d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat >
Poll > How To Get To Heaven When You Die
Prev1261262263264265541Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 0.69
Mar 22 2022 04:02pm
Quote (CPK001 @ Mar 22 2022 04:56pm)
Are you truly satisfied with your life? How close are you to reaching your quest for ultimate satisfaction? No doubt you've said "If I just had this one thing then my life would be complete." However, even if you were to get that thing then you wouldn't be completely satisfied.

Why are you here in this particular forum and this particular thread? Are you hoping that one day you will find an epic post that will change your life forever? Are you bored and need to find some entertainment? What is your purpose in life? Is there not more to life than just the here and now?

Whoa it's CPK001
Warn: 10%
Mar 22 2022 05:02pm
Quote (lolkggz @ Mar 22 2022 10:40am)
Do you follow both the old and new testament?

you make an argument with out knowing your argument?
Mar 22 2022 05:06pm
Quote (lolkggz @ Mar 22 2022 11:02am)
No need to "riddle me this" on mass genocide.
It's pretty cut and dry.

Quote (DaJockaz @ Mar 22 2022 11:04am)
if God exists, he's a fking maniac let's be honest here

history has shown lefties have little concern for life other than their own. God does pass judgement and that is what they are really griping about

This post was edited by TiStuff on Mar 22 2022 05:08pm
Gold: 32,639.69
Mar 22 2022 05:51pm
Quote (TiStuff @ Mar 22 2022 06:06pm)
history has shownlefties have little concern for life other than their own. God does pass judgement and that is what they are really griping about

I'm pretty right leaning, I live in a state that's as red as it gets.
Even voted red consecutively.
It's a shame the right is so hung up on religion, they'd be better off without it.

So unfortunately, you're wrong. Which isn't surprising by any stretch of the imagination.

This post was edited by lolkggz on Mar 22 2022 05:54pm
Gold: 15,420.69
Mar 22 2022 05:58pm
Lotta nanners on page 35. Juat sayin.
Gold: Locked
Warn: 80%
Mar 22 2022 08:10pm
Quote (CPK001 @ 22 Mar 2022 15:56)
Are you truly satisfied with your life? How close are you to reaching your quest for ultimate satisfaction? No doubt you've said "If I just had this one thing then my life would be complete." However, even if you were to get that thing then you wouldn't be completely satisfied.

Why are you here in this particular forum and this particular thread? Are you hoping that one day you will find an epic post that will change your life forever? Are you bored and need to find some entertainment? What is your purpose in life? Is there not more to life than just the here and now?

I do not consider satisfaction a goal of my life rather it is a luxury. My single greatest goal is to "die with honour". To put in my own words this means to live with purity knowing I tried my best and did not waver on my morals when it was convenient to do so or by duress. To answer more appropriately, yes I am content with my life despite it can welcome vast improvement. All my life I have had a full belly, a roof over my head and living in a place where freedom is highly valued. The same cannot be said for many humans and even more so to the animal kingdom. Many creatures are desperate for a drink of water at this very moment and will die because they cannot find it. By comparison I live a life of extreme leisure and only have to work a few hours a day to forfill my base needs. You have put this question to me before and my reply is the same. God does not fit into this equation because he is not part of it. It's a silly thought to think God gives me water yet countless creates die of thirst etc. because it's his "will". I am not a materialistic person and I accept my own mortality. I would much rather "smell the roses" as opposed to chasing answers to questions not likely to be found nor will I be slave to a dictator or deity who lord's over me purely by coercion. Nature is inherently without moral or devine purpose. It is folly to apply characteristics to nature only to satisfy our own sense of importance.

To answer your other question, no I do not expect to stumble upon "the answer". I do not go about my day looking for signs, praying, chanting or rituals. As long as my base needs are forfilled (food, water, shelter) I feel fortunate to simple enjoy myself. Clouding harmless enjoyment by some "higher purpose" ordained by God couldn't be more backwards to the apparent truth that is my reality.
Gold: Locked
Warn: 80%
Mar 22 2022 08:37pm
I also post in this topic because I feel what you folks are are doing is no different than political propaganda but of a religious nature. You folks (on the basis of limited and unaccessible information) tell people what to think, what to do and what will happen if they don't do it. You do not offer an alternative and work very hard to drive your points home. This fits the definition of propaganda. In fact many people have died at the hands of Christians for refusing to follow your order. This is a massive point that is never given it's due credit in debates such as these. I make my posts so that the poor bastard who reads your nonsense may also read mine and discover they do not have to limit themselves to an antiquated school of thought and do not have to willingly submit themselves to any form of mental or physical control. Religion really is about control despite what you can say. It's purpose is to put into action what one man or men think is the "mind" of God.
Gold: 291.00
Mar 22 2022 10:40pm
Quote (death_knight @ Mar 22 2022 07:37pm)
I also post in this topic because I feel what you folks are are doing is no different than political propaganda but of a religious nature. You folks (on the basis of limited and unaccessible information) tell people what to think, what to do and what will happen if they don't do it. You do not offer an alternative and work very hard to drive your points home. This fits the definition of propaganda. In fact many people have died at the hands of Christians for refusing to follow your order. This is a massive point that is never given it's due credit in debates such as these. I make my posts so that the poor bastard who reads your nonsense may also read mine and discover they do not have to limit themselves to an antiquated school of thought and do not have to willingly submit themselves to any form of mental or physical control. Religion really is about control despite what you can say. It's purpose is to put into action what one man or men think is the "mind" of God.

Well, in my experience Jesus giving someone eternal salvation is the opposite of control
Mar 23 2022 08:03am
Quote (lolkggz @ Mar 22 2022 04:51pm)
I'm pretty right leaning, I live in a state that's as red as it gets.
Even voted red consecutively.
It's a shame the right is so hung up on religion, they'd be better off without it.

So unfortunately, you're wrong. Which isn't surprising by any stretch of the imagination.

the argument still holds. God passes judgement and thats what really bothers you. BTW when do you back up your scripture arguments with scripture? we just supposed to take your word for it. ..............
Gold: 32,639.69
Mar 23 2022 08:15am
Quote (TiStuff @ Mar 23 2022 09:03am)
the argument still holds. God passes judgement and thats what really bothers you. BTW when do you back up your scripture arguments with scripture? we just supposed to take your word for it. ..............

Approximately 1 million Ethiopians, including women and children, the largest god assisted massacre in the bible.
So the LORD smote the Ethiopians ... they were destroyed before the LORD. 2 Chronicles 14.12-13

3 Chronicles 15b-17
Here's 500,00 Jews.
And Abijah and his people slew them with a great slaughter: so there fell down slain of Israel five hundred thousand chosen men. Israel fled before Judah: and God delivered them into their hand.

We can go on and on would you like me to?
Go Back To General Chat Topic List
Prev1261262263264265541Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll