d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat >
Poll > How To Get To Heaven When You Die
Prev1336337338339340541Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 53.69
Warn: 10%
Mar 10 2023 01:55pm
THEORY of evolution
Do you understand the word theory?
Gold: 32,639.69
Mar 10 2023 02:05pm
Quote (TiStuff @ Mar 10 2023 01:53pm)
scripture doesnt say "to death" dont be a liar it looks bad.

Sorry just mauling 42 of them.
I thought this was implied they were dead.
Mar 10 2023 02:07pm
In what should be good news for intolerant religious conservatives, God really does hate people who are different from the norm. Of course, God isn't as worried about skin color or sexual orientation as he is about whether you're ugly or not. Because if you're ugly, you can just go worship some other god, okay? (Even though God will punish you if you do and also they don't exist.) Here's the people God does not want coming into his churches: People with blemishes, blind people, the lame, those with flat noses, dwarves, people with scurvy, people with bad eyes, people with bad skin, and those that "hath their stones broken." Given that God is technically responsible for giving people all of these afflictions in the first place, this is an enormous dick move. (Leviticus 21:17-24)
Gold: 0.69
Mar 10 2023 02:09pm
Quote (lolkggz @ Mar 10 2023 12:05pm)
Sorry just mauling 42 of them.
I thought this was implied they were dead.

wow, everyone else that i have had this conversation with demands it means death. you have kinda stunned me :)
Mar 10 2023 02:09pm
God has killed so many people, you guys. Okay, I mean technically, God has killed everyone if you subscribe to Judeo-Christian thought, but I'm not talking about indirect methods, I'm talking about God murdering countless people in horrible ways simply because he's pissed off. God drowning every single person on the planet besides Noah and his family is pretty well known, but he also helped the Israelites murder everyone in Jericho, Heshbon, Bashan and many more, usually killing women, children and animals at the same time. Hell, God once helped some Israelites kill 500,000 other Israelites. God's crazy.
Mar 10 2023 02:14pm
Quote (lolkggz @ Mar 10 2023 12:07pm)
In what should be good news for intolerant religious conservatives, God really does hate people who are different from the norm. Of course, God isn't as worried about skin color or sexual orientation as he is about whether you're ugly or not. Because if you're ugly, you can just go worship some other god, okay? (Even though God will punish you if you do and also they don't exist.) Here's the people God does not want coming into his churches: People with blemishes, blind people, the lame, those with flat noses, dwarves, people with scurvy, people with bad eyes, people with bad skin, and those that "hath their stones broken." Given that God is technically responsible for giving people all of these afflictions in the first place, this is an enormous dick move. (Leviticus 21:17-24)

your plagiarizing addones tripe? I would have to look it up again but most likely it was temple rules not Gods. When Jesus arrived on scene he was very critical what they turned the house of God into. if you know anything perhaps you remember the story of Jesus over turning the tables of the money changers in the temple?
Mar 10 2023 02:16pm
And here's more evidence that God is a drunk maniac: Jacob was traveling with his two wives, his 11 kids, and all his earthly possessions and had sent them across a river. At that moment, a guy essentially leapt out of the bushes and started wrestling. It's God! They wrestle all night, and God cannot beat Jacob, so he uses his magic God powers to wrench Jacob's hip out of its socket. But Jacob still won't let him out of a headlock until God blesses him, because Jacob has figured out who this bizarre man is. God blesses him and wanders off, presumably to go get in a bar fight somewhere. (Genesis 32: 22-31)
Mar 10 2023 02:19pm
Quote (lolkggz @ Mar 10 2023 12:09pm)
God has killed so many people, you guys. Okay, I mean technically, God has killed everyone if you subscribe to Judeo-Christian thought, but I'm not talking about indirect methods, I'm talking about God murdering countless people in horrible ways simply because he's pissed off. God drowning every single person on the planet besides Noah and his family is pretty well known, but he also helped the Israelites murder everyone in Jericho, Heshbon, Bashan and many more, usually killing women, children and animals at the same time. Hell, God once helped some Israelites kill 500,000 other Israelites. God's crazy.

wow another post? you feeling better?
Mar 10 2023 02:20pm
According to a count in the Bible, God killed 24,391,421 people. Satan, by comparison, killed 10.

This post was edited by lolkggz on Mar 10 2023 02:21pm
Gold: Locked
Warn: 80%
Mar 10 2023 07:11pm
Quote (TiStuff @ 9 Mar 2023 01:29)
life (living systems) are the most complex and interdependent systems known to man light years ahead of anything man has ever made.
(interdependent means all systems have to me in place at the same time or the system crashes. we are talking about the 'simple cell here)
maybe most importantly its an information system. DNA is a language. A four bit? (quaternary) language that builds a specific body plan.
And nobody has the foggiest idea how the most complex language known to man comes out of some kind of random process.
even after it gets started if given aboigenesis for free (chemical evolution). for evolution "macro" it is necessary for that random process to produce viable information changes.
for this to work the solution offered is deep time. remember the scientific process observable testable repeatable ? is deep time even 'scientific?

the sweetheart of abiogenesis "was" the RNA world hypothesis but that paper has been retracted.

if a person doenst/cant believe this stuff is the product of some kind of random accidental process could you really blame them?
DNA could store all of the world's data in one room
[URL]https://www.science.org/content/article/dna-could-store-all-worlds-data-one-room[/URL]

There is much about the "standard model" that I don't agree with. Some is because it is far-fetched and some that is too complex for me to grasp. However, the model lays the groundwork for biology because all living things comprise of non-living building blocks.

Physicists and engineers like to extrapolate data about the past from things we can investigate now. A example of this is calculating what happened 1 second after the big bang from Hubble Space Telescope images. Now while there is compelling evidence (mathematics) to show what was likely to be the case, the truth remains: it is impossible to know for sure. Even if we could wind back time, there is no guarantee the laws of physics themselves did not change because if they did, our references to measure against are by definition useless. Because of this, I am careful on which theories I endorse and which of those I do not because I could easily be wrong by virtue of a simple miscalculation or believing in an illusion altogether.

Which brings me to information and the RNA world hypothesis. To begin, all things that exist carry information. This information is encoded in some way that may or may not be apparent to use. Language is of course movements of the mouth that cause vibrations. Our brains translate this into meaningful information we call language. But by no means is this effect unique. I realize you don't follow evolution but interesting data shows that many species developed their own ways to communicate, even plants! There is often the idea that Nature is random but I don't think that is the case. Rather, Nature "selects" for traits that will help the organism or its offspring. Almost every aspect our biology (and medicine) can be explained by tracing our evolution through time, that is, the very small and slow changes that gave rise to me typing this message. As for the RNA hypothesis, I am skeptical on that because it does not account for the encoding of non-living information already present at that time. A crystal of table salt is highly organized and carries information encoded as a 1:1 ratio of sodium to chlorine atoms. This suggests that the universe is NOT random and behaves in very strict and preditible ways.
Go Back To General Chat Topic List
Prev1336337338339340541Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll