d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat >
Poll > How To Get To Heaven When You Die
Prev1268269270271272541Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 0.69
Warn: 10%
Apr 5 2022 04:28pm
Quote (death_knight @ Apr 4 2022 10:17pm)
I thought the original debate was does God exist? Frankly the only source you present is the Bible and I'm not going to waste time finding faults from what is my interpretation against what is your interpretation of translations. The bible as I have studied does not present arguments rather it is a diction of events. Inherently it will be very difficult for me to reason with science against something that largely discards the scientific method.

I will humour you to show your logic is poor: What proof is there that the great flood was from God and not natural geologic processes? To win this argument you must prove it WAS God and it WAS NOT natural. It is very important that you disprove hundreds of years of geologic study before any argument without equal evidence (to be weighted) is to be considered.

this is possibly the most correct you have been on anything. yes, the scriptures are historical documents.

global flood was mentioned in scripture before the massive sedimentary layering found world wide was ever discovered. the material is also sorted as we have seen in water current experiments. the idea that the sedimentary layering is due to a deep time process is absurd. no disturbance in the deposits or between layers and fossils only form with rapid burial.

i have already proved the living systems are supernatural and that wont change till science can prove life is a result from some kind of accidental naturalistic process (why do you think they are now saying "the aliens did it?"). the place is supernatural by definition. not by scripture definition not by my definition but but the dictionary definition and there is no way around that one.

su·per·nat·u·ral
/ˌso͞opərˈnaCH(ə)rəl/
Learn to pronounce
adjective
adjective: supernatural

(of a manifestation or event) attributed to some force beyond scientific understanding or the laws of nature
Gold: Locked
Warn: 80%
Apr 5 2022 05:29pm
Quote (TiStuff @ 5 Apr 2022 16:28)
this is possibly the most correct you have been on anything. yes, the scriptures are historical documents.

global flood was mentioned in scripture before the massive sedimentary layering found world wide was ever discovered. the material is also sorted as we have seen in water current experiments. the idea that the sedimentary layering is due to a deep time process is absurd. no disturbance in the deposits or between layers and fossils only form with rapid burial.

i have already proved the living systems are supernatural and that wont change till science can prove life is a result from some kind of accidental naturalistic process (why do you think they are now saying "the aliens did it?"). the place is supernatural by definition. not by scripture definition not by my definition but but the dictionary definition and there is no way around that one.

su·per·nat·u·ral
/ˌso͞opərˈnaCH(ə)rəl/
Learn to pronounce
adjective
adjective: supernatural

(of a manifestation or event) attributed to some force beyond scientific understanding or the laws of nature

First, several religions make claims of calamity such as global floods. Second, if I make a story about aliens coming to earth then in 1000 years they come to earth, according to you I predicted aliens coming to earth! (false logic). Third, what source are you claiming is absurd about sediment and what source do you present that supercedes it? Fourth, you have claimed humans are supernatural and proved nothing to the point other than opinion.

You are talking to an engineering student. Try to make an actual case this time instead of a one paragraph opinion based solely on conjecture!

Gold: Locked
Warn: 80%
Apr 5 2022 05:47pm
Furthermore supernatural is referring to anything that cannot be explained by science. Notice the term attributed - this is an application of thought not necessarily an observation. You are bastardizing the term. Example: before wind was discovered to be fluids moving, it is wrong to say it is supernatural because this implies all scientists have agreed wind does not fall within physical phenomena! You cannot call something supernatural when if you have not went through the rigor of experimenting. Ghosts are example of supernatural because massive studies have went into finding ghosts and turning up nothing quantifiable. Know the difference!
Gold: 232.69
Apr 5 2022 06:07pm
Quote (death_knight @ 5 Apr 2022 19:47)
Furthermore supernatural is referring to anything that cannot be explained by science. Notice the term attributed - this is an application of thought not necessarily an observation. You are bastardizing the term. Example: before wind was discovered to be fluids moving, it is wrong to say it is supernatural because this implies all scientists have agreed wind does not fall within physical phenomena! You cannot call something supernatural when if you have not went through the rigor of experimenting. Ghosts are example of supernatural because massive studies have went into finding ghosts and turning up nothing quantifiable. Know the difference!

:banana:
Gold: 15,420.69
Apr 5 2022 06:13pm
Page after page of tldr's
Gold: 186.16
Apr 5 2022 07:29pm
Eph 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them. {ordained: or, prepared}
Gold: 14,158.00
Apr 5 2022 07:45pm
It's the fucking apocalypse almost and here we are talking about Jesus on an internet forum which will only exist for maybe a few more years before society collapses

Remember guys when the shit is hitting the fan, there's no power and you can't shitpost on d2jsp for comfort, and you're huddling in fear awaiting your final moments, remember the good times we had together.

And hopefully you have accepted Jesus H CHRIST into your hearts.
Gold: 0.69
Warn: 10%
Apr 7 2022 12:36pm
Quote (death_knight @ Apr 5 2022 04:29pm)
First, several religions make claims of calamity such as global floods. Second, if I make a story about aliens coming to earth then in 1000 years they come to earth, according to you I predicted aliens coming to earth! (false logic). Third, what source are you claiming is absurd about sediment and what source do you present that supercedes it? Fourth, you have claimed humans are supernatural and proved nothing to the point other than opinion.

You are talking to an engineering student. Try to make an actual case this time instead of a one paragraph opinion based solely on conjecture!

"First, several religions make claims of calamity such as global floods."
(yes, so many flood legends. makes one wonder why?)

"Second, if I make a story about aliens coming to earth then in 1000 years they come to earth, according to you I predicted aliens coming to earth! (false logic)."
(if you also made a multitude of other predictions that came true yes people would take notice)

"Third, what source are you claiming is absurd about sediment and what source do you present that supercedes it? "
Experiments on Stratification Show Sedimentary Layers Are Not Age Layers 13:51
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwKGAbSEFD8&t=38s

"Fourth, you have claimed humans are supernatural and proved nothing to the point other than opinion."
(thats false, man has not solved abiogenesis and have not provided a mechanism that show how any random process can produce viable information and I posted the definition of "supernatural". so definitely not "opinion".)

"You are talking to an engineering student. Try to make an actual case this time instead of a one paragraph opinion based solely on conjecture!"
(enjoy the scientific experiment I linked)

Quote (death_knight @ Apr 5 2022 04:47pm)

science hasnt the foggiest idea how some king of natural random process could result in life. the progression of science has been cruel to the atheist/antitheist and thats why they have moved the argument to "panspermia" and "the aliens did it"
Gold: 32,639.69
Apr 7 2022 12:43pm
I read every page
Gold: 26,820.55
Apr 7 2022 01:30pm
Is there like a back door i can sneak in?
Go Back To General Chat Topic List
Prev1268269270271272541Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll