d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > MMORPG > Guild Wars 1 & 2 > Fastest Way To Lvl Up?
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Price Check New Topic New Poll
Gold: 212.00
Jul 7 2013 08:47am
Crafting is no longer the fastest way to level at all
Crafting is also expensive as fuck and G'Luck getting ot 60th through crafting alone unless you have pre-existing characters and a lot of gold to dump in to it

The best way to level is to run the Kessex Hills event chain, directly south of Fort Salma
There is a BIG reason why that area is always flooded with players, here is why:

* Starts with Centaur Bridge Repair siege ~ 100s of centaurs offer you easy 1 hit snag XP, use your XP boosters here, just make sure you use AoE attacks and hit as many as possible before they die, to ensure XP gain
It throws out veterans and champions (makes completing dailies and monthlies easy) ~ obviously you get event XP reward

* Goes to Centaur Encampment, 3 Veteran Centaurs are killed quickly by the group ~ easy event XP reward

* Goes to Centaur Champion ~ Group mobs him, he goes down in 2 minutes or less, easily ~ easy event XP reward, free monthly Champ kill counts

* Now the chain starts over at Centaur Bridge Repair Siege, it'll take about 5 minutes to restart which isn't bad at all considering the above 3 events are instantaneous, after one event ends, the other begins
During this 5 minute down-time, usually the nearby lake spawns a Krait event repeatedly, the group usually runs there and gets more easy event XP
It also has a small Seraph fort that is west of the Bridge Siege event that will spawn 2 different events from time to time, when it happens, the group runs over and grabs easy event XP

The events are constant and do not stop in this event string
If you do it right, you can always ensure the event XP reward simply by running over to one event, kill 2-3 centaurs and leave before the event ends and walk over to a different one, do the same thing
Even if you walk away from an event, you will still get the reward XP for participating when that event ends

You also make a shit load of gold by doing this instead of wasting it all on crafting
Gold: 150.00
Jul 7 2013 03:41pm
Quote (TSBoyer @ Jul 7 2013 09:47am)
Crafting is also expensive as fuck and G'Luck getting ot 60th through crafting alone unless you have pre-existing characters and a lot of gold to dump in to it

The best way to level is to run the Kessex Hills event chain, directly south of Fort Salma
There is a BIG reason why that area is always flooded with players, here is why:

* Starts with Centaur Bridge Repair siege ~ 100s of centaurs offer you easy 1 hit snag XP, use your XP boosters here, just make sure you use AoE attacks and hit as many as possible before they die, to ensure XP gain
It throws out veterans and champions (makes completing dailies and monthlies easy) ~ obviously you get event XP reward

* Goes to Centaur Encampment, 3 Veteran Centaurs are killed quickly by the group ~ easy event XP reward

* Goes to Centaur Champion ~ Group mobs him, he goes down in 2 minutes or less, easily ~ easy event XP reward, free monthly Champ kill counts

* Now the chain starts over at Centaur Bridge Repair Siege, it'll take about 5 minutes to restart which isn't bad at all considering the above 3 events are instantaneous, after one event ends, the other begins
During this 5 minute down-time, usually the nearby lake spawns a Krait event repeatedly, the group usually runs there and gets more easy event XP
It also has a small Seraph fort that is west of the Bridge Siege event that will spawn 2 different events from time to time, when it happens, the group runs over and grabs easy event XP

If you do it right, you can always ensure the event XP reward simply by running over to one event, kill 2-3 centaurs and leave before the event ends and walk over to a different one, do the same thing
Even if you walk away from an event, you will still get the reward XP for participating when that event ends

You also make a shit load of gold by doing this instead of wasting it all on crafting

For the love of Jebuz stop posting.
Gold: 2,685.00
Jul 7 2013 05:06pm
Quote (TSBoyer @ Jul 7 2013 10:47am)

Pretty sure ill reach 80 doing crafting before you reach 80 doing those events. It won't be cheaper but there's no way you'll be beating me time wise.
Gold: 1,638.30
Jul 7 2013 05:36pm
Quote (TSBoyer @ Jul 7 2013 05:47pm)

and this be grinding
Gold: 5,168.97
Jul 9 2013 10:25am
Quote (TSBoyer @ Jul 7 2013 04:47pm)

Seems like a nice way to level, but I don't see anybody actually doing it...
Gold: 277.00
Jul 9 2013 02:05pm
Quote (Viona @ Jul 9 2013 11:25am)
Seems like a nice way to level, but I don't see anybody actually doing it...

Too bad people actually do this already...and have been doing it for months.
Jul 12 2013 09:01pm
QUOTE=Overdoses,Jul 7 2013 05:41pm --> For the love of Jebuz stop posting.

At least I help people in a forum designed to help people, rather than tell people to stop posting

QUOTE=DJ_HyDrA,Jul 7 2013 07:06pm --> Pretty sure ill reach 80 doing crafting before you reach 80 doing those events. It won't be cheaper but there's no way you'll be beating me time wise.

Not everyone has the gold to blow on crafting a character to 80th

QUOTE=lettu,Jul 7 2013 07:36pm --> and this be grinding

Every game that is based on gaining character levels, has grinding
Always has, always will

QUOTE=Viona,Jul 9 2013 12:25pm --> Seems like a nice way to level, but I don't see anybody actually doing it...

You must be playing on a dead server
Watch the video

Gold: 0.00
Jul 12 2013 10:02pm
lol
Gold: 208,274.67
Jul 13 2013 07:51am
Quote (TSBoyer @ 13 Jul 2013 05:01)
QUOTE=Overdoses,Jul 7 2013 05:41pm --> For the love of Jebuz stop posting.

At least I help people in a forum designed to help people, rather than tell people to stop posting

QUOTE=DJ_HyDrA,Jul 7 2013 07:06pm --> Pretty sure ill reach 80 doing crafting before you reach 80 doing those events. It won't be cheaper but there's no way you'll be beating me time wise.

Not everyone has the gold to blow on crafting a character to 80th

QUOTE=lettu,Jul 7 2013 07:36pm --> and this be grinding

Every game that is based on gaining character levels, has grinding
Always has, always will

QUOTE=Viona,Jul 9 2013 12:25pm --> Seems like a nice way to level, but I don't see anybody actually doing it...

You must be playing on a dead server
Watch the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PR-TmM32H8o

Took me 5 hours to buy/craft everything up 80(level up to 30 then craft).
Last time it cost me about 20g.
Farming 20g is like 3 hours.

Doesn't seem very efficient to me.
And I'd rather do CoF farming instead of silly events on your own.

This post was edited by eekzie on Jul 13 2013 07:51am
Jul 13 2013 08:29am
Quote (eekzie @ Jul 13 2013 09:51am)
Took me 5 hours to buy/craft everything up 80(level up to 30 then craft).
Last time it cost me about 20g.
Farming 20g is like 3 hours.

Doesn't seem very efficient to me.
And I'd rather do CoF farming instead of silly events on your own.

No, things have changed in recent patches
This video explains literally everything about crafting to profession levels 400 and character level 80th
The estimated cost to level a character to 80th through crafting, is 70 to 80 gold

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l73V5s9gU

I want to stress again
That not everyone has 70 - 80 gold to craft their way to level 80

This post was edited by TSBoyer on Jul 13 2013 08:30am
Go Back To Guild Wars 1 & 2 Topic List
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Price Check New Topic New Poll