d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > World Football - Soccer > Manchester United > Match & General Discussion
Prev18548558568578583159Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Banned
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 20%
Dec 9 2013 09:14am
Quote (ZK9GT @ 9 Dec 2013 16:00)
but you know he lives in the states right? what does that have to do with were he's from?

U.S. shits on Denmark and makes it look like a 3rd world country. but it must be paradise for you since you are a middle eastern and all.

Im danish and live in denmark, what has that to do with villages ?
U.S is full of debt and is about to go down, Denmark is the paradise here lmfao.

get back to school
Banned
Gold: 4,043.00
Warn: 10%
Dec 9 2013 10:32am
While many Manchester United fans struggle to cope with their team’s decline in fortunes, one United fan in Kenya gave up all together.

John Jimmy Macharia committed suicide in Nairobi, Kenya, on Saturday after learning that Manchester United had lost to Newcastle United that same day. He jumped from the seventh floor of a building and died from his injuries, according to Standard Digital.

“According to Nairobi County police chief Benson Kibue, Macharia told his friends he could not stand and watch the team beaten in a row before he leapt down dying on the spot,” the report says.

Macharia was 23.

The report adds that he cautioned young people in Nairobi against getting too “emotional” over the Premier League.

“It is not the first time we are losing a young man because of the football in England, which is far away from us. They need to know that is just a game,” Kibue said.
United’s 1-0 loss to Newcastle was its second defeat in four days, marking another setback in what has been a difficult first season in the post-Sir Alex Ferguson era. After 15 games, United trails league-leading Arsenal by 13 points and fourth-place Manchester City by seven.

Many think United has no chance of defending the league title it won last season, but David Moyes, who replaced Ferguson as manager last summer, believes the Red Devils are still contenders for domestic supremacy, according to the BBC.

“I stand firm we will be very close,” Moyes said after the Newcastle defeat. “I hope we are in it at the end of the season.”

Although United might lose the league championship and even miss out on next season’s UEFA Champions League, Moyes thinks the fans are still on his side.
“The United fans have been great,” Moyes added. “Great to me, and great to the club.

“They understand there is a big transition going on here. I don’t think they, or me, expected us to have lost five games at this time of the season, but I think they understand totally that there is a change going on.”

It’s unknown if Macharia jumped to his death before, or after, Moyes’ postgame comments.

This is just the most recent instance of Premier League fans in Eastern Africa taking things too far. Last month, an Arsenal fan in Uganda lost his house in a bet with a Manchester United-supporting friend when United beat the Gunners in a league game at Old Trafford.

See NTV Kenya’s report in the video below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTvvOAmP88c

:mellow:
Gold: 24,718.50
Dec 9 2013 10:36am
Quote (Pozer @ 9 Dec 2013 18:32)

Good morning

United should get kicked from epl and uefa cuz playing so bad

This post was edited by Hore_to_the_t on Dec 9 2013 10:38am
Banned
Gold: 10.00
Warn: 30%
Dec 9 2013 10:49am
Quote (ZK9GT @ Dec 9 2013 05:00pm)
but you know he lives in the states right? what does that have to do with were he's from?

U.S. shits on Denmark and makes it look like a 3rd world country. but it must be paradise for you since you are a middle eastern and all.

u.s=third world
denmark=first world

Quote (Pozer @ Dec 9 2013 06:32pm)

united will make the euro league B)

This post was edited by Schweini on Dec 9 2013 10:50am
Gold: 1,333.00
Dec 9 2013 11:15am
Considering buying waw's village and selling it into prostitution. Bad investment imo, but worth it.
Banned
Gold: 4,043.00
Dec 9 2013 02:56pm
United have slumped to successive home defeats in the Premier League in the last week, leaving them in ninth place, 13 points behind leaders Arsenal.

"I take complete responsibility for the results, fortunately they've been good in the Champions League but not in the Premier League so I take responsibility for them as well and I would like them to be much better, and I've got no doubt they will," said Moyes.

"The players aren't happy because they're used to winning and when they don't win, that hurts them.

"They care very much, about their team, about their club, and they'll respond in the right way, I've got no doubt about that."

United host Shakhtar Donetsk in the UEFA Champions League on Tuesday needing only a point to secure top spot in Group A, although Marouane Fellaini, Patrice Evra, Nemanja Vidic and Chris Smalling all missed training on Monday, with Michael Carrick definitely ruled out and Darren Fletcher unregistered for Europe.

"It's important (to top the group) to give ourselves the best possible chance in the next round," he added.

"But the big job was to make sure we qualified from the group, that part is done, so hopefully we can finish off the group unbeaten, if we do that then that will see us through.

"We've been inconsistent at times and we've played very well in some games in the Champions League, not so well in the Premier League games, albeit we've lacked a little bit of good fortune in one of two games which made the difference.

"It's tough because the expectancy is to win all the games.

"I think there's a bit of everything. We'd like to generally play better, we'd like to pass better, create more chances, and defend better when those moments arise.

"I think it's all round we're trying to improve, but it was only a few weeks ago we beat Arsenal, we beat Leverkusen, we were talking very well about the team."
Cheers Dave.
Gold: 38,692.42
Dec 9 2013 03:36pm
Quote (Schweini @ Dec 9 2013 11:49am)
u.s=third world
denmark=first world

united will make the euro league B)

You all are so dumb :smh:

Quote (waw @ Dec 9 2013 10:14am)
Im danish and live in denmark, what has that to do with villages ?
U.S is full of debt and is about to go down, Denmark is the paradise here lmfao.

get back to school

LOL
Warn: 30%
Dec 9 2013 04:46pm
Quote (Roped @ 9 Dec 2013 22:36)
You all are so dumb

LOL

there's nothing "funny" or "dumb" about these statements though. i mean usa is obviously NOT third world but i think that was just an exaggeration and a direct response to the ludicrous statement that "U.S. shits on Denmark and makes it look like a 3rd world country."
because in reality denmark is the higher developed country and in most relevant categories (education, employment, healthcare, happiness, crime, culture) at least a step ahead...

Banned
Warn: 20%
Dec 9 2013 06:17pm
Quote (fender @ 9 Dec 2013 23:46)
there's nothing "funny" or "dumb" about these statements though. i mean usa is obviously NOT third world but i think that was just an exaggeration and a direct response to the ludicrous statement that "U.S. shits on Denmark and makes it look like a 3rd world country."
because in reality denmark is the higher developed country and in most relevant categories (education, employment, healthcare, happiness, crime, culture) at least a step ahead...

headshot
Gold: 19,610.00
Dec 9 2013 07:03pm
Yea because a Country with a population of 300+ million can easily be compared to a country with a population with only 5+million

lol wow

Like i said 3rd world.

This post was edited by ZK9GT on Dec 9 2013 07:04pm
Go Back To World Football - Soccer Topic List
Prev18548558568578583159Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll