d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat >
Poll > How To Get To Heaven When You Die
Prev1342343344345346541Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 0.69
Warn: 10%
Mar 15 2023 07:48am
Quote (lolkggz @ Mar 15 2023 06:32am)
⛧⛧⛧

how come the 'star is upside down?
Gold: 16,366.69
Mar 15 2023 07:49am
plus
Gold: Locked
Warn: 80%
Mar 15 2023 07:52am
Quote (TiStuff @ 15 Mar 2023 07:31)
1. what is your definition of faith
2. the creation is proof. unles your going to insist (to start with) science has explained how abiogenesis is even possible?
3. yes if you dont repent and change your ways. . what does "believe in God" mean to you?

believe in God or believe there is a God

if we are to argue about scripture. you need to provide the scripture version(translation) chapter and verse then your argument
that you say "(because he described as a lunatic by the holy books) " doesnt really mean anything as i dont have faith in your stand alone opinion.

ya.........you have choice in what food you eat. you said so your self.

you know that is just ear wiggling

1) I define faith as a person's reasons and capacity to do anything without assurance or proof.

2) You seemed to ignore my posts about creation and abiogenesis because I went into detail about my position on this. To rephrase, abiogenesis is widely supported by research. However, there is still much research to be done so the theory is incomplete as learning about this depends on our current technology. Our technology could change tomorrow and what science "knows" is regularly upended. The fact remains that abiogenesis is an extremely complex topic. I barely understand it and it in the foundation of my biology coursework. It will take me several years of learning chemistry to have a grasp on it. For example, the principle behind the 'lipid bilayer' of cells. While it is easy to comprehend at first glance, the mechismns as to what fats and water don't mix is extremely complex. It is then understandable why people reject abiogenesis... it requires a deep knowledge as well as staying up to date on the current findings.

3) Believing in God is Boolean: Either you do or you don't and you can have infinite reasons for either. I don't like the word believe because of context. I prefer to use the word perceive because what we perceive doesn't always correspond to reality. So I perceive God doesn't exist because I have never detected him and it's as simple as that. The only evidence I have is some very old books and the testimony of others which is nothing compared to the mountain of biological evidence that I have studied.
Mar 15 2023 11:02am
Quote (death_knight @ Mar 15 2023 06:52am)
1) I define faith as a person's reasons and capacity to do anything without assurance or proof.

2) You seemed to ignore my posts about creation and abiogenesis because I went into detail about my position on this. To rephrase, abiogenesis is widely supported by research. However, there is still much research to be done so the theory is incomplete as learning about this depends on our current technology. Our technology could change tomorrow and what science "knows" is regularly upended. The fact remains that abiogenesis is an extremely complex topic. I barely understand it and it in the foundation of my biology coursework. It will take me several years of learning chemistry to have a grasp on it. For example, the principle behind the 'lipid bilayer' of cells. While it is easy to comprehend at first glance, the mechismns as to what fats and water don't mix is extremely complex. It is then understandable why people reject abiogenesis... it requires a deep knowledge as well as staying up to date on the current findings.

3) Believing in God is Boolean: Either you do or you don't and you can have infinite reasons for either. I don't like the word believe because of context. I prefer to use the word perceive because what we perceive doesn't always correspond to reality. So I perceive God doesn't exist because I have never detected him and it's as simple as that. The only evidence I have is some very old books and the testimony of others which is nothing compared to the mountain of biological evidence that I have studied.

1. well? i would consider that definition false. faith is just another word for trust. its really that simple. the stuff people make up after the fact is just gaslighting.

2. i didnt ignore them I answered them.
Quote (TiStuff @ 9 Mar 2023 01:29)
life (living systems) are the most complex and interdependent systems known to man light years ahead of anything man has ever made.
(interdependent means all systems have to me in place at the same time or the system crashes. we are talking about the 'simple cell here)
maybe most importantly its an information system. DNA is a language. A four bit? (quaternary) language that builds a specific body plan.
And nobody has the foggiest idea how the most complex language known to man comes out of some kind of random process.
even after it gets started if given aboigenesis for free (chemical evolution). for evolution "macro" it is necessary for that random process to produce viable information changes.
for this to work the solution offered is deep time. remember the scientific process observable testable repeatable ? is deep time even 'scientific?

the sweetheart of abiogenesis "was" the RNA world hypothesis but that paper has been retracted.

"...abiogenesis is widely supported by research." your the only person I have heard make that claim. its has got so bad that panspermia (the aliens did it) seems to be the popular excuse of the day.

fred hoyle
"A common sense interpretation of the facts suggests that a super intellect has monkeyed with physics, as well as with chemistry and biology, and that there are no blind forces worth speaking about in nature."
http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/Nave-html/Faithpathh/Hoyle.html

here is another answer. i suggest start it @1:50
Dr. James Tour - "I don't understand evolution"

3. if you went to the dark side of the moon or perhaps another planet and found alien machinery would you conclude its evidence of nothing
some people see biology as machinery. at a molecular level stuff is even called molecular machines. you spend your time insisting the stuff is a product of some kind of accidental random process. seems you might be a outliar in that ancient belief? perhaps your doing that so you can reject that you have detected God.
Gold: 53.69
Mar 15 2023 11:08am
im glad tistuff finally found his soulmate
Mar 15 2023 11:13am
Quote (DaJockaz @ Mar 15 2023 10:08am)
im glad tistuff finally found his soulmate

hey great news who is it?
Gold: 80,771.69
Mar 15 2023 05:43pm
Quote (death_knight @ Mar 15 2023 06:36am)
The concept of free will from a theistic perspective is a fallacy. It doesn't make sense to me that God made every aspect of us but also gave us free will. Of course trying to understand God is impossible which undermines the concept even further.

It follows that my apparent desire to go against God was also programmed into me as well as all the conflict that stems from it. The idea that I have a choice here is an illusion because whether I choose to follow God or not carries a deterministic quality. In other words, God made all aspects of me, therefor logic demands I am entirely under his control. This fallacy is similar to the existence of Satan when God is all powerful.

If I do have free will and if Satan exists, that is fundamental proof that God is NOT all powerful and indeed has enemies or made a mistake making us. I have analyzed this issue a dozen times and my conclusion is the same: Either God doesn't exist or our perception of him is completely unlike his actuality in both will and power.

Quote (TiStuff @ Mar 15 2023 06:42am)
you still have a choice or are you one of those that say free will doesnt exist?

DK is a clone. his thoughts arent even his. they are sourced from the internet of things(iot) and the iot emulates sunlight based human memory or intelligence(formerly recorded):

Gold: 5.27
Warn: 80%
Mar 15 2023 07:27pm
Praise god

Praise father son and Holy ghost

Praise Jesus Christ who is

Who was

And is to come.

Favor life and death are in your hands. You own us.

Lord nothing I ask for will be withheld from me, this much I know.

I pray for the woman that tried to help me improve today. I pray that you may bless her with great things. I pray also for the man who tried to help me today, may you bless them and those around them.

Have mercy upon my workplace and do not be angry at those who speak against me.

For I have been a disgraceful son and have disgraced your name. I am ashamed and I feel as much that I should be put away.

Alright. Let me work in the darkness so that I could at least provide for my two baby girls.

In Jesus name,
Amen
Gold: 80,771.69
Mar 17 2023 12:22pm
Quote (redExorcist @ Mar 15 2023 07:27pm)
Praise god

Praise father son and Holy ghost

Praise Jesus Christ who is

Who was

And is to come.

Favor life and death are in your hands. You own us.

Lord nothing I ask for will be withheld from me, this much I know.

I pray for the woman that tried to help me improve today. I pray that you may bless her with great things. I pray also for the man who tried to help me today, may you bless them and those around them.

Have mercy upon my workplace and do not be angry at those who speak against me.

For I have been a disgraceful son and have disgraced your name. I am ashamed and I feel as much that I should be put away.

Alright. Let me work in the darkness so that I could at least provide for my two baby girls.

In Jesus name,
Amen

type more spaces to cover up truth k thnx bye.
Gold: 186.16
Mar 18 2023 09:16pm
Dancing bannanas are awesome! :banana:
Go Back To General Chat Topic List
Prev1342343344345346541Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll