d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > World Football - Soccer > Official Arsenal Discussion Thread
Prev1112811291130113111321976Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,000.00
Mar 18 2015 01:38pm
Quote (lepInTheHood @ 18 Mar 2015 21:08)
*fans are you a football fan? Or just a gypsy boy.

I am the Light to look upon, the Voice to listen to and the Path to take, young padawan.

Gold: 3.33
Mar 18 2015 11:15pm
Arsenal are not going to win titles and champions leagues until the weak minded fans that blindly support Wenger despite subpar management for years are rooted out of the club.

Oh, but wait, they beat Monaco 2-0 and only got knocked out on away goals! Pathetic attitude.

This post was edited by dro94 on Mar 18 2015 11:16pm
Gold: 1,000.00
Mar 18 2015 11:29pm
Quote (dro94 @ 19 Mar 2015 07:15)
Arsenal are not going to win titles and champions leagues until the weak minded fans that blindly support Wenger despite subpar management for years are rooted out of the club.

Oh, but wait, they beat Monaco 2-0 and only got knocked out on away goals! Pathetic attitude.

Mill says they progressed though, cuz last 2 years they were kicked out by Ba yern and Barcelonam and now Monaco.

Nice progress indeed.

Mertesucker saying they had just a bad game when in fact they had like just 2 good games in the Champions :rofl:

Joke club, players and ofc manager.
Mar 18 2015 11:35pm
Quote (B4al @ Mar 19 2015 05:29am)
Mill says they progressed though, cuz last 2 years they were kicked out by Ba yern and Barcelonam and now Monaco.

Nice progress indeed.

Mertesucker saying they had just a bad game when in fact they had like just 2 good games in the Champions :rofl:

Joke club, players and ofc manager.

I like Arsenal as a football club, and they have some really good (and likeable) players. Which is why it pains me to see a section of delusional fans holding the club back with their nostalgia.

This post was edited by dro94 on Mar 18 2015 11:36pm
Gold: 0.00
Mar 19 2015 01:04am
Quote (dro94 @ Mar 19 2015 05:35am)
I like Arsenal as a football club, and they have some really good (and likeable) players. Which is why it pains me to see a section of delusional fans holding the club back with their nostalgia.

So you think Mill not being negative towards his team holds them back?

Maybe they don't want wenger sacked until a decent manager becomes available. The last thing they need is to jump on the manager-go-round and hope to find one that is half as good as what they had.

Just look at Liverpool and what's happened to them.find one world class player and get excited thinking they are back, sell him and bring in a lot of mediocrity and still having to scrap very hard to get in the top 4.

Not being mean honestly but sometimes you don't know what you have til it's gone.
Gold: 175.00
Mar 19 2015 03:18am
Quote (dro94 @ Mar 19 2015 05:35am)

Its definitely not the fans holding arsenal back
Gold: Locked
Mar 19 2015 04:00am
Quote (aswethegods @ Mar 19 2015 09:18am)
Its definitely not the fans holding arsenal back

exactly. We wont drive a legend our most successful manager out with intimidation and threats, like some clubs fans do.

said before im supporting the team, not wenger. we wont get back to the top of English football with wenger, not anymore. But ill be very happy if wenger can win the FA cup again, that's another bit of history for arsenal FC, and then leave next season.
It wont happen though.

This post was edited by lepInTheHood on Mar 19 2015 04:01am
Gold: 175.00
Mar 19 2015 04:21am
Quote (lepInTheHood @ Mar 19 2015 10:00am)
exactly. We wont drive a legend our most successful manager out with intimidation and threats, like some clubs fans do.

said before im supporting the team, not wenger. we wont get back to the top of English football with wenger, not anymore. But ill be very happy if wenger can win the FA cup again, that's another bit of history for arsenal FC, and then leave next season.
It wont happen though.

Wenger will move upstairs to the boardroom when the time is right ... I think he will probably help appoint his successor too

Luckily for arsenal fans they have a much better base and young squad of exciting players so the manager coming in will have a much easier job than moyes for example ^^
Mar 19 2015 09:45am
Quote (WNxIrvine @ Mar 19 2015 07:04am)
So you think Mill not being negative towards his team holds them back?

Maybe they don't want wenger sacked until a decent manager becomes available.
The last thing they need is to jump on the manager-go-round and hope to find one that is half as good as what they had.

Just look at Liverpool and what's happened to them.find one world class player and get excited thinking they are back, sell him and bring in a lot of mediocrity and still having to scrap very hard to get in the top 4.

Not being mean honestly but sometimes you don't know what you have til it's gone.

- An individual fan's opinion is coincidental, but I think a section of fans with that attitude hold the club back, in the form of a lack of impetus to change.

- Maybe there are decent managers available? Most coaches would flock to a club like Arsenal. I'm not saying they should sack him next week either. He should have gone last season and we all know it.

- Liverpool is a bad comparison and you're trying to make it personal, making an emotional argument. Suarez becoming world class was like a freak accident, nobody knew it would happen and it propelled us from 7th to 2nd. Arsenal on the other hand have a balanced team and have been consistently top 4 for years with nothing to show for it. That's why I don't understand the comparison.

- Change isn't always the easy option and it is within our human nature to oppose it but in the long run can be beneficial if you do it right. I'm not saying there are no risks involved, but Arsenal fail to perform to an acceptable standard every year. They've been knocked out in the round of 32 in the champions league for 5 years in a row, and only won 1 FA Cup in 8 years. I think a section of fans contribute to this because there was and is a lack of pressure for Wenger to vacate his position. Bear in mind, a manager should not be forced out of a club with intimidation and threats. I'm looking at it from a business point of view - he gets paid ridiculous sums of money to get his team to perform, and if they don't then you shouldn't feel sorry or obliged to keep him because he won you the league 10 years ago.
Gold: 0.00
Mar 19 2015 10:06am
Quote (dro94 @ Mar 19 2015 03:45pm)
- An individual fan's opinion is coincidental, but I think a section of fans with that attitude hold the club back, in the form of a lack of impetus to change.

- Maybe there are decent managers available? Most coaches would flock to a club like Arsenal. I'm not saying they should sack him next week either. He should have gone last season and we all know it.

- Liverpool is a bad comparison and you're trying to make it personal, making an emotional argument. Suarez becoming world class was like a freak accident, nobody knew it would happen and it propelled us from 7th to 2nd. Arsenal on the other hand have a balanced team and have been consistently top 4 for years with nothing to show for it. That's why I don't understand the comparison.

- Change isn't always the easy option and it is within our human nature to oppose it but in the long run can be beneficial if you do it right. I'm not saying there are no risks involved, but Arsenal fail to perform to an acceptable standard every year. They've been knocked out in the round of 32 in the champions league for 5 years in a row, and only won 1 FA Cup in 8 years. I think a section of fans contribute to this because there was and is a lack of pressure for Wenger to vacate his position. Bear in mind, a manager should not be forced out of a club with intimidation and threats. I'm looking at it from a business point of view - he gets paid ridiculous sums of money to get his team to perform, and if they don't then you shouldn't feel sorry or obliged to keep him because he won you the league 10 years ago.

Not trying to make it personal. If I was I'd just call you a tit. :D

The thing about arsenal is they have been restricted by building and funding a new stadium. Personally I think arsene has done a great job with what he has had. He has only really had significant funds for what, 2 summer windows now? And I think he's brought in decent players.

A switch could change things, but like you said, it's a risk. A pretty big one imo. I say give wenger 1 more season, money in the summer to strengthen defense/defensive mid then see where they end up.

I'm old fashioned. I'll always believe the devil you know is better than the one you don't.
Go Back To World Football - Soccer Topic List
Prev1112811291130113111321976Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll