d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat >
Poll > How To Get To Heaven When You Die
Prev1185186187188189541Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 0.69
Jul 2 2021 11:06pm
Quote (death_knight @ Jul 2 2021 09:42pm)
New International Version Genesis

29 Then God said, “I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food.(A) 30 And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds in the sky and all the creatures that move along the ground—everything that has the breath of life(B) in it—I give every green plant for food.(C)” And it was so

"29 Then God said, “I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it."
(not "29" but 2-29)

your scripture is pre flood scripture. things change after the flood, the world is now in a fallen condition.
Genesis 9:3, KJV: "Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things."

(for the record i dont have a problem with people being vegan)

Gold: Locked
Warn: 80%
Jul 3 2021 12:02am
Quote (TiStuff @ 2 Jul 2021 23:06)
"29 Then God said, “I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it."
(not "29" but 2-29)

your scripture is pre flood scripture. things change after the flood, the world is now in a fallen condition.
Genesis 9:3, KJV: "Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things."

Obviously God's intent was plants only, can you elaborate on your reply? Why would God allow killing of animals after the flood but not before other than an additional "test"?
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 10%
Jul 3 2021 12:30am
Quote (TiStuff @ Jul 3 2021 01:06am)
(not "29" but 2-29)

Meat isnt sustainble
You better have no fucking problem with vegans

Gold: 0.00
Jul 3 2021 01:13am
Quote (death_knight @ Jul 3 2021 01:58pm)
I don't have any particular passage of the Bible to argue because again it was written by man. Now while I admit there is a chance it is the word of God, it is evident that is not; by this I mean as how the followers act in regard to the teachings. Now clearly there is false prophecy and those who have simply misunderstood the writings and have become mislead and therefore lost but the fact remains that the word of God should be impermeable if it exists. This paragraph is not an argument but rather an observation that I began at a very young age perhaps 10 years old when I witnessed "mischief" in the church.

As far as research is concerned we must agree that everyones burden of proof is different, in other words you may not believe something as easily as I would. With this in mind we can agree that any fact is actually a collection of smaller facts that support that fact because without that reference the fact becomes psuedo or false reasoning. Building on this, almost any research I could do personally is limited by both my intelligence as well as my means of inquiry (do I have internet? Am I rich? / Can I afford to spend my life properly asking questions?) so most information I collect is what I call "second hand information". This information although likely correct (atoms exist, the north star never moves etc.) is unverifiable to me personally - it would take me a hundred lifetimes to confirm what astronomers already know however the fact remains I have only one lifetime and i am not an astronomy major so I must take it on faith atoms are real.

So while I may seem to have strong opinions regarding religion and science I actually don't because the scope of chemistry, physics, energy and time are so mind boggling the whole word of scientists still know little about basic things like gravity. So if I'm unable to make a rational decision about gravity with with I interact with constantly i feel it be absolutely foolish of me to assuming what happens after my death or the nature of God; two things I have 0% experience with unlike gravity.

I hope this gives some insight into what it means to be agnostic. The logical approach to religion would be to study them each equally and fully but I think that's a waste of life. I have a much simpler ideal which is to enjoy the speck of time we have on this planet instead of searching for reason and purpose which frankly I think don't exist.

I'm going to focus purely on the bold for this one.

I knew that everything that you would say after that sentence would be irrelevant as it is based off a sand like foundation. If we go by your logic then the post that I am reading was also written by man. All the books that you have ever read in your entire life were also written by man.

Even when bots send you automated messages, the message they are coded to send was originally written by man.

If you believe the logical approach to religion is to study them all you still run into your original problem; they were all written by man. You are pretty much saying that all words that are written down are useless.

Have you ever read a book that was written by a cat or a dog? I also don't mean the paw prints. I don't know what life form you expect to write these words down that you will accept them but it must be some kind of life form you have not physically seen as of yet.

I also don't understand your logic why you would then go onto post a Bible verse that, in your own words, was written by man? You don't even believe the very words that you are quoting.
Gold: 1.00
Jul 3 2021 02:13am
Quote (trader @ 11 Jul 2019 00:26)
dude fuck off with these threads

Pretty serious warning when combined with the whole: "FUCK THE NSA" post from months ago.
Jul 3 2021 02:14am
Quote (QcSoHot @ 14 Jul 2019 11:02)
The thread died for our sins

Check my Facebook lately, honey? Amanda.
Jul 3 2021 02:15am
Quote (NetflixAdaptationWidow @ 20 Jul 2019 21:58)
So can I stick it in my wifes booty? You wont answer and we need to know if we can or not.

uw0tm8? NSA needs an alpha e-mail of yourself + FBI Miami drug dealer / 'Russian hacker' / '4hrs advanced noticed of bombing of structural collapse' on your behalf?

uW0T???

Freenode IRC
Jul 3 2021 02:17am
Quote (death_knight @ 31 Jul 2019 16:48)
I feel like the topic title is actually a map

To be quite frank: Noah's brother is dead because of you idiots, because of the FBI being a bunch of idiots and following what you idiots post here.... Thanks, you dickweeds.
Jul 3 2021 02:20am
Quote (King Atrhur @ 8 Nov 2019 14:52)
Ain't shit happen after death.

WOW! Something we both agree on for the first time in over 10 years, 2 children, 4 dead grandparents and 1 first dead girlfriend of 2 children???? A-fucking-amazing coming from an autistic, gendery dsyphoric genuis of 142 IQ (no 1920s argot implied nor FBI / CIA / NSA agency implied)...

What's next? Some queer is going to come by pretending to be a 'Michael' and sing a song titled: 'Losing my religion?' outside of a hotel?' LOL
Jul 3 2021 02:22am
Quote (Xistz @ 16 Nov 2019 10:06)
I thought only 144k ppl get into heaven

I thought it was closer to 200k, but someone else posted and said anonymous (aka: drug cartel / terrorism / NSA / CIA / FIBA) is closer to: ~500k.

:rofl:

E/ Coming from a dead person's audio recordings from real phone calls from blown up AT&T employees from Nashville, TN

E 2/: Or should I stop here and not mention the 'psychological anchor' system + live-tor network + color coded message system + other systems per individual basis with an ever-moving centralized database?

E3/: Clearly, I am retarded for predictring the deaths of 5 individuals of 6+ months in advance each and yet cannot pay for a residential house of my own (despite not being a faggot (dope smoking)); lol

E4/: CIA/FBI/NSA already have direct copies of these... Thanks! Please try again, general Perez.

This post was edited by Muted on Jul 3 2021 02:26am
Go Back To General Chat Topic List
Prev1185186187188189541Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll