d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Homework Help > Any Middle School English Teachers On Here?
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 372.30
Oct 5 2024 11:25am
I'm taking Praxis test Middle School English Language Arts (5047) next Saturday, 10/12. This will be a career switch, and I'm definitely rusty. I graduated college in 2015 with a B.A. in Journalism and a minor in English. Almost 10 years later, after a lot of sales and customer service, I'm applying for teaching jobs for next school year. Does anyone have any tips for passing Praxis 5047 or topics they feel like I should drill down on? I didn't do so hot on the first Practice test attempt.

Materials I'm currently using
Praxis Middle School English Language Arts 5047 - Kathleen Jasper
Practice Test 1 & 2 - Practice.praxis.org
Gold: 2,673.69
Oct 5 2024 08:39pm
I did the advanced math one about a decade ago and the test was basically all topics in high school math. 1-2 questions per standard/topic.

I cannot imagine the English one being any different.

I passed on my first go. Couple of my friends failed their first and passed on the second.

I’d just take it. If you pass then great. If you fail then you’ll know exactly what to expect. Probably better than wasting money with practice bullshit.

You could also grab a pile of middle/high school English books and do the exercises in them.

This post was edited by brigadier on Oct 5 2024 08:41pm
Gold: 372.30
Oct 6 2024 07:21pm
Quote (brigadier @ Oct 5 2024 09:39pm)
I did the advanced math one about a decade ago and the test was basically all topics in high school math. 1-2 questions per standard/topic.

I cannot imagine the English one being any different.

I passed on my first go. Couple of my friends failed their first and passed on the second.

I’d just take it. If you pass then great. If you fail then you’ll know exactly what to expect. Probably better than wasting money with practice bullshit.

You could also grab a pile of middle/high school English books and do the exercises in them.

I bought the study materials because I REALLY don't want to take this more than once. It's $156 per test take, and I read the results take a month...

The exercise idea sounds look a good one. Thank you for that advice.
Gold: 2,673.69
Oct 6 2024 11:01pm
I got my unofficial scores right away. Aside from my actual official license agency, everyone took the unofficial scores as “good enough” to start paperwork and what not until the official ones got sent.

Good luck.

If you haven’t started subbing you should start and try to find a school that isn’t a complete shit show.
Go Back To Homework Help Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll