d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat >
Poll > How To Get To Heaven When You Die
Prev1347348349350351541Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: Locked
Warn: 80%
Mar 20 2023 01:25pm
Quote (TiStuff @ 20 Mar 2023 13:15)
but you did respond.....

Yes by laughing at your arrogance. Not sure why you would say something like that after all this. Pretty childish if you ask me.
Gold: 0.69
Warn: 10%
Mar 20 2023 01:44pm
Quote (death_knight @ Mar 20 2023 12:25pm)
Yes by laughing at your arrogance. Not sure why you would say something like that after all this. Pretty childish if you ask me.

dawkins considers a creator, obviously he knows more about biology than you do

craig ventor a actual scientist works in a lab studying life says the tree of life model is bull chit

and both are atheists and the former is a rabid antitheist and still admits there is a problem. who cares what you insist on with your endless excuses

and then we have this guy who has an open challenge and we dont see dawkins running up on him. if you are demanding credentials they have you outmatched. I have sufficiently provided reasonable arguments.
Mar 20 2023 02:04pm
Quote (TiStuff @ 20 Mar 2023 13:44)
dawkins considers a creator, obviously he knows more about biology than you do

craig ventor a actual scientist works in a lab studying life says the tree of life model is bull chit

and both are atheists and the former is a rabid antitheist and still admits there is a problem. who cares what you insist on with your endless excuses

and then we have this guy who has an open challenge and we dont see dawkins running up on him. if you are demanding credentials they have you outmatched. I have sufficiently provided reasonable arguments.
[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lO6Dv7V_jUY[/VIDEO]

What argument did you prove in the last 20 messages of our discussion? I really don't see see what your comment in this post has to do with my personal desire to discover these things myself. It is very easy to point to another persons work and agree with it. Understanding the methods they used and the logic behind it is another matter entirely. Also, I don't believe I have made any excuses because no the majority of our statements are invalid arguments to begin with.

And of course I am outmatched by these people, I am in my first year of biology. That still does not mean that my research and opinions are invalid. This still does not invalidate my attempts to use apply the scientific method. Frankly what you are doing is everything but the scientific method. What actual reading have you done on abiogenesis? Stating your argument as best you can, tell me why the theory is wrong / nonsense. In this part of our debate I will not expect you to provide sources of information, I want YOUR opinion backed up by "facts" that I will research myself. In response that, I will prepare a rebuttal as if I am presenting to the class. I legitimately want you do this because it good practice for me. Frankly I will encounter many more people like you in my career and religion isn't even an issue I really care about. I care about veganism and that is a far harder ideology to prove than anything discussed in this topic.

I look forward to your response. I'd like to take this opportunity to apologize if I seem rude. Religion strikes a nerve with me and I like to debate. Sometimes it goes too far but that is no excuse for harshness.
Mar 20 2023 02:16pm
Quote (death_knight @ Mar 20 2023 01:04pm)
What argument did you prove in the last 20 messages of our discussion? I really don't see see what your comment in this post has to do with my personal desire to discover these things myself. It is very easy to point to another persons work and agree with it. Understanding the methods they used and the logic behind it is another matter entirely. Also, I don't believe I have made any excuses because no the majority of our statements are invalid arguments to begin with.

And of course I am outmatched by these people, I am in my first year of biology. That still does not mean that my research and opinions are invalid. This still does not invalidate my attempts to use apply the scientific method. Frankly what you are doing is everything but the scientific method. What actual reading have you done on abiogenesis? Stating your argument as best you can, tell me why the theory is wrong / nonsense. In this part of our debate I will not expect you to provide sources of information, I want YOUR opinion backed up by "facts" that I will research myself. In response that, I will prepare a rebuttal as if I am presenting to the class. I legitimately want you do this because it good practice for me. Frankly I will encounter many more people like you in my career and religion isn't even an issue I really care about. I care about veganism and that is a far harder ideology to prove than anything discussed in this topic.

I look forward to your response. I'd like to take this opportunity to apologize if I seem rude. Religion strikes a nerve with me and I like to debate. Sometimes it goes too far but that is no excuse for harshness.

why bother with me why not tackle those people with the credentials?
Mar 20 2023 02:55pm
Quote (TiStuff @ 20 Mar 2023 14:16)
why bother with me why not tackle those people with the credentials?

Because credentials are not required to have an opinion.
Mar 20 2023 02:59pm
Quote (death_knight @ Mar 20 2023 01:55pm)
Because credentials are not required to have an opinion.

i have made my arguments in the manner i make them. all you seem to be doing is attempting to get me to change them in order to gain some kind of leverage. im not going for it.

here
I posted this awhile back per your request. i remember you saying you wanted a argument with out scripture. never heard anything about it after i posted it

Quote (TiStuff @ 9 Mar 2023 01:29)
life (living systems) are the most complex and interdependent systems known to man light years ahead of anything man has ever made.
(interdependent means all systems have to me in place at the same time or the system crashes. we are talking about the 'simple cell here)
maybe most importantly its an information system. DNA is a language. A four bit? (quaternary) language that builds a specific body plan.
And nobody has the foggiest idea how the most complex language known to man comes out of some kind of random process.
even after it gets started if given aboigenesis for free (chemical evolution). for evolution "macro" it is necessary for that random process to produce viable information changes.
for this to work the solution offered is deep time. remember the scientific process observable testable repeatable ? is deep time even 'scientific?

the sweetheart of abiogenesis "was" the RNA world hypothesis but that paper has been retracted.

if a person doenst/cant believe this stuff is the product of some kind of random accidental process could you really blame them?

DNA could store all of the world's data in one room
https://www.science.org/content/article/dna-could-store-all-worlds-data-one-room

This post was edited by TiStuff on Mar 20 2023 03:03pm
Gold: 53.69
Mar 20 2023 03:00pm
Facts dont care about your opinion
Gold: 454.69
Mar 20 2023 03:01pm
how to get to :banana: when you :locked:
Mar 20 2023 04:41pm
Quote (TiStuff @ 20 Mar 2023 14:59)
i have made my arguments in the manner i make them. all you seem to be doing is attempting to get me to change them in order to gain some kind of leverage. im not going for it.

here
I posted this awhile back per your request. i remember you saying you wanted a argument with out scripture. never heard anything about it after i posted it

Quote (TiStuff @ 9 Mar 2023 01:29)
life (living systems) are the most complex and interdependent systems known to man light years ahead of anything man has ever made.
(interdependent means all systems have to me in place at the same time or the system crashes. we are talking about the 'simple cell here)
maybe most importantly its an information system. DNA is a language. A four bit? (quaternary) language that builds a specific body plan.
And nobody has the foggiest idea how the most complex language known to man comes out of some kind of random process.
even after it gets started if given aboigenesis for free (chemical evolution). for evolution "macro" it is necessary for that random process to produce viable information changes.
for this to work the solution offered is deep time. remember the scientific process observable testable repeatable ? is deep time even 'scientific?

the sweetheart of abiogenesis "was" the RNA world hypothesis but that paper has been retracted.

if a person doenst/cant believe this stuff is the product of some kind of random accidental process could you really blame them?

DNA could store all of the world's data in one room
[URL]https://www.science.org/content/article/dna-could-store-all-worlds-data-one-room[/URL]

Ok I remember that but you have to admit its hard to tell what questions you are asking. Can you at least number them?

As for the language part, I dug up this video a friend showed me quite a while ago when I started getting into AI. From what I understand about your questions (while still confused), this would probably interest you:

https://youtu.be/AZX6awZq5Z0

Gold: 15,420.69
Mar 20 2023 04:53pm
Quote (T_R_E_V_O_R @ 20 Mar 2023 17:01)
how to get to :banana: when you :locked:

Finally someone asking the real questions around here.
Go Back To General Chat Topic List
Prev1347348349350351541Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll