d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > World Football - Soccer > Manchester United > Match & General Discussion
Prev17627637647657663159Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2.00
Oct 2 2013 06:50am
Quote (Pozer @ Oct 2 2013 08:23pm)
I'm supporting the club, I just don't like what Moyes is doing and he doesn't help himself - the stuff he comes out with at press conferences is very small time and embarrassing.
I want him to succeed, but the signs are not encouraging.

its still very early days.
i for one do not have any high expectations for this season except mount a title challenge.
sacking him will turn utd into the same club like shitty, chelski. will also send the wrong signal to the players that they hold the power to the manager's job. perform badly and the manager goes.
This was wad made saf legendary. players knew if they under perform, they will be the ones going. not the manager.
Gold: 230.00
Oct 2 2013 08:18am
Eventho Man Utd are struggling atm, sacking Moyes isn't an option imo. It's still way too early and besides there isn't a better alternative atm. Besides, i suggest people check out Utd history. At the begining of his reign Fergie was one game away from sack at one point,whem they were in a relegation race. Only a vital win (against Palace?) made the borad give him some more time. And we all know now how that panned out.
I'm not saying Moyes is capable of following simillar path, but the guy still needs time. He's a new manager with new system and methods who's changing things around. And it's not that quick nor easy to change something that was going for almost 30 years.
Banned
Gold: 4,043.00
Warn: 10%
Oct 2 2013 08:58am
Quote (vygax @ Oct 2 2013 03:18pm)
Eventho Man Utd are struggling atm, sacking Moyes isn't an option imo. It's still way too early and besides there isn't a better alternative atm. Besides, i suggest people check out Utd history. At the begining of his reign Fergie was one game away from sack at one point,whem they were in a relegation race. Only a vital win (against Palace?) made the borad give him some more time. And we all know now how that panned out.
I'm not saying Moyes is capable of following simillar path, but the guy still needs time. He's a new manager with new system and methods who's changing things around. And it's not that quick nor easy to change something that was going for almost 30 years.
No one is talking about sacking Moyes.
Besides Sir Alex's start couldn't be any more different - he broke the Old Firm dominance in Scotland with Aberdeen and won an European Cup with them before coming to United, who were a struggling middle table side, while Moyes has a title winning squad at his disposal and huge transfer budget.
Gold: 1,333.00
Oct 2 2013 09:20am
I saw that moyes is being given £50 mill in January to sign two randoms in Herrera and whoever else.

United should use a 451

Rvp
Rooney Shinji
Young? Fellaini Nani
Defense.
De gay.

Nothorriblebutstillneedbetterwingers/defenders.gif
Banned
Oct 2 2013 09:28am
Quote (Edgard @ Oct 2 2013 04:20pm)
I saw that moyes is being given £50 mill in January to sign two randoms in Herrera and whoever else.

United should use a 451

Rvp
        Rooney Shinji
Young? Fellaini Nani
            Defense.
            De gay.

Nothorriblebutstillneedbetterwingers/defenders.gif
Thanks, but no thanks, we have our brightest minds working the new tactics already, mate.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/07/25/article-2378191-1AD5E2E0000005DC-200_634x317.jpg
Oct 2 2013 09:54am
Quote (Pozer @ Oct 2 2013 02:58pm)
No one is talking about sacking Moyes.
Besides Sir Alex's start couldn't be any more different - he broke the Old Firm dominance in Scotland with Aberdeen and won an European Cup with them before coming to United, who were a struggling middle table side, while Moyes has a title winning squad at his disposal and huge transfer budget.

that still doesn't change the fact Fergie almost got sacked, cuz he was failing to deliver in the begining. I know where u're coming from, but still i don't think Moyes should be pressured already. Replacing Fergie would be a daunting task to any manager in the world, let alone a guy who hasn't really managed at the highest level yet. Besides, eventho he inherited a winning side, i think not many people would say that Utd currently have enough class to be considered favourites. Especially when u look at other clubs and signings/improvements they made.
Banned
Oct 2 2013 10:17am
Quote (vygax @ Oct 2 2013 04:54pm)
that still doesn't change the fact Fergie almost got sacked, cuz he was failing to deliver in the begining. I know where u're coming from, but still i don't think Moyes should be pressured already. Replacing Fergie would be a daunting task to any manager in the world, let alone a guy who hasn't really managed at the highest level yet. Besides, eventho he inherited a winning side,  i think not many people would say that Utd currently have enough class to be considered favourites. Especially when u look at other clubs and signings/improvements they made.
I wouldn't even mind the results at the moment if the style of play was actually good, but we're playing utterly boring football and there's no promise of improvement any time soon- no goals from open play in the league in last 6 weeks says it all.
Banned
Oct 2 2013 10:21am
Look at City for example - they utterly annihilated us and even if they lost to Villa, they were actually quite good and play great football, they would've won that game 99 out of 100 times, same against Cardiff.
Jose is imposing his style with Chelsea as well and they're playing better game by game, they were excellent against Spurs in the second half and very good yesterday.
United have nothing.
Oct 2 2013 10:26am
Quote (Pozer @ Oct 2 2013 04:17pm)
I wouldn't even mind the results at the moment if the style of play was actually good, but we're playing utterly boring football and there's no promise of improvement any time soon- no goals from open play in the league in last 6 weeks says it all.

Everybody hit's a rough patch sooner or later. As i said, changes sometimes can be hard at first, but rewarding later. Or it could be that Moyes is from that group of players/managers who can exceed expectations with smaller teams, but are unable to take that next step to be among the elite. Only time will tell, but as a Utd fan all u can do now is hope that it's the first scenario. ;)
Oct 2 2013 10:31am
Quote (Pozer @ Oct 2 2013 04:21pm)
Look at City for example - they utterly annihilated us and even if they lost to Villa, they were actually quite good and play great football, they would've won that game 99 out of 100 times, same against Cardiff.
Jose is imposing his style with Chelsea as well and they're playing better game by game, they were excellent against Spurs in the second half and very good yesterday.
United have nothing.

U couldargue as much as u want, but atm City has a much better squad (in terms of talent) of players. Utd only have 2 world class talents atm, and one seems to be having some sort of mental issues. The rest of the team is full of has beens or not quite good enoughs for the club of this caliber.
And also, Jose is Jose. Don't put him in the same category as Moyes. It's a sin. Mourinho knows what pressure is and what it takes to win, Moyes is inexperienced as fuck compared to him.
Go Back To World Football - Soccer Topic List
Prev17627637647657663159Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll