d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat >
Poll > How To Get To Heaven When You Die
Prev1436437438439440541Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 14,420.69
Warn: 10%
Jun 22 2023 07:01am
Quote (TiStuff @ 22 Jun 2023 08:38)
mockers and scoffers chasing their own lusts

I'm an doubter but am open minded. Please provide me with proof the bible, Jesus, and heaven is real. The whole thing seems like a scam tbh. But like I said i am open minded. Please stick to science snd facts.
Gold: 14,670.69
Jun 22 2023 07:06am
Quote (TiStuff @ Jun 22 2023 05:38am)
mockers and scoffers chasing their own lusts

As one should, live for thyself

This post was edited by BigSmokeHarold on Jun 22 2023 07:06am
Gold: 0.69
Jun 22 2023 10:58am
Quote (ChaunceyCulpeppa @ Jun 22 2023 06:01am)
I'm an doubter but am open minded. Please provide me with proof the bible, Jesus, and heaven is real. The whole thing seems like a scam tbh. But like I said i am open minded. Please stick to science snd facts.

starting point
two competing ideas one is 'evolution (life was an accident) the other is life was a creation (a mind behind it all) which explanation does science back up best?
Gold: 186.16
Jun 22 2023 10:21pm
Quote (TiStuff @ Jun 22 2023 12:58pm)
starting point
two competing ideas one is 'evolution (life was an accident) the other is life was a creation (a mind behind it all) which explanation does science back up best?

Creationism is backed by Science, Evolution is not. It's just that the Schools won't teach Creationism because they want you to believe Evolution.
Gold: 14,670.69
Jun 23 2023 06:10am
Quote (TiStuff @ Jun 22 2023 09:58am)
starting point

Definitely not the one with the mythical man creating all that is mother natures doing… polar opposite of science why do u even have to ask?
Gold: Locked
Warn: 80%
Jun 23 2023 06:33am
Quote (xfrodobagginsx @ 22 Jun 2023 22:21)
Creationism is backed by Science, Evolution is not. It's just that the Schools won't teach Creationism because they want you to believe Evolution.

Evolution is at the foundation of biology and medicine. It is widely supported by strong empirical evidence and it can be used to describe non-living systems as well.

Creation science is practiced by people who do not follow the same rules as real scientists. I cant find a single paper that has the same scrutiny as something like a University chemistry paper would.

It is one thing to say evolution is nonsense after studying it. I suspect most who badmouth evolution don't understand it or have a predisposition that makes them unwilling to have an open mind.
Jun 23 2023 07:51am
Quote (BigSmokeHarold @ Jun 23 2023 05:10am)
Definitely not the one with the mythical man creating all that is mother natures doing… polar opposite of science why do u even have to ask?

do you even know what the definition of science is?

Quote (death_knight @ Jun 23 2023 05:33am)
Evolution is at the foundation of biology and medicine. It is widely supported by strong empirical evidence and it can be used to describe non-living systems as well.

Creation science is practiced by people who do not follow the same rules as real scientists. I cant find a single paper that has the same scrutiny as something like a University chemistry paper would.

It is one thing to say evolution is nonsense after studying it. I suspect most who badmouth evolution don't understand it or have a predisposition that makes them unwilling to have an open mind.

science hasnt the foggiest idea how life could have arouse out of some kind of naturalistic accidental means. anyone say it did dont have a clue about the science they profess to study. atheists/antitheists will even admit it if one is really "observable"
Stephen Jay Gould > Quotes > Quotable Quote
https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/7838107-the-extreme-rarity-of-transitional-forms-in-the-fossil-record
excerpt: Paleontologists have paid an exorbitant price for Darwin's argument. We fancy ourselves as the only true students of life's history, yet to preserve our favored account of evolution by natural selection we view our data as so bad that we never see the very process we profess to study.
[Evolution’s Erratic Pace - "Natural History," May, 1977]”
― Stephen Jay Gould
Jun 23 2023 08:22am
Quote (TiStuff @ 23 Jun 2023 07:51)
do you even know what the definition of science is?

science hasnt the foggiest idea how life could have arouse out of some kind of naturalistic accidental means. anyone say it did dont have a clue about the science they profess to study. atheists/antitheists will even admit it if one is really "observable"
Stephen Jay Gould > Quotes > Quotable Quote
[URL]https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/7838107-the-extreme-rarity-of-transitional-forms-in-the-fossil-record[/URL]
excerpt: Paleontologists have paid an exorbitant price for Darwin's argument. We fancy ourselves as the only true students of life's history, yet to preserve our favored account of evolution by natural selection we view our data as so bad that we never see the very process we profess to study.
[Evolution’s Erratic Pace - "Natural History," May, 1977]”
― Stephen Jay Gould

Do you understand the term extrapolation? Many people will use data from observations or experiments to predict the past or future. Since evolution is an incomplete theory, I think it's inappropriate to use it to definitely say where life came from.

On the other hand, when used as theory for understanding, evolution explains the similarities and differences observed across all known life forms. This data is interpolation because it has actually been measured. The reason why evolution supports a theory such as abiogenesis is because of statistical similarities that can be mathematically proven. To deny the practicalities for such a theory is like denying the existence of gravity.
Jun 23 2023 08:38am
Quote (death_knight @ Jun 23 2023 07:22am)
Do you understand the term extrapolation? Many people will use data from observations or experiments to predict the past or future. Since evolution is an incomplete theory, I think it's inappropriate to use it to definitely say where life came from.

On the other hand, when used as theory for understanding, evolution explains the similarities and differences observed across all known life forms. This data is interpolation because it has actually been measured. The reason why evolution supports a theory such as abiogenesis is because of statistical similarities that can be mathematically proven. To deny the practicalities for such a theory is like denying the existence of gravity.

prefer hard science to "extrapolation" and so should you
Jun 23 2023 08:49am
Quote (TiStuff @ 23 Jun 2023 08:38)
prefer hard science to "extrapolation" and so should you

What? Interpolation / extrapolation is applied mathematics. In fact, it is used to assign validity to a prediction. The distinction is critical to something like evolution so I recommend you research the concepts.
Go Back To General Chat Topic List
Prev1436437438439440541Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll