d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat >
Poll > How To Get To Heaven When You Die
Prev1257258259260261541Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 0.69
Warn: 10%
Mar 18 2022 02:58am
Quote (death_knight @ Mar 17 2022 03:10pm)
Well I don't think seared conscience is a real thing. I consider it to be a method to deflect my statement. To humour you, I have never been close to God so how can I have a seared conscious? It's an invalid statement that does not apply to the reality I have experienced my whole life. If God was to approach me in the slightest degree that I'm certain of, I would inquire further. Furthermore, I believe humans have the capability to find meaning when there is none. Sin is an example of this. Sin is an umbrella term for any action one person somewhat arbitrarily desiginates as so compared to some standard, though the reality is this standard is inherently non existent in the animal kingdom. I believe humans have "invented" concepts such as sin, morality, justice and equality as a result of action NOT a precursor (innate) as a result of social evolution (and language). In contrast to the above statements, mathematics is the only method available to me to conclude on my physical reality and the undeniable result that I have obtained is that God does not exist OR if he does exist, he is beyond our scope of comprehension. It boils down to conjecture just as it is conjecture to speculate if there is Martians on Mars. They may be or they may not be, both are possible however we (I) lack the information. I for one refuse to base my life on things that are centered on speculation and conjecture.

you do realize the cherry picking you had to do to avoid the message i was trying to share?

lets try something else? it is actually related to my experience i was trying to share
you said "why have I (Mark) not experienced "him" in any way?"
(why even say that?)

perhaps God is approaching you even now with the message "seek and ye shal find"
remember this i said?
" I suggest reading some scripture and try to find its true meaning. read the new testament start with gospels also find some one that preaches good sermons and listen to one once in a while. also check youtube for christian sites. william lane craig is very popular."

consider your reply again. to me it looks of excuses more than anything else.
Gold: 32,639.69
Mar 18 2022 07:48am
Too long, didn't read.
Gold: Locked
Warn: 80%
Mar 18 2022 06:27pm
Quote (TiStuff @ 18 Mar 2022 02:58)
you do realize the cherry picking you had to do to avoid the message i was trying to share?

lets try something else? it is actually related to my experience i was trying to share
(why even say that?)

perhaps God is approaching you even now with the message "seek and ye shal find"
remember this i said?
" I suggest reading some scripture and try to find its true meaning. read the new testament start with gospels also find some one that preaches good sermons and listen to one once in a while. also check youtube for christian sites. william lane craig is very popular."

After reading my paragraph I did indeed cherry pick. See how easy it is to use strong words to support ANY argument? None the less I made some excellent points that require a rebuttal as they are valid in my eyes. In response to your recent reply as quoted above: I have no intention whatsoever to pick up your holy books. I have already spent so much time getting nowhere with it that I refuse to dwell on it further. Certainly this can qualify as seared conscious though I don't think it does because I have made the legitimate effort countless times. Building on this point, I spend my time researching the theology and philosophies of things I have absorbed merit from. Mainly vegan is one of these philosophies which is an absolute requirement for my life and is so for anyone I really want to get it know. Just as you have christian bias, I have vegan bias. The difference is in the end result. Frankly I don't see how I'm sinning by only commibited acts of "sin" via my mind. I don't: hurt, kill, steal, cheat etc. so I don't even find your classical definitions of sin. If you are to turn around and say God says this or God says that is invalid because I made a strong effort to live with purity while many Christians like yourself eat meat and have no issue with it. In fact I know one christian who eats meat but feels guilty about it. What hypocrisy! As I've said before, I do not subscribe to any thought process other than my own and the one I have is based in simplicity which is this: Treat the planet with respect by not inflicted any sort of pain or destruction upon in. Naturally this statement extends to animals and then so humans.

Understand?
Mar 18 2022 07:33pm
Quote (death_knight @ Mar 18 2022 05:27pm)
After reading my paragraph I did indeed cherry pick. See how easy it is to use strong words to support ANY argument? None the less I made some excellent points that require a rebuttal as they are valid in my eyes. In response to your recent reply as quoted above: I have no intention whatsoever to pick up your holy books. I have already spent so much time getting nowhere with it that I refuse to dwell on it further. Certainly this can qualify as seared conscious though I don't think it does because I have made the legitimate effort countless times. Building on this point, I spend my time researching the theology and philosophies of things I have absorbed merit from. Mainly vegan is one of these philosophies which is an absolute requirement for my life and is so for anyone I really want to get it know. Just as you have christian bias, I have vegan bias. The difference is in the end result. Frankly I don't see how I'm sinning by only commibited acts of "sin" via my mind. I don't: hurt, kill, steal, cheat etc. so I don't even find your classical definitions of sin. If you are to turn around and say God says this or God says that is invalid because I made a strong effort to live with purity while many Christians like yourself eat meat and have no issue with it. In fact I know one christian who eats meat but feels guilty about it. What hypocrisy! As I've said before, I do not subscribe to any thought process other than my own and the one I have is based in simplicity which is this: Treat the planet with respect by not inflicted any sort of pain or destruction upon in. Naturally this statement extends to animals and then so humans.

Understand?

" I have already spent so much time getting nowhere with it "
(i have heard such claims multitudes of times. when I put it to the test they fail 100% . 100% thats unbelievable in my eyes. how is it possible? a 100% failure rate?)
(there was a time where i offered a challenge to any one. it was "show me science that disproves scripture" since then I have made the challenge even easier? "show me any science that troubles scripture")

I have moved aside your red herrings and I am challenging your claim " I have already spent so much time getting nowhere with it "

also
"Understand?"
it appears to me you use your vegan status to position your self on high? perhaps your own godhood? is their none that can challenge you?
Gold: 2,082.13
Mar 18 2022 10:53pm
TiStuff spends too much time on bitchute, fried his brain
Gold: Locked
Warn: 80%
Mar 20 2022 03:02pm
Quote (TiStuff @ 18 Mar 2022 19:33)
" I have already spent so much time getting nowhere with it "
(i have heard such claims multitudes of times. when I put it to the test they fail 100% . 100% thats unbelievable in my eyes. how is it possible? a 100% failure rate?)
(there was a time where i offered a challenge to any one. it was "show me science that disproves scripture" since then I have made the challenge even easier? "show me any science that troubles scripture")

I have moved aside your red herrings and I am challenging your claim " I have already spent so much time getting nowhere with it "

also
"Understand?"
it appears to me you use your vegan status to position your self on high? perhaps your own godhood? is their none that can challenge you?

So your only proof of God is in your holy book? And if I refuse to read it then I am apparently doomed? Think of it this way, if I calculate 2+2= 4 then I move on to heavier math. However if I compute 2+2=5 which is clearly not the case, why would I spend more time crunching numbers to prove 2+2=5? It is folly as I already know the answer revolves to 4. I think we have reached a barrier because I say "Show me God without the bible" and you say "to find God open the bible". We both have many reasons to support our way of thought yet the opposition is invalid due to prejudice. The point I'm trying to make is you are content on what your religion says while for me, it's endless circles of confusion and conjecture and your only recourse is to tell me to research further into 2+2=5. To this end I say to hell with all religion! Which leads me to my second point, veganism. While some may classify vegan as a status, I do not. To me it is a way of life as a result of what I think is the best way to live (not harming anything). If you wish to reduce ourselves to comparison then yes I am better in some ways because I do not participate in the widespread usery of animals AND I do it for no cause other than the health and longevity of these animals. Animals are dear to me just as your parents are dear to you. I see no difference between a human and a moose or a human and a bacteria, we were all born into this life without choice. If you construe this to be godlike or a superiority, then it is only proof of your own ignorance. Furthermore, I don't go around telling people how to be vegan. In contrast Christians make it their life effort to spread the word of God. In the resulting actions I would say it is the Christians who present a superiority complex for they say I'm living my life wrong! We will never see eye to eye on these issues until we perfom an analysis of our own lives without bias. I'm trying very hard to step inside your shoes, are you trying for me?
Mar 22 2022 10:05am
Quote (death_knight @ Mar 20 2022 02:02pm)
So your only proof of God is in your holy book? And if I refuse to read it then I am apparently doomed? Think of it this way, if I calculate 2+2= 4 then I move on to heavier math. However if I compute 2+2=5 which is clearly not the case, why would I spend more time crunching numbers to prove 2+2=5? It is folly as I already know the answer revolves to 4. I think we have reached a barrier because I say "Show me God without the bible" and you say "to find God open the bible". We both have many reasons to support our way of thought yet the opposition is invalid due to prejudice. The point I'm trying to make is you are content on what your religion says while for me, it's endless circles of confusion and conjecture and your only recourse is to tell me to research further into 2+2=5. To this end I say to hell with all religion! Which leads me to my second point, veganism. While some may classify vegan as a status, I do not. To me it is a way of life as a result of what I think is the best way to live (not harming anything). If you wish to reduce ourselves to comparison then yes I am better in some ways because I do not participate in the widespread usery of animals AND I do it for no cause other than the health and longevity of these animals. Animals are dear to me just as your parents are dear to you. I see no difference between a human and a moose or a human and a bacteria, we were all born into this life without choice. If you construe this to be godlike or a superiority, then it is only proof of your own ignorance. Furthermore, I don't go around telling people how to be vegan. In contrast Christians make it their life effort to spread the word of God. In the resulting actions I would say it is the Christians who present a superiority complex for they say I'm living my life wrong! We will never see eye to eye on these issues until we perfom an analysis of our own lives without bias. I'm trying very hard to step inside your shoes, are you trying for me?

thats rather convenient dont you think. to make the demand that the bible must be excluded? when and where do you draw the line excluding things instead of contesting with them?

perhaps we need a starting point? lets start with this remark you made.
"... I see no difference between a human and a moose or a human and a bacteria..."
i suppose one could take this view if one believed in evolution "macro" aka "monkey to man" aka "goo to the zoo to you"
that the whole thing/place is one big giant random accident?
is this what you believe?
Gold: 80,771.69
Mar 22 2022 10:35am
Quote (lolkggz @ Mar 18 2022 05:48am)
Too long, didn't read.

Quote (TiStuff @ Mar 18 2022 12:58am)

(why even say that?)

remember this i said?

Quote (death_knight @ Mar 20 2022 01:02pm)

Revelation 3:5
Jesus:
“He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life,
but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.”

Pray & unwind:

This post was edited by lodd222 on Mar 22 2022 10:51am
Gold: 32,639.69
Mar 22 2022 10:47am
Thanks, but no thanks.
Banned
Gold: 1,338.00
Warn: 40%
Mar 22 2022 10:51am
just be a good person please
Go Back To General Chat Topic List