d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat >
Poll > How To Get To Heaven When You Die
Prev1196197198199200541Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 10,565.00
Aug 9 2021 08:39am
Quote (CPK001 @ 9 Aug 2021 02:02)
I myself haven't had any supernatural experience either. Yet I still believe.

I should ask though, have you done any research on this? What aspect of life do you aspire to?

How did you come to this conclusion?

On top of that, what you are saying is that there is no judgement after death. There is no accountability for your actions.

If you truly believe that then why aren't you going on a murderous rampage if there is no ultimate judgement for your actions? I mean, by that logic this life is completely and utterly meaningless and it's all about chasing after the things of this world.

So you're saying because i dont believe in your god, i must be a murderer. that i lack self control or have a conscious mind. Typical response of someone who follows a cult.
Gold: 952.95
Warn: 90%
Aug 9 2021 08:50am
Quote (Tommym25 @ Aug 9 2021 10:39am)
So you're saying because i dont believe in your god, i must be a murderer. that i lack self control or have a conscious mind. Typical response of someone who follows a cult.

where all murderers
god is dead
Gold: 10,565.00
Aug 9 2021 09:02am
Quote (Zirux13 @ 9 Aug 2021 09:50)
where all murderers
god is dead

you cant say that, you might go to "Hell" xD
Aug 9 2021 09:15am
Quote (Tommym25 @ Aug 9 2021 11:02am)
you cant say that, you might go to "Hell" xD

Though wise men at their end know dark is right
Because their words had forked no lightning they
do not go gentle into that good night
Gold: 0.00
Aug 9 2021 04:59pm
Quote (death_knight @ Aug 10 2021 12:36am)
Research on what? Supernatural experience? Sure but I classify it as suedo science because by definition it's phenomena that is either impossible to measure or exclusive to the person so I fear that any study is an exercise in folly and more often than not people attribute spiritual experience to trivial feelings or witnessing of physics (door opened by itself! Ghosts!) where they lack understanding which is not necessarily their fault just ignorance to the construct of reality.. if anything I think God as you see it is more like an operating system running everything in the background because it boggles my mind an all powerful entity could have existed forever. I think it's far more likely the universe is infinite in past and future and again a deity is not a prerequisite for the world I live in.

You mentioned judgement after death, oddly I have had several believers of different faith reference this as some need for God to judge. I am vegan primarily because I don't want to kill anything then find out it was wrong. I would rather just "play it safe", and a belief in a deity is not required to life a moral life. I consider it a sin to think I MUST subscribe to a doctrine before I able to be a "good person".

I've said it before.. I believe life to be simple and pure, with good and evil easily discernable to all. Religion it seems only serve to cloud and corrupt what is already pure and true (Nature). This is why I say I live my life by reality because that's all I need to life morally, God doesn't fit into my equation in the least.

I see. The concept of God existing since the beginning is beyond your imagination. It surely is mind boggling isn't it? That is the very first thing we read in The Bible in Genesis 1:1 "In the beginning God created the Heavens and the Earth."

We also read the same thing in the book of John 1:1-2 "In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning."

Jesus himself says that he is the Beginning and the End. Revelation 22:13 "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End."

Three different books from very different periods in time yet they all say the same thing. It all fits together. As you said before, that is...mind boggling.

Quote (Tommym25 @ Aug 10 2021 12:39am)

Where does your self control or conscious mind originate? God created mankind in his own image which means we are in relationship with our creator and our fellow creatures.

Genesis 1:26-27 Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

So God created mankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them.

Since we were created in his own image and a big part of that is relational. Therefore we can co-exist and cooperate amongst one another. A simple example is a large gathering at a concert or at the Superbowl game. There is order even in that. Try doing that with any kind of animal and see how long the order lasts.

That is why you don't go around murdering everyone. That is why you have self control and a conscious mind. It is built in your design in God's image.

From your point of view everything I just said is wrong because I quoted The Bible. If that's the case then you had better come up with another explanation. The ball is in your court.
Aug 9 2021 07:21pm
Quote (CPK001 @ Aug 9 2021 06:59pm)
Texte

What irl event made you choose faith in god rather than any other belief?
Gold: Locked
Warn: 80%
Aug 9 2021 09:14pm
Quote (CPK001 @ 9 Aug 2021 16:59)
I see. The concept of God existing since the beginning is beyond your imagination. It surely is mind boggling isn't it? That is the very first thing we read in The Bible in Genesis 1:1 "In the beginning God created the Heavens and the Earth."

We also read the same thing in the book of John 1:1-2 "In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning."

Jesus himself says that he is the Beginning and the End. Revelation 22:13 "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End."

Three different books from very different periods in time yet they all say the same thing. It all fits together. As you said before, that is...mind boggling.

Where does your self control or conscious mind originate? God created mankind in his own image which means we are in relationship with our creator and our fellow creatures.

Genesis 1:26-27 Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

So God created mankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them.

Since we were created in his own image and a big part of that is relational. Therefore we can co-exist and cooperate amongst one another. A simple example is a large gathering at a concert or at the Superbowl game. There is order even in that. Try doing that with any kind of animal and see how long the order lasts.

That is why you don't go around murdering everyone. That is why you have self control and a conscious mind. It is built in your design in God's image.

From your point of view everything I just said is wrong because I quoted The Bible. If that's the case then you had better come up with another explanation. The ball is in your court.

I wouldn't said it's beyond my imagination that God always existed it's just an invalid logic just like it's invalid logic to think the big Bang just started out of the blue.. both states break down from an analytical approach... How can a being exist forever with complete control and how can the universe just decide to happen one day. It's a matter of speculation and it's there I draw the line. The answer is beyond comprehension despite what's written and "known" by men. I am of the opinion the universe existed forever and a creator may very well be possible.. it's equally possible that there is no creator which goes back to the same logic.. pondering this phenomenon is purely imaginative at this point and the hard truth is there are many doctrines and they all think they are right and all others are wrong. They can't all be right can they? Or can they? Is it so hard to believe that maybe God goes by many names? This is what I mean by complicating life. When I go out my door there is no quantifiable evidence that God is part of reality at all, rather only physics is present and that's where I place my stock. Again I don't deny the possibility of God, I am just neutral and that's the only truly logical approach.
Gold: 10,687.34
Aug 9 2021 09:22pm
death_knight,

Math can be shared without some barriers.

This post was edited by Kyhle on Aug 9 2021 09:23pm
Gold: Locked
Warn: 80%
Aug 9 2021 09:24pm
Quote (Kyhle @ 9 Aug 2021 21:22)
death_knight,

Math can be shared without some barriers.

What?
Gold: 186.16
Aug 9 2021 09:28pm
Quote (Zirux13 @ Aug 9 2021 09:21pm)
What irl event made you choose faith in god rather than any other belief?

Yes please tell us?
Go Back To General Chat Topic List
Prev1196197198199200541Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll