d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat >
Poll > How To Get To Heaven When You Die
Prev1334335336337338541Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: Locked
Warn: 80%
Mar 8 2023 10:04pm
Quote (TiStuff @ 8 Mar 2023 15:58)
next time then leave out the "weak" arguments and just use the "solid" ones.

had a victory of sorts in another discussion. an admission "Abiogenesis is a theory, not a fact" what do you really have?

It is hard to know which points are strong when you have a negative predisposition towards my way of thinking. And thinking of debate in terms of victories is a poor way to go about it..

But what do I really have? Now that is a good question. Aside from the small collection of experiments I have done myself, what I really have to support my ideas is the scientific collective. I don't follow any particular scientist because the amount of things a person could study in their career is endless. People devout their lives to making better concrete, some make better food, others use microscopes. The major difference between how I think and you think is I take an "average" of all the knowledge out there and apply it to my life. It then follows that I am agnostic (not atheist) and I am vegan. Largely for the same reasons which I won't get into.

For a person like you on the other hand, you follow a dogma that is very strict in practice and tradition. It is reasonable that the same dogma that you follow is what my parents follow which is the Hebrew Bible among other names.

The other part I have not mentioned is what do you for work and your hobbies? How do you spend your time? I have found most religious people are high school educated and spend most of their time talking about God rather than doing calculations. And I have seen this many times growing up. People gather in the church and talk about God in ways that are to the scientist impossible to predict. What heaven is like is a great example. I must have heard 100 different versions.

Abiogenesis in a similar sense has 100 versions as well as it is theory built from many smaller theories. I used a synonym earlier called chemical evolution because that is the mechanism. Which brings me to my question: What exactly about the theory seems like nonsense? To talk it further, why is it unreasonable we evoloved from apes? Without using God or the Bible as a reason, tell me why these are false.
Gold: 0.69
Warn: 10%
Mar 9 2023 01:54am
Quote (hoipolloi @ Mar 8 2023 04:00pm)
Hey I'm a non believer

The Bible calls for you folks to convert me

I think the Bible is a bunch of unsubstantiated crap claims , contradictions,immorality and mythology

Can you give me your strongest , most rational and convincing argument for the existence of God/Jesus and biblical truth ?

first order of business, where did you get this idea? "The Bible calls for you folks to convert me"

ya i suppose the bible is crap if you dont understand it. but isnt that how everything works?

at this moment your the strongest argument, witness your fallen condition. :)
Gold: 1.71
Warn: 50%
Mar 9 2023 02:00am
Mar 9 2023 02:29am
Quote (death_knight @ Mar 8 2023 08:04pm)
It is hard to know which points are strong when you have a negative predisposition towards my way of thinking. And thinking of debate in terms of victories is a poor way to go about it..

But what do I really have? Now that is a good question. Aside from the small collection of experiments I have done myself, what I really have to support my ideas is the scientific collective. I don't follow any particular scientist because the amount of things a person could study in their career is endless. People devout their lives to making better concrete, some make better food, others use microscopes. The major difference between how I think and you think is I take an "average" of all the knowledge out there and apply it to my life. It then follows that I am agnostic (not atheist) and I am vegan. Largely for the same reasons which I won't get into.

For a person like you on the other hand, you follow a dogma that is very strict in practice and tradition. It is reasonable that the same dogma that you follow is what my parents follow which is the Hebrew Bible among other names.

The other part I have not mentioned is what do you for work and your hobbies? How do you spend your time? I have found most religious people are high school educated and spend most of their time talking about God rather than doing calculations. And I have seen this many times growing up. People gather in the church and talk about God in ways that are to the scientist impossible to predict. What heaven is like is a great example. I must have heard 100 different versions.

Abiogenesis in a similar sense has 100 versions as well as it is theory built from many smaller theories. I used a synonym earlier called chemical evolution because that is the mechanism. Which brings me to my question: What exactly about the theory seems like nonsense? To talk it further, why is it unreasonable we evoloved from apes? Without using God or the Bible as a reason, tell me why these are false.

life (living systems) are the most complex and interdependent systems known to man light years ahead of anything man has ever made.
(interdependent means all systems have to me in place at the same time or the system crashes. we are talking about the 'simple cell here)
maybe most importantly its an information system. DNA is a language. A four bit? (quaternary) language that builds a specific body plan.
And nobody has the foggiest idea how the most complex language known to man comes out of some kind of random process.
even after it gets started if given aboigenesis for free (chemical evolution). for evolution "macro" it is necessary for that random process to produce viable information changes.
for this to work the solution offered is deep time. remember the scientific process observable testable repeatable ? is deep time even 'scientific?

the sweetheart of abiogenesis "was" the RNA world hypothesis but that paper has been retracted.

if a person doenst/cant believe this stuff is the product of some kind of random accidental process could you really blame them?
DNA could store all of the world's data in one room
https://www.science.org/content/article/dna-could-store-all-worlds-data-one-room
Gold: 44.81
Warn: 40%
Mar 9 2023 05:18am
This post is a violation of the site rules and appropriate action was taken.

Quote (TiStuff @ Mar 9 2023 01:54am)
first order of business, where did you get this idea? "The Bible calls for you folks to convert me"

ya i suppose the bible is crap if you dont understand it. but isnt that how everything works?

at this moment your the strongest argument, witness your fallen condition. :)

Your best argument for the existence of God is that people are fallen ? Lol

There's zero chance your iq is over 90
Mar 9 2023 05:36am
Quote (death_knight @ Mar 8 2023 10:04pm)

Thee Are thousands of denominations of christianity

The whole thing is a joke

Dont bother arguing with theists

Just ask for their most convincing evidence that Jesus is real as our lord and savior

Then laugh at the answer

Dude I just asked said the fact I'm "fallen" is the best evidence

In other words, he has no evidence

That which can be asserted without evidence can be discarded on the same grounds
Mar 9 2023 06:11am
Quote (hoipolloi @ Mar 9 2023 03:18am)
Your best argument for the existence of God is that people are fallen ? Lol

There's zero chance your iq is over 90

you misunderstand the whole of the context

Quote (hoipolloi @ Mar 9 2023 03:36am)
Thee Are thousands of denominations of christianity

The whole thing is a joke

Dont bother arguing with theists

Just ask for their most convincing evidence that Jesus is real as our lord and savior

Then laugh at the answer

Dude I just asked said the fact I'm "fallen" is the best evidence

In other words, he has no evidence

That which can be asserted without evidence can be discarded on the same grounds

ear wiggler got the answer he needed to hear.
Mar 9 2023 06:40am
This post is a violation of the site rules and appropriate action was taken.

Quote (TiStuff @ Mar 9 2023 06:11am)
you misunderstand the whole of the context

ear wiggler got the answer he needed to hear.

I don't misunderstand

You have an irrational belief , wholly unsupported by evidence

You are delusional, and you have a low iq
Mar 9 2023 07:12am
some people believe they are from a monkey because they act like a monkey
Gold: 53.69
Mar 9 2023 09:23am
Quote (TiStuff @ Mar 9 2023 08:12am)
some people believe they are from a monkey because they act like a monkey

Some believe a magical man ceeated the universe but can't come up with a decent explanation on how the magical himself was created.
Go Back To General Chat Topic List
Prev1334335336337338541Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll