d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > World Football - Soccer > Liverpool Football Club > You'll Never Walk Alone
Prev1218219220221222979Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 175.00
Mar 17 2014 04:50pm
stevie g is the only world class CDM you need !

Gold: 0.28
Mar 17 2014 05:10pm
Quote (aswethegods @ Mar 17 2014 10:50pm)
stevie g is the only world class CDM you need !

yea.. i like him playing in the role he has now, only i wouldn't mind pushing him up and bringing in a class dm.. maybe a young dm who looks like he could be great so he doesn't mind not starting all the time.. its tricky.

This post was edited by Grimsby on Mar 17 2014 05:11pm
Gold: 175.00
Mar 17 2014 05:15pm
Quote (Grimsby @ Mar 17 2014 11:10pm)
yea.. i like him playing in the role he has now, only i wouldn't mind pushing him up and bringing in a class dm.. maybe a young dm who looks like he could be great so he doesn't mind not starting all the time.. its tricky.

i think hes too old to play week in week out as a CAM
Gold: 0.28
Mar 17 2014 05:27pm
Quote (aswethegods @ Mar 17 2014 11:15pm)
i think hes too old to play week in week out as a CAM

you should of seen me at the start of the season.. even i was calling for him to be benched.. but in the last fair few games he's been brilliant.. i really think he could pull it off the same kind of form for a couple more years
kind of why i'd like a young potentially great dm, who could maybe play a couple more positions.. that way you could rest gerrard say his legs give up, push him up the field in some games and so on.

This post was edited by Grimsby on Mar 17 2014 05:28pm
Gold: 3.33
Mar 18 2014 08:24am
Gerrard as a CDM is good, he relied on his speed in that attacking role and the change was needed. I think a box to box midfielder like Gundogan is needed more than a pure defensive midfielder.

Agger is our best defender. Old enough to be experienced, young enough to still have some pace about him. I wouldn't even consider selling him.

Johnson is a good right back, he was on fire before he got injured against Man U at the start of the season. He is approaching 30 and maybe getting a younger right back who can match his attacking qualities whilst having better defensive qualities would be good.

But I think a left back is more important. Enrique has been out all season and our best cover is flanagan who isn't a natural left back, or Aly Cisshoko who isn't composed enough on the ball. Coentrao would be ideal.
Gold: 2.00
Mar 18 2014 08:34am
Quote (Grimsby @ 17 Mar 2014 23:23)
I could name quite a few if you want, to replace agger. I've noticed lately he's been pretty poor at tracking his man, and he's always somewhat injured.. passionate about our club, but we could get a decent sum for him and replace him with better quality with a few options. We really could do some damage in this window as we have the strikers covered, a potentially great player in sterling and stevie g!

Any psg/french league fans here able to shed some light on why sakho was being benched so much at psg, as i really rate the guy

Psg has Thiago Silva, Alex and The other young brazilian defender.. Sahko is great imo, most games I saw from him was for the national team so I can't tell you more.. But I believe the 3 others were prefered over him.

This post was edited by DoWN_DeaTH on Mar 18 2014 08:34am
Gold: 30,000.00
Mar 18 2014 09:30am
Every position needs a bit of work to add depth.

Forwards: Suarez, Sturridge, Sterling, Coutinho, Borini (back from loan), Suso (back from loan), Konoplyanka/Lallana (buy from Dnipro/Southampton)

If we're playing 3 forwards per game, we're going to need at least 2 more. A third striker to relieve Suarez or Sturridge for Capital One Cup, early stages of FA Cup, and League games against lesser teams/when they need a rest. And a second player to add to the creativity upfront, someone perhaps dynamic like Sterling coming in from the wing. Ideally, I wouldn't mind giving Borini another go when he gets back from loan, and I still think a player like Yevhen Konoplyanka or even Adam Lallana would be perfect to slot in with our forwards. We would also have Suso as an option. I hear he's been doing really well over in Spain. I would sell Aspas, still not so sure about Alberto, and let Moses head back to Chelsea. (Not to mention, we've got a few young players looking to test the waters in the first team - Teixeira, Ibe)

Midfielders: Gerrard, Henderson, Lucas, Allen, Will Hughes (buy from Derby), +1 more midfielder

Here's where we are short. Looking at it the same way as the forwards, if we play 3 per game, we really only look to have 1 as a backup. If someone gets injured, we could be a little thin. Sterling/Coutinho could potentially drop back, but I don't think that's ideal for the team. Will Hughes has been linked with us a lot in the past, and from what I've seen from him, he is a decent player and would be a great player to develop. Having a bit of youth in there to learn from Gerrard would be great for development. Personally, I think defensive midfield-wise, Gerrard and Lucas can cover those duties. Henderson and Allen add industry and hard work from the midfield. I'd like us to sign a top CM, or if need be, buy a good CDM and move Gerrard to a more advance role. A dream signing, Arturo Vidal from Juventus.

Defenders: Enrique, Sakho, Agger, Skrtel, Ilori (Back from loan), Johnson, Flanagan, Luke Shaw (buy from Southampton)

Defensively, we've got quite a lot of options. It's just finding when to use everyone and find our best pairings. Firstly, I don't think Aly Cissokho has shown us a whole lot and would let him head back to Valencia. I'd also sell Toure. We've always had difficulty with finding a stable and solid left back. If possible, splash the cash on Luke Shaw. This boy is going places. This will give us 2 lefts, 2 rights, and 4 central, plus the opportunity for young players to get into there. I'd like to see Sakho used more next season, but considering the form of Agger and Skrtel at the moment, it'll be hard to get a foot in! This could only be a good thing for competition for places which we've been lacking from time to time.

Goalkeepers: Mignolet, Jones/New GK (Butland from Stoke City)

Mignolet has done decent this season, a little bit of work to do with commanding his area, building confidence when challenging a ball into the box/corners, and definitely foot skills. Distribution could use a bit of work. But his shot stopping is immense, and I can see him in the squad for quite a long time. Unfortunately, I think its time for Reina to move on. As for backup, I'd like us to bring in someone young that is willing to learn. Brad Jones has done a job when called upon, but I think having a younger understudy rather than an older one would be better for us. Personally, I'd love us to bring in Jack Butland, a young up and coming English goalkeeper. Have him playing the League Cup / early stages of FA Cup, and whenever Mignolet needs a rest.

Next season is a bit scary in a way. Back into Europe would mean potentially many more games. We need the depth in squad to be able to take on those extra games without players getting fatigued.

Lineup:

Mignolet/Jones (Butland)

Johnson/Flanagan - Skrtel/Ilori - Agger/Sakho - Enrique (Shaw)

Henderson (Hughes) - Gerrard/Lucas - Allen/New CM (Vidal)

Some sort of organized chaos between Sturridge/Suarez/Coutinho/Sterling/Borini/Suso (Konoplyanka/Lallana)

This post was edited by A1R on Mar 18 2014 09:33am
Gold: 2,570.91
Mar 18 2014 09:55am
Liverpool could probably try to sign some quality players from Madrid and Barça for a decent price.

I can see at least a couple out of Coentrao, Khedira, Di María, Alves, Alexis, etc leaving their clubs this summer.
Gold: 600.69
Mar 18 2014 10:03am
I think you guys should look more into midfielders, Gerrard and Henderson are great atm, but players like Allen have awefull games, and lucas is very injury prone
Gold: 30,000.00
Mar 18 2014 11:07am
Quote (zarkadon @ Mar 18 2014 03:55pm)
Liverpool could probably try to sign some quality players from Madrid and Barça for a decent price.

I can see at least a couple out of Coentrao, Khedira, Di María, Alves, Alexis, etc leaving their clubs this summer.

Martin Montoya has been linked with us quite a bit. Could be a good bit of business. Montoya/Flanagan and Johnson. The only difficulty I see is that while Johnson can still perform decently, bringing in another backup ahead of Flanagan may stunt his opportunities and development. And he's been playing so well of late.

If Shaw isn't an option, I'd gladly go for Coentrao. I'm not a fan of Khedira or Alves. Alves is 30 now, our owners FSG are unlikely to invest in a player of that age. Sanchez would be a good signing, and I've heard a few things about Isco potentially leaving (doubt it, but I would take him in a heartbeat!)

Quote (Mr_Mill @ Mar 18 2014 04:03pm)
I think you guys should look more into midfielders, Gerrard and Henderson are great atm, but players like Allen have awefull games, and lucas is very injury prone

Agreed. Someone to take Allen's spot in the starting 11. Have a midfield trio of Henderson - Gerrard - CM with Allen and Lucas as backups.
Go Back To World Football - Soccer Topic List
Prev1218219220221222979Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll