d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > World Football - Soccer > Champions League 2016/2017 Official Thread
Prev14142434445112Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Nov 24 2016 10:09am
Quote (excellence @ Nov 24 2016 04:06pm)
hmm thought it was a term for a bundle of sticks. or a cigarette?

Nah a cigarette is a fag not faggot.

And I didn't know the other one, learn something new everyday eh.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faggot_(unit)
Gold: 4,383.11
Nov 24 2016 10:40am
silly english, typical really
Warn: 30%
Nov 24 2016 11:00am
Quote (zarkadon @ 24 Nov 2016 16:25)
I think the issue is that you are associating the stereotypical negative traits of a homosexual to these players. Even if it's unintentional, technically you are indirectly implying that the diving, card waving and "wimp behaviour" you mention is something homosexuals do, or at least that it's a behaviour that is more fitting to them than on the rest of the world.

fair enough, that IS a valid point and i can see how it could offend some people i never meant to offend.
that being said, i clearly specified WHO and WHAT i meant, and since i'm not running for public office or writing a formal letter, i'm not gonna censor my speech / language in a way that i consider ridiculous - especially since i'm not using the word excessively to begin with - and NEVER used it to describe homosexuals (well maybe inadvertently but not while talking about their sexuality).

so y'all better stop being such pussies (i know, i know... "misogynistic" and "felinophobe") now and spare me that oversensitive pc bullshit.

not only because it's ridiculous, the ACTUAL bigots "justify" their use of these words against certain groups by arguing that the "liberals" are trying to censor their language and that they "can't say anything anymore", so calling people names based on their race or sexuality is just "saying it like it is" and "not being politically correct".
one more reason not to be a part of this pc culture to show there IS a difference between using a somewhat offensive term to insult a person for their bad choices / behaviour on the one hand, and discriminating against a specific group of people for something they had no choice in on the other hand.

Quote (WNxIrvine @ 24 Nov 2016 16:45)
Dated term. Used for a delicious, yet stupidly cheap food.

http://cdn.pinknews.co.uk/images/2013/01/4-Faggots.jpg

My family were paupers when I was growing up, we lived on things like this. -_-

looks like meat balls...
Gold: 600.69
Nov 24 2016 11:41am
:lol:
Gold: 2,570.91
Nov 24 2016 11:50am
Quote (fender @ 24 Nov 2016 18:00)
fair enough, that IS a valid point and i can see how it could offend some people i never meant to offend.
that being said, i clearly specified WHO and WHAT i meant, and since i'm not running for public office or writing a formal letter, i'm not gonna censor my speech / language in a way that i consider ridiculous - especially since i'm not using the word excessively to begin with - and NEVER used it to describe homosexuals (well maybe inadvertently but not while talking about their sexuality).

so y'all better stop being such pussies (i know, i know... "misogynistic" and "felinophobe") now and spare me that oversensitive pc bullshit.

not only because it's ridiculous, the ACTUAL bigots "justify" their use of these words against certain groups by arguing that the "liberals" are trying to censor their language and that they "can't say anything anymore", so calling people names based on their race or sexuality is just "saying it like it is" and "not being politically correct".
one more reason not to be a part of this pc culture to show there IS a difference between using a somewhat offensive term to insult a person for their bad choices / behaviour on the one hand, and discriminating against a specific group of people for something they had no choice in on the other hand.

looks like meat balls...

As far as I'm concerned you can use whatever politically incorrect slurs you want, I can tell when someone is being racist, homophobic, etc and when they aren't, and tbh I couldn't care less about your choice of words. Just pointing out why some people might be offended by the use of these terms.
Nov 24 2016 12:05pm
Quote (zarkadon @ 24 Nov 2016 18:50)
As far as I'm concerned you can use whatever politically incorrect slurs you want, I can tell when someone is being racist, homophobic, etc and when they aren't, and tbh I couldn't care less about your choice of words. Just pointing out why some people might be offended by the use of these terms.

i know, most intelligent people can tell the difference and aren't offended by those words used in that way.
i just thought i'd type it out anyway for the people who aren't so bright, unfortunately there are plenty of those on this site...
maybe it makes them think and reflect but yeah, i'm not expecting much. many of them are just incredibly butthurt and completely immune to arguments and nuance - but i refuse to just give up on them, i'm a bit of an idealist...
Gold: 1,902.28
Nov 25 2016 11:08am
fender used the term due to a lack of vocabulary, that's what the unintelligent do

Gold: 1,333.00
Nov 25 2016 04:41pm
Quote (fender @ Nov 24 2016 11:05am)
i know, most intelligent people can tell the difference and aren't offended by those words used in that way.
i just thought i'd type it out anyway for the people who aren't so bright, unfortunately there are plenty of those on this site...
maybe it makes them think and reflect but yeah, i'm not expecting much. many of them are just incredibly butthurt and completely immune to arguments and nuance - but i refuse to just give up on them, i'm a bit of an idealist...

There's no argument to be had. We all understood what you meant, was just surprising you would use that is all.
Nov 25 2016 05:49pm
Quote (Edgard @ 25 Nov 2016 23:41)
We all understood what you meant

i obviously can't speak for everyone but i'm pretty sure YOU didn't:

Quote (Edgard @ 24 Nov 2016 11:36)
might as well start calling black people "niggers" too, because that's essentially what you're doing.
Nov 25 2016 06:09pm
Quote (fender @ Nov 25 2016 11:49pm)
i obviously can't speak for everyone but i'm pretty sure YOU didn't:

I like how you missed out the whole "There's no argument to be had" bit so you can carry on arguing. Classy.
Go Back To World Football - Soccer Topic List
Prev14142434445112Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll