d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Martial Arts, Boxing & Wrestling > Why Are People Giving Brock So Much Credit?
Prev1131415161730Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.78
Dec 18 2009 02:39am
Quote (lncarnaxim @ Dec 15 2009 06:34pm)
Heh, nice to see someone else actually watched that fight too, everyone keeps saying how Lesnar dominated Couture, but I had Couture winning and Lesnar looking pretty gassed against an "old man".

you do realize..... that bigger muscles take much more oxigen then smaller muscles right
Gold: 14,892.26
Dec 19 2009 08:37pm
Quote (hard_hitter_86 @ Dec 18 2009 01:39am)
you do realize..... that bigger muscles take much more oxigen then smaller muscles right
Yes, but when a person is bigger proportionately, their lungs are bigger as well, which will supply the bigger muscles with oxygen, which is somewhat the case with Brock. Brock is just much bigger than Randy overall, including his lungs and vascular system.

Gold: 119.00
Dec 20 2009 12:03am
Quote (Ty- @ 15 Dec 2009 16:51)
Which leads me to believe that by the time he comes to fight brock again (for the title or not)
he can be just as big and in shape as lesnar, taking away his main advantage.

lol.. mir is still fairly young and he will still probally fill a little more but unless your willing to wait a while he's not gunna get brock big.

Gold: 32,892.00
Dec 20 2009 12:09am
Quote (Nictorius @ Dec 16 2009 05:17am)
LoL: Mir will lose III...

the real question is:
why not give him the credit.. he is the mother fucking champ /// you are mad /// get the fuck over it..
Lesnar can eat 4 of your families generations in one sitting...

Anyone who dislikes Brock isn't a true fan of MMA, there isn't anything to dislike about him.

so once again... you losers should try and get an opinion that makes sense

theres isnt anything to dislike about him?
hes a douche, acts like a prick
he loses one, beats HEATH HERRING... then gets the title shot
kind of shitty when someone like fitch has to win 8 in a row in the ufc before he gets his title shot.

i personally dont like him, but im not going to say he sucks because if he sucked at mma, he wouldnt have the belt.
he does what he does well, and thats really all that matters in the end.
i just cant say hes #1 because he just hasnt done enough yet.

This post was edited by moneymike on Dec 20 2009 12:11am
Banned
Gold: 632.00
Dec 20 2009 04:16pm
Quote (cornerkickgod @ Dec 15 2009 03:43pm)
he beat mir and an over the hill couture ..

Yes mir is elite .. but wtf? fedor comparisons? are you fucking kidding me?

they bought into the hype machine if this guy wasn't famous he never would be considered good hes got wrestling skill that's about it and for ppl to call him one of the best after only few fights is stupid
Gold: 0.50
Dec 20 2009 05:02pm
Quote (moneymike @ Dec 20 2009 01:09am)
kind of shitty when someone like fitch has to win 8 in a row in the ufc before he gets his title shot.

i personally dont like him, but im not going to say he sucks because if he sucked at mma, he wouldnt have the belt.

thats a really unfair comparison between fitch and brock. when brock got his shot no one was at the top of the hw heap the ww contender roster is way larger.....and he won..and defended his title......getting a title shot doesn't have to be about grinding out a long campaign for it..it can simply be a matter of who has the best chance at winning the title..obviously brock had a good chance...since he won and defneded it.

This post was edited by Havocide on Dec 20 2009 05:03pm
Gold: 32,892.00
Dec 21 2009 01:20am
Quote (Havocide @ Dec 20 2009 03:02pm)
thats a really unfair comparison between fitch and brock. when brock got his shot no one was at the top of the hw heap the ww contender roster is way larger.....and he won..and defended his title......getting a title shot doesn't have to be about grinding out a long campaign for it..it can simply be a matter of who has the best chance at winning the title..obviously brock had a good chance...since he won and defneded it.

was it really so obvious?
personally i thought couture was going to win and i know plenty of others who felt the same
imo it wasnt all cuz he had the best chance of winning it. put the same exact fighter in the ufc minus the name, and he wouldnt have had a title shot as quick as brock did, especially after losing his first fight.
Gold: 4,425.00
Dec 21 2009 08:25am
Quote (moneymike @ Dec 20 2009 02:09am)

You cant fault him for getting a title shot.. not his decision. Anyone would have taken it i mean really your going to say something about when he gets a title shot. People wanted to see him fight so Dana made it happen.
Gold: 0.50
Dec 21 2009 09:16am
Quote (moneymike @ Dec 21 2009 02:20am)
personally i thought couture was going to win and i know plenty of others who felt the same
imo it wasnt all cuz he had the best chance of winning it. put the same exact fighter in the ufc minus the name, and he wouldnt have had a title shot as quick as brock did, especially after losing his first fight.

Italics: Who at the time was a better hw contender than brock? No one really stood out.

Bold: Put the exact same fighter in the ufc, minus the name...and tell me people would still be mad about him having the title shot after winning it and defending the belt successfully.

also, yes it was that obvious. http://www.bestfightodds.com/fighters/Randy-Couture-79 brock was the slight favorite...obviously people (the massive betting public + pundits) thought brock had a very good chance of beating couture.

This post was edited by Havocide on Dec 21 2009 09:17am
Gold: 1.18
Dec 21 2009 09:25am
Quote (moneymike @ Dec 21 2009 02:20am)

i figured brock would win but i do think he got the title shot to early although it didn't bother me because if he wasn't worthy of holding the title, he would lose it right? hasn't lost it yet
Go Back To Martial Arts, Boxing & Wrestling Topic List
Prev1131415161730Next
Closed New Topic New Poll