d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Football & Rugby > Official New York Jets Fan Thread
Prev196979899100125Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,120.01
Jan 3 2016 08:46pm
Quote (Cheesehead @ Jan 3 2016 10:37pm)
if you throw out the games Rodgers missed due to breaking his collarbone, he wins MVP

His last two interceptions were desperation throws. I'm not saying they don't count like all of Eli Mannings, but they shouldn't be the reason people think he had a similar season to Geno Smith.

This post was edited by Greet on Jan 3 2016 08:47pm
Gold: 2,507.88
Jan 5 2016 12:10am
hey guys, I've been real busy with the holidays and I'm actually posting this from a hotel in Indiana (!) - just wanted to check in and let you know I haven't abandoned the team or bandwagoned any others or some crazy shit, lol.

Man that game vs the bills was fucking hilarious(ly bad), but I can't believe that the Jets go 10-6 and miss the playoffs, meanwhile some 9-7 teams won their divisions and are hosting (Texans, Redskins, for example) - broken playoff system.

I know I joked before the season with a "9-7 miss the playoffs" but I felt oddly good going into the Patriots game and when NY came out at 10-5 it looked very possible that they'd be in. BMarsh really deserves a playoff run. I thought so when he played for Chicago. Maybe even Fitz too.

Quote (Endure @ Oct 13 2015 02:21am)
11-5 realistically or 14-2 for high hopes

10-6 though

^ 10-6 was right, you are the winner ;D

Anyway, uh, depressing end to a season for sure, but tbh I didn't think much past 8-8 or 9-7 when the Jets were 5-5. Winning 5 in a row was really cool and the Jets actually looked pretty good. Even stole a game from Brady. Not like them not having #1 seed matters *too* much, but hey. A win's a win. I think Rex wasn't aiming to spoil a playoff run so much as just win a game and pretend to be relevant (nothing vs. the Bills, they have nowhere to go but up, and I like them a lot too, but it's tough being a fan of division rivals).

Regardless, I think Fitz's success really just shows how valuable Brandon Marshall and (to a lesser extent, perhaps) Eric Decker are. any QB can be "better" if they have an o-line and people to throw to - something that previous Jets QBs haven't really had. So I think all these WR and QB franchise records being broken aren't really saying that Fitz is good, but that he's the least bad, and he's in a system that actually sort of does some air-attack (which the Jets haven't really had for a long time).

I think Bowles is a good coach so far. Defense has been pretty good. Run game has been alright. Fitz has been mostly positive. Even this final game, the stats look worse than he did. I think he can get another shot. If the Jets overpay him, he'll be shit though - he stopped trying after he got paid in Buffalol, and tanked the whole season. xD

But really, tbh, 10-6 as a first year for a coach is pretty okay. I just know that salary cap issues will be a thing with all these high-profile free agents and one-year contracts.

Wilkerson ABSOLUTELY needs to be back.
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Jan 5 2016 12:19pm
Quote (Falcon_A @ Jan 4 2016 11:10pm)
hey guys, I've been real busy with the holidays and I'm actually posting this from a hotel in Indiana (!) - just wanted to check in and let you know I haven't abandoned the team or bandwagoned any others or some crazy shit, lol.

Man that game vs the bills was fucking hilarious(ly bad), but I can't believe that the Jets go 10-6 and miss the playoffs, meanwhile some 9-7 teams won their divisions and are hosting (Texans, Redskins, for example) - broken playoff system.

I know I joked before the season with a "9-7 miss the playoffs" but I felt oddly good going into the Patriots game and when NY came out at 10-5 it looked very possible that they'd be in. BMarsh really deserves a playoff run. I thought so when he played for Chicago. Maybe even Fitz too.

^ 10-6 was right, you are the winner ;D

Anyway, uh, depressing end to a season for sure, but tbh I didn't think much past 8-8 or 9-7 when the Jets were 5-5. Winning 5 in a row was really cool and the Jets actually looked pretty good. Even stole a game from Brady. Not like them not having #1 seed matters *too* much, but hey. A win's a win. I think Rex wasn't aiming to spoil a playoff run so much as just win a game and pretend to be relevant (nothing vs. the Bills, they have nowhere to go but up, and I like them a lot too, but it's tough being a fan of division rivals).

Regardless, I think Fitz's success really just shows how valuable Brandon Marshall and (to a lesser extent, perhaps) Eric Decker are. any QB can be "better" if they have an o-line and people to throw to - something that previous Jets QBs haven't really had. So I think all these WR and QB franchise records being broken aren't really saying that Fitz is good, but that he's the least bad, and he's in a system that actually sort of does some air-attack (which the Jets haven't really had for a long time).

I think Bowles is a good coach so far. Defense has been pretty good. Run game has been alright. Fitz has been mostly positive. Even this final game, the stats look worse than he did. I think he can get another shot. If the Jets overpay him, he'll be shit though - he stopped trying after he got paid in Buffalol, and tanked the whole season. xD

But really, tbh, 10-6 as a first year for a coach is pretty okay. I just know that salary cap issues will be a thing with all these high-profile free agents and one-year contracts.

Wilkerson ABSOLUTELY needs to be back.

Enjoy your holidays my friend, but yeah i know my jets ;)

Wilkerson WILL come back, Im not sure about cromoratie or ivory. Lamar Miller looks fucking tasty, and to be honest as much as I love ivory, if we can get miller for a 3x year contract more a little more than what we pay ivory. Im all for it - his stats speak for himself guys a beast. Im interested to see if we pay fits the same or we pay him less or just go for another qb. Since we still have lolgeno
Gold: 0.00
Jan 5 2016 05:38pm
FA I think they should sign:

Fitzpatrick, Wilkerson, Harrison, Demario and Powell

Colon if he's coming back very cheap, same with Ivory
Jan 5 2016 06:09pm
Quote (revis @ Jan 5 2016 04:38pm)
FA I think they should sign:

Fitzpatrick, Wilkerson, Harrison, Demario and Powell

Colon if he's coming back very cheap, same with Ivory

I only would like fitz on a 1-2 year deal but for very cheap.
Jan 5 2016 06:25pm
https://mobile.twitter.com/Connor_J_Hughes/status/684164355160674304

I say cut cro unfortunetly, trade kerley and get rid of cumberland. I cant wait until these changes are made
Jan 5 2016 06:26pm
Quote (Endure @ Jan 5 2016 07:25pm)
https://mobile.twitter.com/Connor_J_Hughes/status/684164355160674304

I say cut cro unfortunetly, trade kerley and get rid of cumberland. I cant wait until these changes are made

brick will also be cut or restructured

Quote (Endure @ Jan 5 2016 07:09pm)
I only would like fitz on a 1-2 year deal but for very cheap.

just seen this, i'd be fine with 6 a year for 2-3 years

gave the jets offense an identity for once rofl

This post was edited by revis on Jan 5 2016 06:26pm
Gold: 1,120.01
Jan 9 2016 10:23pm
Quote (revis @ Jan 5 2016 08:26pm)
brick will also be cut or restructured

just seen this, i'd be fine with 6 a year for 2-3 years

gave the jets offense an identity for once rofl

I hope Brick gets restructured, he's been a valuable asset to this team for years.
Jan 18 2016 09:24pm
Rumors of Sheldon for Thomas. Fuck that, I'll be so pissed
Jan 19 2016 08:06pm
trade sheldon for mid 1st round pick but resign mo and snacks. That would be a dream
Go Back To Football & Rugby Topic List
Prev196979899100125Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll