d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Shopping Or Farming For 3os Hyperion Shield
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 296.00
Aug 29 2024 02:58pm
Quote (MechanicMitch @ Aug 29 2024 05:23pm)
So I still have the question for anyone who might be able to answer me:

Shopping for a Hyperion / elite base, how do I find out if:
A. I even can or not
B. If I can, how do I do it? Does my character have to be at a specific level in hell or NM or specific vendor?

without using any calculator, I would try shopping for this shield in act 2

I know the "large shield" can be shopped in act2 normal -> so I would try act2 hell to search for "hyperion shield"
Gold: 651.00
Aug 29 2024 03:58pm
Quote (dropship @ Aug 29 2024 02:58pm)
without using any calculator, I would try shopping for this shield in act 2

I know the "large shield" can be shopped in act2 normal -> so I would try act2 hell to search for "hyperion shield"

That thought occurred to me also my man, I’ll give it a shot
Gold: 1.00
Aug 29 2024 10:40pm
Quote (MechanicMitch @ Aug 29 2024 04:10pm)
Actually that’s what I’ve been doing while farming cows and pits, making the game Nd 3os Hyperion etc etc

I wanted to make a Sanctuary, but with a shield that has the same or lower lvl req’s as the runeword itself. And it seems like the Hyperion shield is the most efficient, level wise, strength wise and defence wise, and -frw speed penalty wise, and honestly I love the look

Im basically after it for the sanctuary rw because I’m building a twinked Javazon. I’ve been trying to optimize gear at different lvl’s. Like 1-15, 15-30, 30-50 range. Yes I know it’s frivolous, but I’m bored of end game, and between the Java and Pally, I’m just wanting to get that ultra cheese for those levels and trying to find that optimized cheese gear for those early levels

for utility i advice a troll nest for base, but with the level req you mentionted, hyperion seems like a good choice. afaik you cant shop them easily (maybe a low level char with lvl<20 in Hell A3-5 has chances): you can only shop elite items from A3 Hell onwards, not before. ilvl for shopped items is Clvl+5 (with a cap on normal) and with ilvl>24, vendors will only sell magic items (at least that is what i found with quick googling). so you will probably be better off just running high density areas in Hell with low mf (e.g. cows) to get any 3sox or plain hyperion: no matter the item level, every Hyperion has a max of 3 sox. so you can either spend a socket quest or just find a few and go for cube socketing
Gold: 651.00
Aug 30 2024 08:41am
That’s what i came across too, shopping the Char lvl +5 etc, I just wasn’t sure if it was possible to shop elite items in act3 that were normal, not magic etc
Thank you man for confirming my findings as well. Appreciate it
Gold: 174.33
Aug 30 2024 11:12am
Quote (MechanicMitch @ Aug 29 2024 02:18pm)
Thanks fellas, so…farm Area levels 64 with monster = item level of 64? Like nm cows
I want to try shopping for one also, that’s where I’m confused more so..

No don't farm there, most of the cows there don't have access to TC 66, only TC 60.

Quote (MechanicMitch @ Aug 29 2024 06:23pm)
So I still have the question for anyone who might be able to answer me:

Shopping for a Hyperion / elite base, how do I find out if:
A. I even can or not
B. If I can, how do I do it? Does my character have to be at a specific level in hell or NM or specific vendor?

No. When ilvl is 25+ (i.e. character level is 20+), vendors will no longer offer normal and socketed item, only magic. Vendors in Act 1 and 2 Normal will always offer normal and socketed items due to the 12 and 20 ilvl cap respectively.

There are drop calculators out there that you can check, such as silospen and maxroll. Make sure you use them so you don't waste time killing monsters that can't drop certain items.

This post was edited by piatek on Aug 30 2024 11:41am
Go Back To Diablo 2 Discussion Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll