d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat >
Poll > How To Get To Heaven When You Die
Prev1253254255256257541Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 0.69
Warn: 10%
Mar 13 2022 03:16pm
Quote (CrackerSJ @ Mar 13 2022 09:11am)
I believe in myself and my family.
The Bible has some great morals to follow.
But you don't need a book to tell you how to be good.
Although it does give many purpose and fulfillment.

remember the conversation we had and it was evident you did not know any of the scripture?
are you sure your "good"? by what metric do you judge yourself? how many times have you had to adjust the bar?

This post was edited by TiStuff on Mar 13 2022 03:17pm
Gold: 67,069.69
Trader: Trusted
Mar 13 2022 03:23pm
Quote (TiStuff @ 13 Mar 2022 17:16)
remember the conversation we had and it was evident you did not know any of the scripture?
are you sure your "good"? by what metric? how many times have you had to adjust the bar?

I haven't "adjusted" in about 4 years. I'm all around a different person than I was then. I may not know the Bible like the back of my hand but I know enough to be remembered for being caring and someone people can turn to outside of this forum. The philosophical debate behind being "good" according to the scripture is not for this forum and our worldviews are so vastly different that there's no way we'd come to a conclusion.
Mar 13 2022 03:31pm
Quote (CrackerSJ @ Mar 13 2022 02:23pm)
I haven't "adjusted" in about 4 years. I'm all around a different person than I was then. I may not know the Bible like the back of my hand but I know enough to be remembered for being caring and someone people can turn to outside of this forum. The philosophical debate behind being "good" according to the scripture is not for this forum and our worldviews are so vastly different that there's no way we'd come to a conclusion.

there was a time you where not "good" and now you have forgiven yourself?

there was a time when i viewed my self as "good" before I was a christian. do you know what it means "conviction of sin"?

i do not ask for an argument or a "conclusion" i think that would actually be impossible.
i just ask that you consider what i am saying.
Gold: 67,069.69
Trader: Trusted
Mar 13 2022 04:11pm
Quote (TiStuff @ 13 Mar 2022 17:31)
there was a time you where not "good" and now you have forgiven yourself?

there was a time when i viewed my self as "good" before I was a christian. do you know what it means "conviction of sin"?

i do not ask for an argument or a "conclusion" i think that would actually be impossible.
i just ask that you consider what i am saying.

I always consider what you say TiS. I take it to heart. I know you mean well to an extreme degree.
And no arguments. Civil debates.
Based on this https://www.gotquestions.org/conviction-of-sin.html I do not feel conviction of sin.
This is due to the absence of acceptance. I am a sinner in His eyes and I always will be until I accept.
But as of this moment in my life, I am not ready. Maybe one day. But I am well aware of all my good and bad deeds and what they could possibly mean to me, others, and the divine but there is no conviction of sin within me.
Gold: Locked
Warn: 80%
Mar 13 2022 04:20pm
Ok I'd like to debate this: If a supreme being exists (God), why have I (Mark) not experienced "him" in any way? Everything that was plausibly God or a "spirit", I have explained the phenomena rationally.

Mar 13 2022 05:52pm
Quote (CrackerSJ @ Mar 13 2022 03:11pm)
I always consider what you say TiS. I take it to heart. I know you mean well to an extreme degree.
And no arguments. Civil debates.
Based on this https://www.gotquestions.org/conviction-of-sin.html I do not feel conviction of sin.
This is due to the absence of acceptance. I am a sinner in His eyes and I always will be until I accept.
But as of this moment in my life, I am not ready. Maybe one day. But I am well aware of all my good and bad deeds and what they could possibly mean to me, others, and the divine but there is no conviction of sin within me.

ty, give me some time to look through your link :)

Quote (death_knight @ Mar 13 2022 03:20pm)
Ok I'd like to debate this: If a supreme being exists (God), why have I (Mark) not experienced "him" in any way? Everything that was plausibly God or a "spirit", I have explained the phenomena rationally.

could you explain that or give an example

Gold: 281.64
Mar 13 2022 05:55pm
Quote (death_knight @ 13 Mar 2022 15:20)

You worship Bitchute like a false idol.
Gold: Locked
Warn: 80%
Mar 13 2022 05:56pm
Quote (TiStuff @ 13 Mar 2022 17:52)
ty, give me some time to look through your link :)

could you explain that or give an example

I'm referring to sounds or "visions" others claim to have witnessed. A door slamming shut by itself is a good example. One could say it was an evil spirit or one could say it is the wind. What seems likely? See my point?
Mar 13 2022 06:13pm
Quote (Cascadian @ Mar 13 2022 04:55pm)
You worship Bitchute like a false idol.

bitchute is a tool like your a tool

Quote (death_knight @ Mar 13 2022 04:56pm)
I'm referring to sounds or "visions" others claim to have witnessed. A door slamming shut by itself is a good example. One could say it was an evil spirit or one could say it is the wind. What seems likely? See my point?

how about other things like being delivered from addiction? i used to be an alcoholic, my condition was hope less. stood up from prayer still believing it was hopeless when a feeling over came my whole body. my hangover was over in an instant and havent had a drop to drink since, that was about 6 years ago and i still can hardly believe it. have you ever looked at my stuff in the science platform?
Gold: 186.16
Mar 13 2022 06:21pm
Quote (death_knight @ Mar 13 2022 05:20pm)

Have you read the Bible with an open heart to God, willing to believe if God reveals Himself to you? Try that and pray to God. Say "If You will reveal yourself to me, I am willing to believe in You and serve you from now on." God knows your heart and if you really mean it, I believe God will show up. That's how I would approach it.
Go Back To General Chat Topic List
Prev1253254255256257541Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll