d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat >
Poll > How To Get To Heaven When You Die
Prev1341342343344345541Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 32,639.69
Mar 15 2023 06:45am
:banana:
Gold: 770.35
Mar 15 2023 06:46am
๐Ÿ˜ˆ๐Ÿ˜ˆ๐Ÿ˜ˆ๐Ÿ˜ˆ
Gold: 16,366.69
Warn: 10%
Mar 15 2023 06:47am
plus
Gold: 454.69
Mar 15 2023 06:47am
Gold: Locked
Warn: 80%
Mar 15 2023 07:00am
Quote (TiStuff @ 15 Mar 2023 06:42)
you still have a choice or are you one of those that say free will doesnt exist?

From a biological perspective I think we have a measure of free will but certainly not from God's perspective. I'll lay this out the way I concluded on this around ten years ago:

The way I see it, there are 3 reasons to believe in God: 1) Faith 2) Physical proof such a vision or dream 3) The threat of damnation

Since 1 and 2 don't apply to me in the least, the only reason I have is the threat that if I don't I will be eternally tortured or destroyed. This is the definition of coercion: "Do this or else", so if I do decide to believe in God, it will only ever be under duress. So unless I want to burn forever in hell, I better starting believe in God.

So I have 2 options, either reject God (because he described as a lunatic by the holy books) or follow him blindly so I have a chance at heaven. No matter which way you slice it, he programmed both choices into me as well as all the variables related to each. Furthermore, I wasn't given a choice to begin with because it is either believe in him or face damnation. Since I don't want damnation just as much as I don't want to starve, I have to believe in God just like I have to eat.

You could say that eating is free will too but that is also a fallacy. Sure we can choose what and when to eat, but if we don't we will die. Therefor the choice to eat food is an illusion. The choice we have is what foods to eat and when. This is the aspect of biological free will that is supported by research. Whether you look at it from God's perspective or biologically, there is still the deterministic quality, that is, cause ---> effect. There is no way around this an this invalidates many aspects of the description of God.
Mar 15 2023 07:05am
Gold: 454.69
Mar 15 2023 07:05am
Quote (death_knight @ Mar 15 2023 09:00am)
From a biological perspective I think we have a measure of free will but certainly not from God's perspective. I'll lay this out the way I concluded on this around ten years ago:

The way I see it, there are 3 reasons to believe in God: 1) Faith 2) Physical proof such a vision or dream 3) The threat of damnation

Since 1 and 2 don't apply to me in the least, the only reason I have is the threat that if I don't I will be eternally tortured or destroyed. This is the definition of coercion: "Do this or else", so if I do decide to believe in God, it will only ever be under duress. So unless I want to burn forever in hell, I better starting believe in God.

So I have 2 options, either reject God (because he described as a lunatic by the holy books) or follow him blindly so I have a chance at heaven. No matter which way you slice it, he programmed both choices into me as well as all the variables related to each. Furthermore, I wasn't given a choice to begin with because it is either believe in him or face damnation. Since I don't want damnation just as much as I don't want to starve, I have to believe in God just like I have to eat.

You could say that eating is free will too but that is also a fallacy. Sure we can choose what and when to eat, but if we don't we will die. Therefor the choice to eat food is an illusion. The choice we have is what foods to eat and when. This is the aspect of biological free will that is supported by research. Whether you look at it from God's perspective or biologically, there is still the deterministic quality, that is, cause ---> effect. There is no way around this an this invalidates many aspects of the description of God.

Hey, nobody cares. Hope this helps.
Gold: 15,420.69
Mar 15 2023 07:13am
Quote (death_knight @ 15 Mar 2023 09:00)

Have you reached out to the Mod team to repay your scam yet ?
Gold: 0.69
Warn: 10%
Mar 15 2023 07:31am
Quote (death_knight @ Mar 15 2023 06:00am)

1. what is your definition of faith
2. the creation is proof. unles your going to insist (to start with) science has explained how abiogenesis is even possible?
3. yes if you dont repent and change your ways. . what does "believe in God" mean to you?

believe in God or believe there is a God

if we are to argue about scripture. you need to provide the scripture version(translation) chapter and verse then your argument
that you say "(because he described as a lunatic by the holy books) " doesnt really mean anything as i dont have faith in your stand alone opinion.

ya.........you have choice in what food you eat. you said so your self.

Quote (lolkggz @ Mar 15 2023 06:05am)

you know that is just ear wiggling
Mar 15 2023 07:32am
โ›งโ›งโ›ง
Go Back To General Chat Topic List
Prev1341342343344345541Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll