d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > World Football - Soccer > Juventus Fc > Official Discussion, Love, Hate, Rage.
Prev14647484950376Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Jan 27 2010 11:52am
Quote (DJVIP @ Jan 27 2010 06:09pm)
Lmao thats fucking epic :rofl: Would buy one if i could find a Liverpool one :(

ofc yes

i have an entire room dedicated to liverpool :P

from flags, bed covers, pillow covers, shirts, etc...
Gold: 73.71
Jan 29 2010 03:52pm
Alberto Zaccheroni new Juventus coach!

Fucking welcome, is all I can say, and hopefully Juve can now move in the right direction, salvage some of this season.

Juventus have appointed Alberto Zaccheroni until June 2010, the club said on it's official website.

Zaccheroni has replaced Ciro Ferrara, who was informed of the club's decision on Friday afternoon. The former Milan, Inter and Udinese coach will take charge until the end of the season. He is expected to help the club climb up from their slide and ensure they finish in the top four.

A statement on the club's official website reads:

"Zaccheroni is the new Juventus coach.

"From today Juventus have a new coach: Alberto Zaccheroni. Across a statement, the Bianconeri have announced to have relieved Ciro Ferrara from his duties and to name the Romagnolo tactician who has signed a contract until June 2010.

"Zaccheroni will take the team's training session at Vinovo from 15:00CET. At 17:00CET he will presented officially to the press."

A poor run of results along with elimination from the Coppa Italia, Champions League and Scudetto race have seen the axe fall on Ferrara as first team coach.

Zaccheroni is at Vinovo, the club's training headquarters. He arrived with directors Roberto Bettega, and Alessio Secco. Ferrara is also at the training ground, according to Sky Sport Italia.

New Juventus coach Alberto Zaccheroni has been presented at the club following his first training session in command on Friday.

The 56-year-old took over the reigns from Ciro Ferrara, who was let go following the Coppa Italia exit at the hands of Inter. The Bianconeri have performed below expectations this season, sitting sixth in Serie A and also being eliminated from the Champions League at the group stages.

"It's time to turn the page, but I recognise the previous work, because Juventus offer a winning [brand of] football," Zaccheroni said to the press, according to Il Corriere dello Sport.

"I like challenges, starting a new cycle. The staff is very important and I don't know how many teams are superior to Juve. I'll bring my expertise, but mostly I believe I will be able to meet this challenge."

The new man went said that the squad had been very accommodating and have given him a warm welcome.

"The welcome was good,” he said. “The first reaction of the team? Not a single player had a negative attitude."

It may be his first day on the job, but Zaccheroni is well aware of the size of the task he faces and what is expected of him.

"It's a major challenge for a club that has made football history in Italy and around the world and for me it's a real honour to be entrusted with the management of this situation. The objective is entering the top four in the league. The minimum target for this year is entry into the Champions League."

Juventus are currently in the midst of the worst sequence of results in the
club's history and Zaccheroni said his first task would be to instil a winning mentality back into the squad.

"I will try to intervene on the technical and tactical aspects, but at the moment the main issue is the psychological aspect," he said. "What we can do better? Why [Felipe] Melo and Diego are not playing as expected?"

Finally, the new coach added that he hoped to stay beyond the end of his short-term contract.

"I accepted the job with great enthusiasm. For me it's a source of pride to be here. Juventus are a top club. To coach and sit on the bench of Juventus is the best job around and I will try to convince them to keep me beyond June 30."

Zaccheroni's greatest success came at AC Milan, when he won the Scudetto in 1999. He has also had stints at Udinese, Lazio, Inter, and Torino among other clubs.
Gold: 106,766.80
Jan 29 2010 08:07pm
Alberto Zaccheroni new Juventus coach!

Fucking welcome, is all I can say, and hopefully Juve can now move in the right direction, salvage some of this season.

Vouch on this one, my heart is allmost bleeding, do the long and bad period we had..!

Rly rly hope they can be the italian top team again, and this should be from next season, but only time can tell..!
Banned
Warn: 20%
Jan 29 2010 11:07pm
Quote (Panic77 @ Jan 29 2010 08:07pm)
Vouch on this one, my heart is allmost bleeding, do the long and bad period we had..!

Rly rly hope they can be the italian top team again, and this should be from next season, but only time can tell..!

coach is not your problem
your offense sucks massive D*ck
sell aquinti or w.e his name is/Trezequet/Del piero and buy someone who is actually constant scorer like
Pazzini :drool:

P.S Diego can't push Juve by himself

This post was edited by Neuer on Jan 29 2010 11:08pm
Jan 29 2010 11:15pm
Quote (Neuer @ Jan 30 2010 12:07am)
coach is not your problem
your offense sucks massive D*ck
sell aquinti or w.e his name is/Trezequet/Del piero and buy someone who is actually constant scorer like
Pazzini :drool:

P.S Diego can't push Juve by himself

Maybe so, but the defense hasn't impressed either.
Camoranesi injured, as is Giovinco, Candreva not yet settled into sqaud. Those are wingers.
Iaquinta injured from forever, Trezegol back and forth, Amauri is a pile of Dog shit, Del Piero plagued this year with injuries.

It is not all about the coach, but if you watched Juventus this year, it is as if they've never played football, they can't string more than three passes together and they have no damn communication or leadership.

Edit- Coaching change is just the beginning.

This post was edited by kbk on Jan 29 2010 11:15pm
Banned
Warn: 20%
Jan 29 2010 11:23pm
Quote (kbk @ Jan 29 2010 11:15pm)
Maybe so, but the defense hasn't impressed either.
Camoranesi injured, as is Giovinco, Candreva not yet settled into sqaud. Those are wingers.
Iaquinta injured from forever, Trezegol back and forth, Amauri is a pile of Dog shit, Del Piero plagued this year with injuries.

It is not all about the coach, but if you watched Juventus this year, it is as if they've never played football, they can't string more than three passes together and they have no damn communication or leadership.

Edit- Coaching change is just the beginning.

ofc injuries lead to problems but most matches where lost due to lack of goals
:O
Jan 30 2010 11:51am
Quote (Neuer @ Jan 30 2010 12:23am)
ofc injuries lead to problems but most matches where lost due to lack of goals
:O

Hard to score with no wingers, Amauri sucking big balls this season.
Like you said, Diego can't do it all himself.
Gold: 10.75
Jan 30 2010 12:31pm
Barcelona to buy unsettled Diego.
Gold: 1,455.50
Jan 30 2010 12:43pm
Quote (wowbetter @ Jan 27 2010 12:52pm)
ofc yes

i have an entire room dedicated to liverpool :P

from flags, bed covers, pillow covers, shirts, etc...

sounds like pozers christmas list for manchester united
Jan 30 2010 01:11pm
Quote (Sunshines @ Jan 30 2010 01:31pm)
Barcelona to buy unsettled Diego.

No, :rofl:
Go Back To World Football - Soccer Topic List
Prev14647484950376Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll