d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > World Football - Soccer > Manchester United > Match & General Discussion
Prev17187197207217223159Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Banned
Gold: 4,043.00
Warn: 10%
Sep 4 2013 01:24pm
Quote (zarkadon @ Sep 4 2013 07:23pm)
Obviously the guys who were willing to pay 36M€ for him...

And people here do rate him quite highly... I mean he is good, but just very inconsistent. He's not as young anymore and he still hasn't made it to the national team.
Neither has Illasomethingsomething and Herrara is already thrice the player he ever will be.
Gold: 3,900.00
Sep 4 2013 01:47pm
Quote (Pozer @ 4 Sep 2013 20:24)
Neither has Illasomethingsomething and Herrara is already thrice the player he ever will be.

Lets be honest, you didn't know Herrera (what a shame, you couldn't even spell his name :( ) before the deadline day.

This post was edited by Zaop on Sep 4 2013 01:48pm
Banned
Sep 4 2013 01:51pm
Quote (Zaop @ Sep 4 2013 08:47pm)
Lets be honest, you didn't know Herrera (what a shame, you couldn't even spell his name  :( ) before the deadline day.
I knew him from the EL tie, he's one of the stand out players alongside Martinez, Muniain and De Marcos.
Gold: 2,570.91
Sep 4 2013 03:44pm
Quote (Mr_Mill @ Sep 4 2013 08:52pm)
Wouldn't really mind that because he's a spanish midfielder, Cazorla still gets subbed on alot and Arteta hasn't even played a single game :(

Yeah, I don't really understand why Arteta was never called. But, I mean, other play makers like Thiago, Beñat or Koke have been called, but Ander wasn't. Del Bosque likes giving a cap or two to youngsters so they get to know how la Roja works, in case they eventually become good enough to be called on a regular basis. Arteta is unfortuately too old; I doubt Del Bosque will ever call him (which is sad and unfair imo).

Quote (Pozer @ Sep 4 2013 09:24pm)

Well, Illarra was unknown 2 years ago. He has progressed a lot during these last 2 years, just like many other of la Real's players. In 2010 that team promoted to primera, the following year they avoided relegation in the last game, now they are playing the CL with almost the same players (8 of the players that played in Lyon were there in Segunda).

Ander Herrera on the other hand has been considered a promising talent for years. Maybe he was unknown outside of Spain, but he was always highly rated here. Athletic even paid 9M€ for him 3 years ago.
Banned
Sep 5 2013 04:29am
Quote (zarkadon @ Sep 4 2013 10:44pm)
Yeah, I don't really understand why Arteta was never called. But, I mean, other play makers like Thiago, Beñat or Koke have been called, but Ander wasn't. Del Bosque likes giving a cap or two to youngsters so they get to know how la Roja works, in case they eventually become good enough to be called on a regular basis. Arteta is unfortuately too old; I doubt Del Bosque will ever call him (which is sad and unfair imo).

Well, Illarra was unknown 2 years ago. He has progressed a lot during these last 2 years, just like many other of la Real's players. In 2010 that team promoted to primera, the following year they avoided relegation in the last game, now they are playing the CL with almost the same players (8 of the players that played in Lyon were there in Segunda).

Ander Herrera on the other hand has been considered a promising talent for years. Maybe he was unknown outside of Spain, but he was always highly rated here. Athletic even paid 9M€ for him 3 years ago.
I can see Moyes coming back in January for Herrera.
Why Bilbao won't budge, they should bite United's hand off and drive him to Carrington by themselves if United offer £30m again.
Banned
Sep 5 2013 04:37am
Rumours surfaced suggesting Van Persie had not been impressed by Moyes' reign so far after replacing Sir Alex Ferguson at the helm of the Premier League champions.

However, the Dutchman, who is away on international duty with Holland, has moved to dispel the rumours and insists he is enjoying working under former Everton manager Moyes.

"It's great working with the new manager David Moyes," Van Persie is quoted as saying in De Telegraaf.

"He has his own style and methods and I like these.

"We are working very hard from the day we started our tour to Asia and Australia. This will result in good matches, that's for sure. There is a very good atmosphere at the club.

"I'm happy with the style of Moyes. He does his own training sessions, he's close with the players and prepares us with his staff very well for the next opponent. That keeps us in shape.

"Luckily, because the title of last year gave us hunger for more."

Can see this being the truth - Moyes has won nothing in his carrer so far bar the Community Shield and the football is pretty turgid - no clear cut chances created in the last two games.
Sep 5 2013 05:21am
Quote (Pozer @ Sep 5 2013 12:29pm)
I can see Moyes coming back in January for Herrera.
Why Bilbao won't budge, they should bite United's hand off and drive him to Carrington by themselves if United offer £30m again.

they don't need the money though since they can only buy Basque players
Banned
Sep 5 2013 05:22am
Quote (zarkadon @ Sep 5 2013 12:21pm)
they don't need the money though since they can only buy Basque players
Clearly they do if everyone wants to leave them as they can win more and get paid more in bigger clubs.
Besides with extra money they could've improved their academy etc
Sep 5 2013 05:49am
Quote (Pozer @ Sep 5 2013 01:22pm)
Clearly they do if everyone wants to leave them as they can win more and get paid more in bigger clubs.
Besides with extra money they could've improved their academy etc

Well they already made 40M€ when they sold Javi Martínez, that should be enough to improve their academy and training facilities (which are already top level).

Don't get me wrong, if I were them I'd be glad to see Ander leave for 30M€, but I can understand that making money out of transfers isn't a priority for them. I mean, look at what they did with Llorente, they prefered to let him rot for his last year of contract, in order to prevent other players from wanting to leave them, than selling him for 30M€.
Banned
Gold: 10.00
Warn: 30%
Sep 5 2013 06:13am
Quote (zarkadon @ Sep 5 2013 01:49pm)
Well they already made 40M€ when they sold Javi Martínez, that should be enough to improve their academy and training facilities (which are already top level).

Don't get me wrong, if I were them I'd be glad to see Ander leave for 30M€, but I can understand that making money out of transfers isn't a priority for them. I mean, look at what they did with Llorente, they prefered to let him rot for his last year of contract, in order to prevent other players from wanting to leave them, than selling him for 30M€.

true ^^
they really dont need to sell players

only club that can afford actions like that
everyone else would have sold llorente for the money
Go Back To World Football - Soccer Topic List
Prev17187197207217223159Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll