are exactly 100 white sheep in total.

Interpolated statement: If I take 50 sheep out of the field, there will be 50 sheep left. This statement is true because it can be proven directly the data.

Extrapolated statement: Since all the sheep are white, the baby sheep of the next generation will be white. This statement cannot be proven because we don't actually know if the next generation will be white. We are basing that on the information we have clearly heritability of genes requires more information.

Make sense?

Jun 23 2023 10:17am
Quote (death_knight @ Jun 23 2023 09:11am)
No it can't be called that. Interpolation is a result or prediction taken from with a range of data. Extrapolation is a prediction that goes beyond what is actually known. For example:

The data:

I walk into a pen and counted 100 white sheep. Each sheep has an ear tag numbered 1-100. There are exactly 100 white sheep in total.

Interpolated statement: If I take 50 sheep out of the field, there will be 50 sheep left. This statement is true because it can be proven directly the data.

Extrapolated statement: Since all the sheep are white, the baby sheep of the next generation will be white. This statement cannot be proven because we don't actually know if the next generation will be white. We are basing that on the information we have clearly heritability of genes requires more information.

Make sense?

it doesnt work with white sheep but its good enough to prove "macro" evolution?
Gold: 14,670.69
Jun 23 2023 10:17am
Quote (TiStuff @ Jun 23 2023 08:27am)
you have no idea your the most religious of them all

Must be huh, preach to your sheep
Jun 23 2023 10:20am
Quote (BigSmokeHarold @ Jun 23 2023 09:17am)
Must be huh, preach to your sheep

preach to "the " sheep
Jun 23 2023 10:32am
Quote (TiStuff @ 23 Jun 2023 10:17)
it doesnt work with white sheep but its good enough to prove "macro" evolution?

What are you talking about? I was showing how interpolation and extrapolation are used to form theories. The relationship to evolution is the amount of data that has been collected. After thousands of experiments and observations, the data converges on a set of patterns known as speciation. The bulk of this theory is based on interpolated data. Scientists then use this data to make extrapolated statements about the distant past and future. The further they get away from what is actually known, the less likely that statement is to be true.

So there is a lot of things I can say about evolution that I can mathematically prove to you. On the other hand, I doubt any religious claim can be proven in the same way.
Jun 23 2023 10:42am
Quote (death_knight @ Jun 23 2023 09:32am)
What are you talking about? I was showing how interpolation and extrapolation are used to form theories. The relationship to evolution is the amount of data that has been collected. After thousands of experiments and observations, the data converges on a set of patterns known as speciation. The bulk of this theory is based on interpolated data. Scientists then use this data to make extrapolated statements about the distant past and future. The further they get away from what is actually known, the less likely that statement is to be true.

So there is a lot of things I can say about evolution that I can mathematically prove to you. On the other hand, I doubt any religious claim can be proven in the same way.

your discussion about interpolation and extrapolation is nothing more than red herring

here is a collection of actual statements from a scientist a atheist scientist. they know "macro" evolution has problems. I show you this kind of stuff repeatedly......... you came back at me with trickery, your only kidding your self.
https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/7838107-the-extreme-rarity-of-transitional-forms-in-the-fossil-record
excerpt: Paleontologists have paid an exorbitant price for Darwin's argument. We fancy ourselves as the only true students of life's history, yet to preserve our favored account of evolution by natural selection we view our data as so bad that we never see the very process we profess to study.
― Stephen Jay Gould

"So there is a lot of things I can say about evolution that I can mathematically prove to you. On the other hand, I doubt any religious claim can be proven in the same way."
(no one disputes the rather large generic term "evolution")
Jun 23 2023 10:55am
Quote (TiStuff @ 23 Jun 2023 10:42)
your discussion about interpolation and extrapolation is nothing more than red herring

here is a collection of actual statements from a scientist a atheist scientist. they know "macro" evolution has problems. I show you this kind of stuff repeatedly......... you came back at me with trickery, your only kidding your self.
[URL]https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/7838107-the-extreme-rarity-of-transitional-forms-in-the-fossil-record[/URL]
― Stephen Jay Gould

"So there is a lot of things I can say about evolution that I can mathematically prove to you. On the other hand, I doubt any religious claim can be proven in the same way."
(no one disputes the rather large generic term "evolution")

The whole point of this current discussion was in response to Frodo's statement that evolution isn't based on real science. I completely disagree because I have been studying evolution in both chemistry and biology in school. The methods used are very clear and precise. When I talk about mathematical proof, I am referring to the molecular geometry of.living things. Evolution has a specific meaning when defining in the textbook and it's based on chemical observations.

An example of the extreme science behind evolution is the discovery that DNA is a double helix. Before you can understand how this was discovered, you need to understand X-ray diffraction which is quantum mechanics. Then you need to understand how x ray diffraction proves that DNA is a.double helix even though it is too small to see.
Go Back To General Chat Topic List
Prev1437438439440441541Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll