d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > World of Warcraft > Which Ver Of Wow Do You Recommend For A New Player
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 44,238.00
May 26 2024 08:59am
Please mention below and add why if you wish

:hail:
Gold: 251.74
May 26 2024 06:08pm
ur options:

classic era - base vanilla version of the game, servers released in 2019, slow pace leveling, no changes, old economy

sod era - vanilla but with some changes, currently on phase 3/4 lvl cap 50 (will be 60) people seem to play it for like 2-3 weeks when phase releases and then population drops, so wouldnt really recommend until phase4 releases, also classes were changed a bit compared to normal era, spells added etc

both sod and classic are separated from classic expansion such as:

cataclysm classic - just released after previous classic expansion wrath of the lich king, u level way faster than in vanilla, also its easier, 90% of the expansion content is still unreleased so now we are in "pre raid gearing phase" , idk would recommend it, because its not as complicated as retail, and not as stale as classic era, also lot of people cuz its fresh

retail - idk i dont play retail, its newest non classic expansion, leveling is pretty umch a speedrun here, u get into the endgame and have to figure shit out i guess, might be difficult if u dont have friends cuz its bit more complex compared to classic

also there will be new retail expansion in like 2 or 3 months iirc so maybe wanna wait for that and get some friends to play 2gether

also to playy any of the classic modes u jsut need to sub 13 eur/month

if u wanna play retail u gotta buy the dlc + sub

tldr i recommend cata :) playing it from fresh cuz i havent played Wrath and having a blast so far

tldr : cataclysm classic
Banned
Gold: 0.00
May 27 2024 07:53am
retail 100%
The classic games that they have remade contain the old content (combat styles mainly) which are tougher (more fun) but require more knowledge of a character

Stuff like dot clipping for example on a spriest (especially when you obtain trinket procs etc) you need to understand dot timers as well as trinket times so you can refresh dots with the big dps buff.

Retail is very "noob friendly" but also has very hard modes for those that want a challenge. i.e end game mythic + and mythic raiding.
Gold: 24,060.00
Jun 2 2024 03:19pm
Quote (firstmurloc @ May 26 2024 05:08pm)
ur options:

classic era - base vanilla version of the game, servers released in 2019, slow pace leveling, no changes, old economy

sod era - vanilla but with some changes, currently on phase 3/4 lvl cap 50 (will be 60) people seem to play it for like 2-3 weeks when phase releases and then population drops, so wouldnt really recommend until phase4 releases, also classes were changed a bit compared to normal era, spells added etc

both sod and classic are separated from classic expansion such as:

cataclysm classic - just released after previous classic expansion wrath of the lich king, u level way faster than in vanilla, also its easier, 90% of the expansion content is still unreleased so now we are in "pre raid gearing phase" , idk would recommend it, because its not as complicated as retail, and not as stale as classic era, also lot of people cuz its fresh

retail - idk i dont play retail, its newest non classic expansion, leveling is pretty umch a speedrun here, u get into the endgame and have to figure shit out i guess, might be difficult if u dont have friends cuz its bit more complex compared to classic

also there will be new retail expansion in like 2 or 3 months iirc so maybe wanna wait for that and get some friends to play 2gether

also to playy any of the classic modes u jsut need to sub 13 eur/month

if u wanna play retail u gotta buy the dlc + sub

tldr i recommend cata :) playing it from fresh cuz i havent played Wrath and having a blast so far

tldr : cataclysm classic

i second cata just made a gnome warrior from scratch... i wish i had played wotlk when they had it
Gold: 1,990.00
Jun 5 2024 02:45am
Quote (Ambient444 @ May 26 2024 07:59am)
Please mention below and add why if you wish

:hail:

In general, I'd suggest as a totally brand new player to try Retail. It has good modern tutorials for people who've never played WoW. I cannot name a single person who doesn't use at least 20 addons in Classic era, SOD, or even Cataclysm. I can confidently say you can jump feet first into Retail without issue. And this comes from someone who hasn't played retail in 6+ years.

Cataclysm Classic is essentially Retail Lite -- mana is basically not an issue anymore except in long raid fights and chain pulling. Food is aplenty. Consumes all over the place. It's just a touch before every class gets every kind of cc/cc break/gap closer/escape pvp... I digress.

For classic Era to be enjoyable, it'll require the right mindset for a newbie because it is hard to play the game. A warrior does the best damage but getting one to level 60 with NO CLUE about any of the tips like hamstring kiting and using slower weapons can make it miserable for inexperienced players. "Just AoE farm as a mage!" You don't suggest this to a newbie, sorry.

All in all... as long as you have the $ to try retail, give it a try. I don't like it personally because I prefer the older style of WoW's gameplay. but that doesn't mean Retail is a bad game.
Gold: 783.00
Jun 5 2024 01:40pm
Quote (Kiasers22 @ Jun 5 2024 03:45am)
In general, I'd suggest as a totally brand new player to try Retail. It has good modern tutorials for people who've never played WoW. I cannot name a single person who doesn't use at least 20 addons in Classic era, SOD, or even Cataclysm. I can confidently say you can jump feet first into Retail without issue. And this comes from someone who hasn't played retail in 6+ years.

Cataclysm Classic is essentially Retail Lite -- mana is basically not an issue anymore except in long raid fights and chain pulling. Food is aplenty. Consumes all over the place. It's just a touch before every class gets every kind of cc/cc break/gap closer/escape pvp... I digress.

For classic Era to be enjoyable, it'll require the right mindset for a newbie because it is hard to play the game. A warrior does the best damage but getting one to level 60 with NO CLUE about any of the tips like hamstring kiting and using slower weapons can make it miserable for inexperienced players. "Just AoE farm as a mage!" You don't suggest this to a newbie, sorry.

All in all... as long as you have the $ to try retail, give it a try. I don't like it personally because I prefer the older style of WoW's gameplay. but that doesn't mean Retail is a bad game.

cata is literally notorious for terrible mana issues on healers tf you mean.

In fact, it's the ONLY expansion where you actually have to be efficient with your HPM, aka heal per mana, and the only expansion that requires you to be good at healer.

and if you mean dps, dps has never had mana issues.

This post was edited by ISellLeagueBoosts on Jun 5 2024 01:41pm
Jun 5 2024 08:58pm
Quote (ISellLeagueBoosts @ Jun 5 2024 12:40pm)
cata is literally notorious for terrible mana issues on healers tf you mean.

In fact, it's the ONLY expansion where you actually have to be efficient with your HPM, aka heal per mana, and the only expansion that requires you to be good at healer.

and if you mean dps, dps has never had mana issues.

So you just proved me half right. And as a new player, I don't recommend healing or tanking.

So... Thanks?
Jun 5 2024 10:20pm
Quote (Kiasers22 @ Jun 5 2024 09:58pm)
So you just proved me half right. And as a new player, I don't recommend healing or tanking.

So... Thanks?

Not even close.
Telling people to try retail first is hilarious because the only prog guilds are mythic. Which if you can hang with, which a new player can't due to a myriad of reasons, even if you COULD, you would dance circles around wrath/cata heroics.

also 90% of tanking in wrath/cata are literally, swap on X, kite adds. that's it, a idiot can tank BoT, Bwd, tot4w heroic, meanwhile good motherfucking luck tanking fryakk mythic.

This post was edited by ISellLeagueBoosts on Jun 5 2024 10:22pm
Jun 5 2024 10:23pm
Quote (ISellLeagueBoosts @ Jun 5 2024 09:20pm)
Not even close.
Telling people to try retail first is hilarious because the only prog guilds are mythic. Which if you can hang with, which a new player can't due to a myriad of reasons, even if you COULD, you would dance circles around wrath/cata heroics.

also 90% of tanking in wrath/cata are literally, swap on X, kite adds. that's it.

Why in the hell are you suggesting mythic+ / mythic RAIDING to a NEW player? It takes a LOT of time to get used to RDF/LFR, let alone normal, HEROIC and then MYTHIC.

Or are you just trying to shit on someone for the sake of it?
Jun 5 2024 10:27pm
Quote (Kiasers22 @ Jun 5 2024 11:23pm)
Why in the hell are you suggesting mythic+ / mythic RAIDING to a NEW player? It takes a LOT of time to get used to RDF/LFR, let alone normal, HEROIC and then MYTHIC.

Or are you just trying to shit on someone for the sake of it?

We may be misunderstanding a new player, to me a new player isn't LFR, that's actual AFK activity, you don't even need to know what is going on.
Baseline is heroic in retail, just like baseline is normal in cata.

If you really want to talk about green new, then it doesn't matter what version they play, as a brain and 2 hands gets you through any baseline.

tldr retail if you want to experience end game is leagues harder than any version, to experience true end game.

This post was edited by ISellLeagueBoosts on Jun 5 2024 10:29pm
Go Back To World of Warcraft Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll