d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > World Football - Soccer > Official Arsenal Discussion Thread
Prev1112611271128112911301976Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 510.62
Mar 18 2015 09:47am
so sad :(
Gold: 2,496.00
Mar 18 2015 11:07am
joke of a cub ;)
Gold: 102.60
Mar 18 2015 11:18am
Quote (ampoo @ Mar 18 2015 06:50am)
in think his point is that arsenal tends to take these things way too lightly and too positive
on that i agree, you are making the same mistakes over and over again
this isnt about being negative, you are just not hard enough on yourself

everyone in the club should cut out the "its so hard to be eliminated after such a great game" (quote özil) crap, you would be better off talking about the shit game at home
your boys have to grow some balls mate

Yup that was exactly my point.

Besides the FA Cup last year. Arsenal is practically running on a treadmill we are staying in the same place every year (4th Place, Champions league round of 16 exit).
Every season in the Premier League is the same. We start out hot and have people thinking maybe title and then hit rough patches mid to end season and finish 4th. Or we start out slow and have a miraculous season ending run and finish 4th. Both of these result in the fans being happy saying oh this must mean we are only 1-2 players away from being extremely competitive, Maybe next year we can do it. Which is just delusions because the same shit will happen the next year
I'm not here to say Wenger Out Wenger In but I do think some new blood and philosophies need to be implemented

This post was edited by tyler225 on Mar 18 2015 11:19am
Gold: 600.69
Mar 18 2015 11:24am
Quote (tyler225 @ Mar 18 2015 06:18pm)

Besides the FA Cup last year. Arsenal is practically running on a treadmill we are staying in the same place every year (4th Place, Champions league round of 16 exit).
Every season in the Premier League is the same. We start out hot and have people thinking maybe title and then hit rough patches mid to end season and finish 4th. Or we start out slow and have a miraculous season ending run and finish 4th. Both of these result in the fans being happy saying oh this must mean we are only 1-2 players away from being extremely competitive, Maybe next year we can do it. Which is just delusions because the same shit will happen the next year
I'm not here to say Wenger Out Wenger In but I do think some new blood and philosophies need to be implemented

Compare the last two seasons with the other 8 and you will notice a big difference.

Ofcourse things could have turned out better for us, but acting like we are running on a treadmill is pretty dumb, that's looking at it trough tunnelvision. You need to pay more attention to the details, and not bluntly compare every season to every season with only a few words.
Gold: 175.00
Mar 18 2015 11:28am
Quote (Mr_Mill @ Mar 18 2015 05:24pm)
Compare the last two seasons with the other 8 and you will notice a big difference.

Ofcourse things could have turned out better for us, but acting like we are running on a treadmill is pretty dumb, that's looking at it trough tunnelvision. You need to pay more attention to the details, and not bluntly compare every season to every season with only a few words.

I agree arsenal have changed recently and they are one world class striker away from a top top team.

They would never of signed ozil sanchez etc but their spending recently has indicated they have increased their ambition
Mar 18 2015 11:31am
Quote (aswethegods @ Mar 18 2015 06:28pm)
I agree arsenal have changed recently and they are one world class striker away from a top top team.

They would never of signed ozil sanchez etc but their spending recently has indicated they have increased their ambition

This, if you take into account all the extra stuff like the new stadium, old players retiring etc.. you get a whole package that simply can't be fixed in a few seasons. It took us 9 seasons to fix it and last season we won the FA cup and this season the community shields. We are in the semi finals for the FA cup and are going strong in the competition, that's a big improvement of a few years ago when we lost vs Birmingham in the capital one cup and lost 8-2 vs Manu.

Ofcourse there will still be setbacks like the first leg vs Monaco, but these setbacks have been reducing more and more in comparison to the previous seasons. With a little more luck and a stronger attitude this team can go very far, that's why I'm proud of the team and why I will have faith and support them troughout the whole season, even if we get disgraceful results.
Gold: 4,383.11
Mar 18 2015 11:42am
Quote (Mr_Mill @ 18 Mar 2015 14:57)
Our squad from a few years back was nowhere near capeable of winning anything tbh

Thats why you conveintly used ozil sure

read my post again, almost everyone is like this
özils twitter/whatever post is the only one i know though

Quote (tyler225 @ 18 Mar 2015 18:18)

yeah, you nailed it
someone here in the forum (what is dro? xD) predicted before the first game vs monaco ended, that it will happen like this

arsenal really needs a change

This post was edited by ampoo on Mar 18 2015 11:44am
Gold: 1,000.00
Mar 18 2015 12:24pm
Quote (Mr_Mill @ 18 Mar 2015 19:31)
This, if you take into account all the extra stuff like the new stadium, old players retiring etc.. you get a whole package that simply can't be fixed in a few seasons. It took us 9 seasons to fix it and last season we won the FA cup and this season the community shields. We are in the semi finals for the FA cup and are going strong in the competition, that's a big improvement of a few years ago when we lost vs Birmingham in the capital one cup and lost 8-2 vs Manu.

Ofcourse there will still be setbacks like the first leg vs Monaco, but these setbacks have been reducing more and more in comparison to the previous seasons. With a little more luck and a stronger attitude this team can go very far, that's why I'm proud of the team and why I will have faith and support them troughout the whole season, even if we get disgraceful results.

Typical bullshit.

Raped by besiktas away, even game at home.
Raped by dortmund away, no contest.
Raped by anderlecht away, no contest, shitloads of luck draw obtained.
Raped by anderlecht home.
Raped by monaco home.

Really big improvement. The blindness of bias, love it :rofl:

Joke of a club on a downhill trend.
Mar 18 2015 12:30pm
Quote (ampoo @ Mar 18 2015 06:42pm)
read my post again, almost everyone is like this
özils twitter/whatever post is the only one i know though

yeah, you nailed it
someone here in the forum (what is dro? xD) predicted before the first game vs monaco ended, that it will happen like this

arsenal really needs a change

Post your solution then if you're so certain about it?
Gold: 4,383.11
Mar 18 2015 12:44pm
Quote (Mr_Mill @ 18 Mar 2015 19:30)
Post your solution then if you're so certain about it?

1. keep wenger, but make him finally realise that arsenal needs a new impulse and his tactical blunders cant continue
2. find a worthy ending for wenger (he more than deserves it), maybe keep him somewhere else for the club (would he do that?), but try a new coach
arsenal needs more flexibilty in offense and more classic understanding for defense, if you want to step up

those are the two that i see with the second being my favorite
i like it when clubs stick with their managers, but arsenal kept it like it is for too long and has come to a standstill
wenger has failed so far to evolve

also, implementing more confidence, ambition (without being arrogant) and hunger into the entire club would do you good

i am aware that a change could lead to a shitty season when everyone has to adapt, thats the risk of course

This post was edited by ampoo on Mar 18 2015 12:46pm
Go Back To World Football - Soccer Topic List
Prev1112611271128112911301976Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll