d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > General Chat Daily Sins Thread
Prev191011121325Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 77,269.69
Sep 26 2023 09:51pm
Quote (JessiWan @ Sep 26 2023 09:44pm)
Prices are dictated by how many businesses there are that compete for work. When foreign nationals enter a particular market, they almost always drive down wages, because there is now more competition. You think by calling around a few places getting quotes you can now say with confidence that Americans are overcharging?

yes.

it is a company an hour away not a foreign country.

why are you arguing with me about what is going on in my town when i know what is going on. i live here.

arent you in a different country?

how do you have such balls to talk like that when you dont even work?
Gold: 1,453.85
Warn: 10%
Sep 26 2023 09:59pm
Quote (klink @ Sep 26 2023 08:51pm)
yes.

it is a company an hour away not a foreign country.

You said those people didn't speak English. So I assumed that they were from a foreign country. Most likely Mexico.

Were they foreigners or were they not? If yes, then you gave foreign nationals work that could have gone to your fellow Americans.

why are you arguing with me about what is going on in my town when i know what is going on. i live here.

I don't need to know anything about your town to know that you can't say with absolute certainty that someone is overcharging.
arent you in a different country?

I am. But I fail to see how that precludes me from commenting on what goes on in your country.

how do you have such balls to talk like that when you dont even work?

I don't need to be employed to have an opinion about your country's economy. Also I can see that I am getting to you.

Btw, I do work. Technically I have two jobs now. I just secured work today.

This post was edited by JessiWan on Sep 26 2023 10:01pm
Sep 26 2023 10:02pm
Quote (JessiWan @ Sep 26 2023 09:59pm)
You said those people didn't speak English. So I assumed that they were from a foreign country. Most likely Mexico.

Were they foreigners or were they not? If yes, then you gave foreign nationals work that could have gone to your fellow Americans.

I don't need to know anything about your town to know that you can't say with absolute certainty that someone is overcharging.

I am. But I fail to see how that precludes me from commenting on what goes on in your country.

I don't need to be employed to have an opinion about your country's economy. Also I can see that I am getting to you.

you got two different situations mixed up.

you can go reread the conversation or argue with someone else.
Sep 26 2023 10:06pm
Quote (klink @ Sep 26 2023 09:02pm)
you got two different situations mixed up.

In post #91, you said they didn't speak English. This is what I am referring to when I say foreign nationals. I am not talking about the American company mentioned in post # 99.

you can go reread the conversation or argue with someone else.

You want out because you are losing.
Sep 26 2023 10:18pm
Quote (JessiWan @ Sep 26 2023 10:06pm)
In post #91, you said they didn't speak English. This is what I am referring to when I say foreign nationals. I am not talking about the American company mentioned in post # 99.

You want out because you are losing.

sigh... yes the roofers didnt speak english. but was an "american company" with whites as bosses. but they had non english speaking employees. which doesnt always mean mexican.

the example i gave you of two competing white only companies that did gutter repairs were so far off on price because of different towns that are an hour apart shows that people here over charge.

what am i losing at? you are talking about something you know nothing at all about but somehow think you do. if i have a question about getting food stains off a plate i will take your word for how to clean it. that is a subject you know better than me so i wouldnt argue it.
Sep 26 2023 10:36pm
Quote (klink @ Sep 26 2023 09:18pm)
sigh... yes the roofers didnt speak english. but was an "american company" with whites as bosses. but they had non english speaking employees. which doesnt always mean mexican.

It doesn't matter that the company is headed by Americans. By patronizing companies that employ foreigners, you are supporting businesses that hire foreigners over Americans and you are indirectly giving work to foreign nationals rather than Americans. But I know you are fine with this because you only care about saving money.

the example i gave you of two competing white only companies that did gutter repairs were so far off on price because of different towns that are an hour apart shows that people here over charge.

You still don't get it. You talk as if whether some business is overcharging could be easily quantified. It can't. Pricing is determined by a multitude of factors, not even an economist can look at a few numbers and say definitively that someone is overcharging. And you certainly can't say that just because someone from the next town over has a lower quote.

what am i losing at? you are talking about something you know nothing at all about but somehow think you do.

I never said that I know anything about your town. I am just saying that you have no proof that some company is overcharging. I asked how you knew the American company was overcharging, and you said "because they are overcharging". That's not an argument, lmao.

if i have a question about getting food stains off a plate i will take your word for how to clean it. that is a subject you know better than me so i wouldnt argue it.

No need to get offended.

This post was edited by JessiWan on Sep 26 2023 10:41pm
Sep 26 2023 11:00pm
Quote (JessiWan @ Sep 26 2023 10:36pm)
It doesn't matter that the company is headed by Americans. By patronizing companies that employ foreigners, you are supporting businesses that hire foreigners over Americans and you are indirectly giving work to foreign nationals rather than Americans. But I know you are fine with this because you only care about saving money.

You still don't get it. You talk as if whether some business is overcharging could be easily quantified. It can't. Pricing is determined by a multitude of factors, not even an economist can look at a few numbers and say definitively that someone is overcharging. And you certainly can't say that just because someone from the next town over has a lower quote.

I never said that I know anything about your town. I am just saying that you have no proof that some company is overcharging. I asked how you knew the American company was overcharging, and you said "because they are overcharging". That's not an argument, lmao.

No need to get offended.

you like to argue but you dont know what you are saying.

do you own a company?
do you own a house?
do you own anything?
have you had to hire someone for anything?

why is it you think someone who doesnt speak english is not american? dont you have 2 languages where you live?

did you read the part where i said a handyman with no insurance and is not licensed charges $65 an hour? the reason a person like that can get that kind of money for very very low skill work is because all the companies that do that work are over charging.

you are arguing just to argue. you seem to be a person that needs someone to do that with. thats why i said argue with someone else.

stay in your lane. find a waiter to argue with.
Gold: 32,639.69
Sep 27 2023 06:51am
Quote (klink @ Sep 26 2023 10:36pm)
because they are overcharging.

had a local company give a quote for gutter repair on my moms place. they wanted $1500. called a company from an hour away and they quoted $1200. i said that seems high and they responded ya we know what places charge around here. i offered the $800 and they said ok it will be done by the end of the week. probable could have gotten them cheaper judging of their quick response.

bacause of you jumping right to the mexican conclusion from my saying the roofers didnt speak english ill add that in the gutter story they were all white.

Got a quote from 3 places, I told the most expensive one it was too high compared to others.
This was their response verbatim.
"I am only company the is roofing that is carrying workmans comp insurance on all employees, everyone else calls them subcontracted labor or has no workmans comp. This expense is 20%of gross payroll along. I also have 3 million general liability where others are carrying 500K."

Like that's my fucking problem? LOL nah dawg.

This post was edited by lolkggz on Sep 27 2023 07:13am
Gold: 13,500.00
Sep 27 2023 07:22am
Quote (lolkggz @ Sep 27 2023 06:51am)
Got a quote from 3 places, I told the most expensive one it was too high compared to others.
This was their response verbatim.
"I am only company the is roofing that is carrying workmans comp insurance on all employees, everyone else calls them subcontracted labor or has no workmans comp. This expense is 20%of gross payroll along. I also have 3 million general liability where others are carrying 500K."

Like that's my fucking problem? LOL nah dawg.

I over insure my employees and expect you to pick up the tab.
Got it.
:rofl:

This post was edited by MadMardi on Sep 27 2023 07:23am
Gold: 32,639.69
Sep 27 2023 07:37am
Quote (MadMardi @ Sep 27 2023 08:22am)
I over insure my employees and expect you to pick up the tab.
Got it.
:rofl:

https://imgur.com/WYme1ao.gif

White owned company.
They wanted 20k for class 4 replacement and new osb.
They wanted 30k for standing seam steel roof.

I live ina small town, they all get their material from the same place, 1 store.
My compadres charged below.
I paid 14k for all new osb, new metal trim, class 4 shingle.
This includes all their equipment, lift, dump fee, and labor, shingle tear off/cleanup, 5 nail punch.
On a 2,400 sq ft house.
They got all the materials on site, they tore off all my shingles and osb'd one side of my house in one day. I was impressed.
They've been eating lunch in my yard, while cleaning up.
I'm gonna hire them to do my siding in a year or two as well now.
American free market baby.
Gave them a little coffee toast with some affirmation for showing up this morning early. (7:25)

This post was edited by lolkggz on Sep 27 2023 08:11am
Go Back To General Chat Topic List
Prev191011121325Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll