d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Martial Arts, Boxing & Wrestling > Why Are People Giving Brock So Much Credit?
Prev13456730Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Banned
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 20%
Dec 15 2009 09:33pm
Quote (masterofshadows @ Dec 15 2009 11:08pm)
you're an idiot luke, fedor is smaller than mir was in the brock vs mir II, fedor doesn't have the size/strength/takedown defense to hold brock off, brock would take him down and completely man handle him, fucking coleman and randleman completely handled him with their wrestling which is nowhere near on the level of brocks

gonzaga took him down with ease, you're telling me lesnar won't be able to?

wtf is up with all the fedor cock riders, yeah he use to be #1 hw when he fought in pride, things have changed and the sport is completely different now then what it use to be, fedor can't handle the competition of todays fighters and his managers are aware of that and thats why they wouldn't let him come to the ufc because if fedor were to lose to brock, strikeforce would completely collapse

Or maybe it might be they wont co promote? Fedor has more national credentials not only in sambo but judo and combat sports and has the expirence and is obviously more reliable then brock skill wise. How quickly you forget what the gracies taught us, size can be over came. Fedor will and would win. For the sake of disscussion what are the chances you like brock because everyome else likes fedor. Smart money is on fedor.
Banned
Gold: 756.95
Dec 15 2009 09:35pm
Quote (Nitrix @ Dec 15 2009 05:49pm)
Lesnar Mir II will answer a lot of questions.

Answered none for me.

Off nights happen, we've all seen it.
Gold: 1.18
Dec 15 2009 09:36pm
Quote (killer_hate @ Dec 15 2009 10:35pm)
Answered none for me.

Off nights happen, we've all seen it.

i think he meant mir vs lesnar III will answer our questions which i'm sure it will because lesnar will completely handle him again
Quote (Hukillao9 @ Dec 15 2009 10:33pm)
Or maybe it might be they wont co promote? Fedor has more national credentials not only in sambo but judo and combat sports and has the expirence and is obviously  more reliable then brock skill wise. How quickly you forget what the gracies taught us, size can be over came. Fedor will and would win. For the sake of disscussion what are the chances you like brock because everyome else likes fedor. Smart money is on fedor.

or because they don't want to see their organization crumble

This post was edited by masterofshadows on Dec 15 2009 09:36pm
Banned
Gold: 756.95
Dec 15 2009 09:37pm
Quote (masterofshadows @ Dec 15 2009 10:36pm)
i think he ment mir vs lesnar III will answer our questions which i'm sure it will because lesnar will completely handle him again

If that happens then yeah sure, but I don't think much of Mir either.

Hw needs more people, Dana says it's at its peek but I still think its quite lame, atm.
Dec 15 2009 09:38pm
Quote (killer_hate @ Dec 15 2009 10:37pm)
If that happens then yeah sure, but I don't think much of Mir either.

Hw needs more people, Dana says it's at its peek but I still think its quite lame, atm.

meh, lesnar/kongo/mir/velasquez/carwin/ivel/santos/nog and many others, it is def at the best its ever been in any org but it could still use some work :), i can't stand mir but hes a good fighter and has improved a lot, between him and nog they have the best bjj out of any hw in the world

This post was edited by masterofshadows on Dec 15 2009 09:39pm
Banned
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 20%
Dec 15 2009 09:41pm
Quote (masterofshadows @ Dec 15 2009 11:36pm)
i think he meant mir vs lesnar III will answer our questions which i'm sure it will because lesnar will completely handle him again

or because they don't want to see their organization crumble

Heres a more feesible explanation. Fedor owns a portion of m-1 global. If m-1 global gets publicity, thats more money in fedors pocket, while he gets paid by strikeforce to fight. Think about it, fedor has to retire eventually m-1 is his next career and right now he promotes it. He is not scared or stupid.
Dec 15 2009 09:46pm
Quote (Hukillao9 @ Dec 15 2009 10:41pm)
Heres a more feesible explanation. Fedor owns a portion of m-1 global. If m-1 global gets publicity, thats more money in fedors pocket, while he gets paid by strikeforce to fight. Think about it,  fedor has to retire eventually m-1 is his next career and right now he promotes it. He is not scared or stupid.

true mma fans will follow m-1 global shit regardless, dana white offered him to have m-1 global on the ringpost and would allow him to wear m-1 global shit during the fight and he still turned it down, he would make more money off the ufc then anything because it would open him up to casual ufc fans and they would follow him regardless if he left the ufc or not, after that its pretty obvious his managers don't want him to fight in the ufc because they are afraid he will lose and if he loses then strikeforcel would completely collapse since fedor would lose his #1 hw ranking, after that they would have absolutely nobody

This post was edited by masterofshadows on Dec 15 2009 09:53pm
Gold: 5,105.00
Dec 15 2009 11:25pm
Quote (masterofshadows @ Dec 15 2009 11:08pm)
you're an idiot luke, fedor is smaller than mir was in the brock vs mir II, fedor doesn't have the size/strength/takedown defense to hold brock off, brock would take him down and completely man handle him, fucking coleman and randleman completely handled him with their wrestling which is nowhere near on the level of brocks

gonzaga took him down with ease, you're telling me lesnar won't be able to?

wtf is up with all the fedor cock riders, yeah he use to be #1 hw when he fought in pride, things have changed and the sport is completely different now then what it use to be, fedor can't handle the competition of todays fighters and his managers are aware of that and thats why they wouldn't let him come to the ufc because if fedor were to lose to brock, strikeforce would completely collapse

M1 would collapse is what you meant............ Fedor has insane take down defense. He also has good striking and knockout power which will End brock. Mir said himself that brock didnt wanna stand up and fight him because mir would own him standing up, so if thats the case Fedor would deff knock brock out standing before it went to the ground. Remember they start the fight standing up
Banned
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 50%
Dec 16 2009 12:03am
Quote (cornerkickgod @ Dec 15 2009 10:43pm)
he beat mir and an over the hill couture ..

Yes mir is elite .. but wtf? fedor comparisons? are you fucking kidding me?

who has fedor beat that's on mirs level recently?
n
o
b
o
d
y
Gold: 3.00
Dec 16 2009 12:08am
Quote (Short_Bus @ Dec 16 2009 01:03am)
who has fedor beat that's on mirs level recently?
n
o
b
o
d
y

Nogueira
Arlovski
Arona
Cro-Cop
Babalu
Go Back To Martial Arts, Boxing & Wrestling Topic List