d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > World Football - Soccer > Manchester United > Match & General Discussion
Prev1287628772878287928803160Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Banned
Gold: 4,043.00
Warn: 10%
Jan 20 2019 03:52pm
Quote (dro94 @ Jan 20 2019 07:39pm)
Rui Faria was the mastermind behind Mourinho and when he left the defence went to shit. I still think Mourinho could make a big impact and win the league at a top club but he doesn't have the ability to motivate a squad past 2 seasons.
I said it a few months back, it does seem Faria did all the coaching and tactical preparation.

I think Jose's main strength used to be man management, all Terry, Lampard, Drogba, Essien etc still speak very highly of him, he's right when he said the players are so much different than compared to 10-15 years ago and he failed to adapt.
Gold: 3.33
Jan 20 2019 04:35pm
Quote (Pozer @ Jan 20 2019 10:52pm)
I said it a few months back, it does seem Faria did all the coaching and tactical preparation.

I think Jose's main strength used to be man management, all Terry, Lampard, Drogba, Essien etc still speak very highly of him, he's right when he said the players are so much different than compared to 10-15 years ago and he failed to adapt.

Yeah none of the media/pundits ever mentioned Faria leaving which I always found very strange. Last year the defence was far better with the same group of players.

To still be at the top level he does need to adapt by putting the arm around the shoulder of some players instead of constantly criticising them...but from his defiant nature in that interview I don't think he will.
Gold: 2,570.91
Jan 20 2019 06:13pm
He's simply not made for the biggest clubs that have their own culture and a great history. He could do anything he wanted with Porto and early Abramovic Porto. It was similar with Inter due to their desperate desire of success at the time, although problems might have arisen had he stayed a 3rd season... in any case, Inter is a club that worshipped Helenio Herrera, who is basically considered the Mourinho of the 60s... a manager known for his arrogance, attention whoring, trolling in press conferences, strict man handling, catenaccio and demands to have complete control over the club. A perfect fit for Mourinho.

He could do well in a smaller club... but imo he needs a break so he can get his shit together and try to adapt to the changes football has undergone over the last decade.
Gold: 57.00
Jan 21 2019 01:48am
Quote (Pozer @ 20 Jan 2019 17:52)

Quote (zarkadon @ 20 Jan 2019 20:13)
He's simply not made for the biggest clubs that have their own culture and a great history. He could do anything he wanted with Porto and early Abramovic Porto. It was similar with Inter due to their desperate desire of success at the time, although problems might have arisen had he stayed a 3rd season... in any case, Inter is a club that worshipped Helenio Herrera, who is basically considered the Mourinho of the 60s... a manager known for his arrogance, attention whoring, trolling in press conferences, strict man handling, catenaccio and demands to have complete control over the club. A perfect fit for Mourinho.

He could do well in a smaller club... but imo he needs a break so he can get his shit together and try to adapt to the changes football has undergone over the last decade.

agree with this. Mourinho was at the peak of his power from 2004-2009, and maybe a couple years there at Madrid. Winning UCLs, Leagues, Trebles, and besting prime Barcelona at points. It’s not surprising so much star talent from that era praises him - but thats over a decade ago now. His siege mentality was primed for that era

The Madrid spell and his schism with the players there and the pressures of the Madrid-Barca rivalry (which he poured gasoline on) clearly did a number on him. Even though he collected a fistful of trophies at Chelsea and United since then it was never the really the same level of dominance, but chalk full of extra doses of drama.

It’s a shame really - thought he’d fix his perspective at United knowing he could be the one to stabilize the ship Sir Alex left. Maybe not getting the job right then and there in 2013 was a sign but he was still at Madrid anyway.

Ironically that United squad of 2012-13 which Sir Alex retired with as Prem Champions would have been perfect for his tactics, a squad full of proven 27-31 year olds who already won basically everything (which just needed a couple more technical/defensive/box-to-box midfielder types that Mourinho likely would have added, not like Moyes with Fellani lol) and was still in the window of time to keep at those title challenges on all fronts.
Gold: 2.00
Jan 21 2019 02:39am
Quote (cambovenzi @ Jan 20 2019 10:38pm)
Here we have a great in-depth interview with one of the greatest footballing minds in the history of the sport, one of the first since he was sacked, and you take the opportunity to take cheap shots from the peanut gallery with flawed talking points. I hate that sort of mindset.

The fact that he had a number of acquisitions over 3 years does not remove the fact that pep inherited a much better side and was able to greatly outspend him and picked up several costly players at their few positions of need.

Dalot was an injured 19 year old. Pep Picked up Mendy and Walker, danilo, silva, laporte and ederson in the same season
The handful of guys Mou picked up doesn't remove the fact that there is a lot of mediocre deadwood on the team while pep and klopp have a different situation.

now come on. Jose imo, was the most backed manager since saf retired. then he went on to moan and cry about his defence. how would these players have felt? even de god's performances dropped a little.
ok jose has ofc been unfairly treated by the media. thats a fact. kropp and poch both havent won any shit yet but the press doesnt hound them. but many fans have backed jose all the way. going all the way to criticize woodward instead.
and then he decides to self implode. ignoring pogba's world cup winning feat. fining martial for not returning to preseason as scheduled. this, together with his distrust of his defenders, totally destroyed his bond with his squad.
tldr, jose asked to be sacked.
Banned
Jan 25 2019 01:03pm

Worrying number of changes, hopefully Sanchez decides to show up tonight at least.
Banned
Jan 25 2019 02:27pm
SANCHEZ B)
Gold: 57.00
Jan 25 2019 02:28pm
Alexis B)

Great pass by Lukaku, guess he’s learning from Pogba how to actually pass
Banned
Jan 25 2019 02:29pm
LINGARD B)
Banned
Jan 25 2019 02:30pm
Quote (excellence @ Jan 25 2019 08:28pm)
Alexis B)

Great pass by Lukaku, guess he’s learning from Pogba how to actually pass
2 assists now b)

Can't believe how much time and space Lingard had in their pelanty area :lol:
Go Back To World Football - Soccer Topic List
Prev1287628772878287928803160Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll