d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Martial Arts, Boxing & Wrestling > Why Are People Giving Brock So Much Credit?
Prev1141516171830Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 32,892.00
Dec 21 2009 01:21pm
Quote (Havocide @ Dec 21 2009 07:16am)
Italics: Who at the time was a better hw contender than brock? No one really stood out.

Bold: Put the exact same fighter in the ufc, minus the name...and tell me people would still be mad about him having the title shot after winning it and defending the belt successfully.

also, yes it was that obvious. http://www.bestfightodds.com/fighters/Randy-Couture-79 brock was the slight favorite...obviously people (the massive betting public + pundits) thought brock had a very good chance of beating couture.

i would still be upset, if not more upset to see a no name guy come in the ufc and do exactly what brock did
win one lose one then title shot, just seems unfair to me. but thats business

Quote (vitt4300 @ Dec 21 2009 06:25am)
You cant fault him for getting a title shot.. not his decision. Anyone would have taken it i mean really your going to say something about when he gets a title shot. People wanted to see him fight so Dana made it happen.

no im not putting the blame on him for getting it to early, and yes anyone would have taken it if offered to them. i understand its a business and there was a lot of money in giving him that fight. sometimes business just isnt fair to others in that business
its just my opinion that he got the fight a little premature, and seeing as how this is an opinion based argument i dont think any of us are gonna win lol

Quote (masterofshadows @ Dec 21 2009 07:25am)
i figured brock would win but i do think he got the title shot to early although it didn't bother me because if he wasn't worthy of holding the title, he would lose it right? hasn't lost it yet

hes definately worthy of holding it. i never said he wasnt good, like i said before hes good at what he does (obviously or he wouldnt have the title) . all i was saying is as far as being the best all around hw mixed martial artist, i cant agree. now if he keeps dominating fights, and keeps improving he definately has the potential to fill that spot.

This post was edited by moneymike on Dec 21 2009 01:21pm
Gold: 258.00
Dec 21 2009 02:51pm
Quote (moneymike @ Dec 21 2009 11:21am)
i would still be upset, if not more upset to see a no name guy come in the ufc and do exactly what brock did
win one lose one then title shot, just seems unfair to me. but thats business

no im not putting the blame on him for getting it to early, and yes anyone would have taken it if offered to them. i understand its a business and there was a lot of money in giving him that fight. sometimes business just isnt fair to others in that business
its just my opinion that he got the fight a little premature, and seeing as how this is an opinion based argument i dont think any of us are gonna win lol

hes definately worthy of holding it. i never said he wasnt good, like i said before hes good at what he does (obviously or he wouldnt have the title) . all i was saying is as far as being the best all around hw mixed martial artist, i cant agree. now if he keeps dominating fights, and keeps improving he definately has the potential to fill that spot.

he lost one, then won one, then got the title shot.

his very first ufc fight he lost

had to correct ya :-P
Gold: 32,892.00
Dec 21 2009 04:08pm
Quote (youngemerican009 @ Dec 21 2009 12:51pm)
he lost one, then won one, then got the title shot.

his very first ufc fight he lost

had to correct ya :-P

yeah said it earlier i just fucked up thistime, too much on my mind, lmao
ty for that
Dec 21 2009 04:27pm
Quote (moneymike @ Dec 21 2009 02:08pm)
yeah said it earlier i just fucked up thistime, too much on my mind, lmao
ty for that

oh! didnt notice u re-stated

XD
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 30%
Dec 21 2009 05:08pm
Quote (masterofshadows @ Dec 15 2009 10:08pm)
you're an idiot luke, fedor is smaller than mir was in the brock vs mir II, fedor doesn't have the size/strength/takedown defense to hold brock off, brock would take him down and completely man handle him, fucking coleman and randleman completely handled him with their wrestling which is nowhere near on the level of brocks

gonzaga took him down with ease, you're telling me lesnar won't be able to?

wtf is up with all the fedor cock riders, yeah he use to be #1 hw when he fought in pride, things have changed and the sport is completely different now then what it use to be, fedor can't handle the competition of todays fighters and his managers are aware of that and thats why they wouldn't let him come to the ufc because if fedor were to lose to brock, strikeforce would completely collapse

an old man out wrestled brock lesner, gosh he must be the best around,
the reason behind fedor not coming to the ufc is that his contract was that he couldn't leave the ufc until he lost, what person in their right mind would sign that

gosh whats up with all the ufc dickriders that don't have common sense
Dec 21 2009 05:15pm
Quote (bramanbronk @ Dec 21 2009 03:08pm)
an old man out wrestled brock lesner, gosh he must be the best around,
the reason behind fedor not coming to the ufc is that his contract was that he couldn't leave the ufc until he lost, what person in their right mind would sign that

gosh whats up with all the ufc dickriders that don't have common sense

lol?

who was the old man that out wrestled lesnar?

please do share.

also lesnar would manhandle fedor completely.

he isnt as good as everyone thinks he is, he is decent but he faught alot of no names(not saying he hasnt faught any good people) nor has he ever faught anyone like lesnar.

we havnt seen anyone like lesnar for a while in the HW divison.
Dec 21 2009 05:17pm
Quote (youngemerican009 @ Dec 21 2009 06:15pm)
lol?

who was the old man that out wrestled lesnar?

please do share.

also lesnar would manhandle fedor completely.

he isnt as good as everyone thinks he is, he is decent but he faught alot of no names(not saying he hasnt faught any good people) nor has he ever faught anyone like lesnar.

we havnt seen anyone like lesnar for a while in the HW divison.

coture....
Dec 21 2009 05:22pm
Quote (bramanbronk @ Dec 21 2009 03:17pm)
coture....

LOL all couture did was lean on him against the cage until lesnar got bored and reversed that situation, then when he felt it was time knocked couture out.

that fight was a joke for lesnar

people say lesnar was gassed but he wasnt even close to gassed

go watch some of his training vids and watch all the simultaneous cardio the trainers make him do.
Dec 21 2009 05:26pm
Quote (youngemerican009 @ Dec 21 2009 06:22pm)
LOL all couture did was lean on him against the cage until lesnar got bored and reversed that situation, then when he felt it was time knocked couture out.

that fight was a joke for lesnar

people say lesnar was gassed but he wasnt even close to gassed

go watch some of his training vids and watch all the simultaneous cardio the trainers make him do.

he got out wrestled...
the amount of credit your giving someone so under-experienced is amazing
hes fought what 4 matches, and your saying on his 3rd match vs a seasoned veteran he had his timing down so perfect that he controlled when he knocked coture out, you've got to be the biggest fucking idiot i've ever heard spew(and its bullshit your spewing dont forget it)

by the way just because someones being advertised all over doesn't mean everyone else isn't doing the exact same things only more intense

This post was edited by bramanbronk on Dec 21 2009 05:27pm
Dec 21 2009 05:28pm
Quote (bramanbronk @ Dec 21 2009 03:26pm)
he got out wrestled...
the amount of credit your giving someone so under-experienced is amazing
hes fought what 4 matches, and your saying on his 3rd match vs a seasoned veteran he had his timing down so perfect that he controlled when he knocked coture out, you've got to be the biggest fucking idiot i've ever heard spew(and its bullshit your spewing dont forget it)

ohh really.

the bullshit you are spewing is about the heavyweight champion

nowhere did i say half of that shit that you did.

i didnt say he had his timing down 100% but he easily knocked couture out and knew it was happening then.

under-experienced?

he has callegiate wrestling records of 106-5 and even better

stop removing credit where credit is due

the only reason you dont like him is because he came from WWE? who gives a shit

he will still beat the piss out of pretty much all the ufc heavyweights.

i am waiting on mir vs lesnar 3

mir is really the only person to truly challenge lesnar.

This post was edited by youngemerican009 on Dec 21 2009 05:29pm
Go Back To Martial Arts, Boxing & Wrestling Topic List
Prev1141516171830Next
Closed New Topic New Poll