d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Martial Arts, Boxing & Wrestling > Floyd Mayweather Vs Conor Mcgregor > Trash Talk / Stat Talk / Bet Talk
Prev14546474849211Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1.00
Aug 9 2017 05:21pm
Quote (Gangbang @ Aug 9 2017 06:27pm)
Hasn't been on point? Nearly the best boxing record? He looked serious when he said he smells a bitch? Conor did touch on him being defensive. He said his punches will break the guard.

Are you and Xaos in a competition for who can say the most wrong shit in a post that sounds serious but is actually a troll or is this shit for real?

It's pretty funny to hear people talk like these dudes aren't high fiving eachother and shit backstage.

Yeah. Id work with my opposition to generate the biggest payday possible. There's nothing on the line for either of them. It's all up and up.

Pride means nothing when you walk with 50m.
Retired Moderator
Gold: 505.00
Trader: Trusted
Aug 9 2017 06:04pm
Quote (Gangbang @ 9 Aug 2017 18:27)
Hasn't been on point? Nearly the best boxing record? He looked serious when he said he smells a bitch? Conor did touch on him being defensive. He said his punches will break the guard.

Are you and Xaos in a competition for who can say the most wrong shit in a post that sounds serious but is actually a troll or is this shit for real?

It's pretty funny to hear people talk like these dudes aren't high fiving eachother and shit backstage.

Wasn't Rocky Marciano 49-0 w/ 46 KOs, tying Floyd's record for most career wins w/o a loss? Also, some folks could argue others have a better "record" even with losses, due to what they faced.

Conor touched on Floyd's defensive strategies, but that's kind of my point. I think it's the biggest thing he could pick on and he really didn't push it home. It just wasn't up to par in terms of Conor's usual level of trash talk.

Moreover, I don't think you can seriously believe that Conor and Floyd are besties. Maybe later they can buddy up, but at this stage, I'm pretty sure they are thinking of destroying one another from waking til bedtime. Conor hasn't gotten super pissed like he does sometimes (e.g., against Aldo or Diaz), but he probably respects Floyd more than most of his opponents, too. Floyd has had some fun with all of this, but I'm pretty sure the remark I referenced was cold-blooded.

You can respect a guy and the work he does or even the man himself, and you can take some joy in the idea of a huge payday, but ultimately, in either one of these guy's positions, you've got to be completely psyched to bash the dude's face into a fine pulp. I think Floyd may even be pissed off enough to come out of his corner and lay some flurries into Conor.
Gold: 0.30
Aug 9 2017 06:42pm
Retired Moderator
Aug 9 2017 07:59pm
^ That's a realistic view of the fight: Conor possesses more power and could theoretically put Money down often enough to draw the KO/TKO, Floyd is by far the better boxer, and Floyd should have a distinct cardio advantage which should give him a KO if he goes for it.

I don't think this fight ends early, but it's hard to say. I disagree with Lee about Conor's size. If Conor comes in around 168-9, I think that's the wrong move for him. I think he actually performs better a bit lighter. Floyd could come in low 150s as he said. All Floyd needs is to do is find his sweet spot and stick with it.

Conor should have more trouble establishing his weight for the fight. He may get it wrong, he may get it right. Hopefully, he has a defensive strategy to go along with whatever wild offensive strategy I'm sure he already has. He doesn't need a plan A and a plan B, but he needs to plan his defense around his Plan A.

Something tells me Floyd gets this in 4-6 if he wants the KO, or in the late rounds if he is conservative (a.k.a. if Conor preserves any power after 2-4 rounds).

The X factor in this bout is going to be Conor's cardio. If (BIG IF) he comes in with a major upgrade in cardio and if he really studies the boxing game going into this thing, it could turn into an absolutely wild night. That's my hope. I don't care who wins but I'd love to see a battle. That's also why I think Conor would be an idiot to come in at 168-9. The only way that makes sense is if he really thinks he will put Floyd down early and often.

This post was edited by RewtheBrave on Aug 9 2017 08:01pm
Gold: 6,487.40
Aug 9 2017 08:12pm
If you expect a battle you will be disapointed. OF course, the kids here will yell out loud that Floyd is a pussy by using defensive strategy in the first part (rds 1-5) of the fight but as soon as Conor will shows sign of fatigue, Maywether will connect him with his extreme and legendary accuracy and Conor won't have the resources to counter that. I am afraid that when the fight reach this level, Conor will do something stupid in order to put himself out of the fight via disqualification (ie, clinch and guillotine attempt, kicks, or another move)

Conor needs to close the lights before round 4 otherwise, its going to be a very frustrated and painful to watch one way demolition for his fans
Gold: 16.80
Aug 9 2017 08:19pm
Quote (nekrotic @ Aug 9 2017 08:12pm)
If you expect a battle you will be disapointed. OF course, the kids here will yell out loud that Floyd is a pussy by using defensive strategy in the first part (rds 1-5) of the fight but as soon as Conor will shows sign of fatigue, Maywether will connect him with his extreme and legendary accuracy and Conor won't have the resources to counter that. I am afraid that when the fight reach this level, Conor will do something stupid in order to put himself out of the fight via disqualification (ie, clinch and guillotine attempt, kicks, or another move)

Conor needs to close the lights before round 4 otherwise, its going to be a very frustrated and painful to watch one way demolition for his fans

No he wont. He will take a couple knees and take a tko far before he loses all his money and his fight license in Nevada.
Aug 9 2017 08:25pm
Ohh no FLoyd plan to go after Conor and try t KO him. Im very concern now since I hear that. Conor will definitely KO FLoyd out cold easily if its the gameplan FLoyd have in mind :(
Gold: 0.00
Aug 9 2017 08:31pm
Quote (nekrotic @ Aug 9 2017 10:25pm)
Ohh no FLoyd plan to go after Conor and try t KO him. Im very concern now since I hear that. Conor will definitely KO FLoyd out cold easily if its the gameplan FLoyd have in mind :(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PCRShqZKu0

not worried lmao
Aug 9 2017 08:41pm
lol
Retired Moderator
Aug 9 2017 09:27pm
Quote (nekrotic @ 9 Aug 2017 22:12)

I agree with Gangbang that Conor won't quit. He wants that money. He's a smart guy despite some of the crap he does.

I still think it could be an interesting battle if Conor comes into the fight with amazing cardio and way better boxing than expected (which I don't expect btw--I said it was unlikely).

Floyd has talked about going for an early KO but he's done that before and then gone into a defensive shell for a win. Nobody knows what Floyd will do outside of Floyd and a few people on the inner circle of his camp. I don't doubt that he will shoot for the KO if he feels Conor's power diminish or if he feels like he can just pick Conor apart with combinations without taking any shots. But he's unlikely to take any chances.

If he takes Conor out before Conor gases I'll be shocked but also impressed. He could probably do it but I don't see why he'd risk getting smashed for it when he can get a good measure of Conor's reach, power, timing and skill from a more defensive position.

imho the first 30s -3 or 4 min of the fight will be very dangerous for Floyd but once he can establish something (even defensively) and get the read he wants he can frustrate and eventually tire Conor and then completely control the fight. He gets paid the same amount to win smart that he gets paid to try to earn a risky win against a true unknown.

This post was edited by RewtheBrave on Aug 9 2017 09:29pm
Go Back To Martial Arts, Boxing & Wrestling Topic List
Prev14546474849211Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll