d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Martial Arts, Boxing & Wrestling > Official Professional Wrestling Discussion Thread
Prev1172117221723172417251794Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 50%
Oct 5 2019 03:19pm
Quote (RiCCAY @ Oct 5 2019 05:05pm)
Kofi got hot so they audibled from other plans and put the belt on him. Lets not forget WM 30 my dude. Kofis mania payoff was also an incredible moment

i sure hope ur not trying to say kofi got hot the way daniel bryan did lmfao, ppl weren't calling for kofi to get the belt anywhere near as loudly, or for as long, as they were for bryan.

it was a good moment sure, but that moment was followed by terribly written promos mixed with feuds kofi should have lost. its been proven as a fact that if every face wins titles and not one heel remains after mania, that the ratings will fall. giving people too much of what they want at once gets stale quickly. not saying kofi shouldnt have won at mania, it was all the time afterwards that made it bad. and the ratings show that.

not to mention one very big fact, bryan wasnt part of any substantial tag team, that they tried to tie in with his feuds and promos. doing that with kofi and the new day was just ugly, they were basically openly flaunting that a mid card tag team wrestler had the belt the entire time which makes the company look bad.

and dont take any of that the wrong way, i realize its definitely not kofi or seths fault that their reign was worse than jinder's, i personally think seth is very talented at what he does and so is kofi, the problem is kofi's promos belong on the mid card in a tag team, and seth is being given shit that he would never say unless forced and the way he says it all makes that obvious.

if wwe got rid of scripted promos and catch phrases they would be unstoppable.

This post was edited by KyushU on Oct 5 2019 03:26pm
Gold: 700.00
Oct 5 2019 05:00pm
Quote (KyushU @ Oct 5 2019 05:19pm)
i sure hope ur not trying to say kofi got hot the way daniel bryan did lmfao, ppl weren't calling for kofi to get the belt anywhere near as loudly, or for as long, as they were for bryan.

it was a good moment sure, but that moment was followed by terribly written promos mixed with feuds kofi should have lost. its been proven as a fact that if every face wins titles and not one heel remains after mania, that the ratings will fall. giving people too much of what they want at once gets stale quickly. not saying kofi shouldnt have won at mania, it was all the time afterwards that made it bad. and the ratings show that.

not to mention one very big fact, bryan wasnt part of any substantial tag team, that they tried to tie in with his feuds and promos. doing that with kofi and the new day was just ugly, they were basically openly flaunting that a mid card tag team wrestler had the belt the entire time which makes the company look bad.

and dont take any of that the wrong way, i realize its definitely not kofi or seths fault that their reign was worse than jinder's, i personally think seth is very talented at what he does and so is kofi, the problem is kofi's promos belong on the mid card in a tag team, and seth is being given shit that he would never say unless forced and the way he says it all makes that obvious.

Agree with that last sentence 100%. It all just feels so paint by numbers.

In addition, faces always draw better when theyre chasing a heel champ. That reign could have been booked soooo much better. Like if kofi started thinking he was "too good" for new day and did a quick program going over woods then have kofi going over a face veteran trying to humble him. Then start building an underdog face for a summerslam program.

I know its just fantasy booking but a little freshness would be nice. Couldnt agree more to your point on the reign getting stale fast - although i did enjoy the long term payoff with randy orton.

This post was edited by RiCCAY on Oct 5 2019 05:01pm
Oct 5 2019 05:40pm
Quote (RiCCAY @ Oct 5 2019 07:00pm)
Agree with that last sentence 100%. It all just feels so paint by numbers.

In addition, faces always draw better when theyre chasing a heel champ. That reign could have been booked soooo much better. Like if kofi started thinking he was "too good" for new day and did a quick program going over woods then have kofi going over a face veteran trying to humble him. Then start building an underdog face for a summerslam program.

I know its just fantasy booking but a little freshness would be nice. Couldnt agree more to your point on the reign getting stale fast - although i did enjoy the long term payoff with randy orton.

my ONLY issue with the kofi orton storyline was the fact the entire thing was based off of some randm ass match they had years ago, but yea seems like we agree on a lot, they r still the better and more stable company but they r naturally going to lose viewership from ppl who wanna see real unscripted promos because there is finally a viable company doing it.

really tho that should make any wwe fan as excited as hell because vince does his best work while in competition, in my personal opinion the only ppl whose jobs are in jeopardy at the moment now are the writers which should bother nobody, because with all the talent in the wwe we already know that if they lost the writers the product would not suffer at all.

like kenny omega would be so much more boring if he tried to fit in any of his catch phrases in to 100% of his promos, same with the bucks, can you imagine like with braun stroman, if the bucks tried saying that they are going to invite every damn opponent to a super kick party? the company wouldn't have even got off the ground lol.

also another strong point; if we did lose the writers thats when the real stars on the mic would show themselves, i mean even having writers who are so awful shows who the real stars are, look at how many times moxley or jericho turned a garbage written promo into gold just by making it work somehow, shit that no one would ever imagine as a good promo looked rock solid when they were forced to do it,

that's why i think samoa joe is one of the best in the company, all those terribly written promos he is given are always so good because the fact that he is a star on the mic just shines so much more brightly, he can make the most lame shit ever come off as heelish. the stuff with aj styles and his family would have been soo fucking awful had just a regular star been handed that script.

This post was edited by KyushU on Oct 5 2019 05:46pm
Gold: 17.10
Oct 5 2019 06:29pm
Miss you @JohnCena. 😘 ps: Can you talk to @TheRock and see what his #wrestlemania plans are for 2020? Asking for a friend. https://t.co/Ly222EhUz4

Lmao Orton on one now
Gold: 6.69
Oct 6 2019 08:48am
Quote (KyushU @ Oct 5 2019 11:19pm)

And if Vince retires of gives the writers more breathing room
Oct 6 2019 09:28am
Only 4 matches for HIAC lmao I know its a pointless PPV but wow
Oct 6 2019 09:37am
Quote (CenturyLink @ Oct 6 2019 11:28am)
Only 4 matches for HIAC lmao I know its a pointless PPV but wow

I was just thinking about the ppv and i couldnt even think of whats going on beside sasha/becky and fiend/seth
Oct 6 2019 10:09am
Quote (RiCCAY @ Oct 6 2019 11:37am)
I was just thinking about the ppv and i couldnt even think of whats going on beside sasha/becky and fiend/seth

Fiend is the best thing in WWE right now. Hope he gets the title even though imo he's not a character that needs it to be over
Oct 6 2019 08:20pm
Quote (CenturyLink @ Oct 6 2019 12:09pm)
Fiend is the best thing in WWE right now. Hope he gets the title even though imo he's not a character that needs it to be over

yep, worst pay per view ive literally ever seen in my entire life. im probly done watching, ill just check ups and downs on what culture youtube
Oct 6 2019 08:22pm
Easily the worst ppv ive ever seen. Holy shit.
Go Back To Martial Arts, Boxing & Wrestling Topic List
Prev1172117221723172417251794Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll