d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Football & Rugby > Official New York Jets Fan Thread
Prev19596979899125Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 69.00
Jan 3 2016 06:06pm
Quote (Katelyn @ Jan 3 2016 07:22pm)
Sad when you loose to team that is all beaten up :( a lot practice squad players :(!! I would be salty too if I got dominated all phase of game

Do you English?
Gold: 1,120.01
Jan 3 2016 07:00pm
Well it was an interesting year men. Wish we could have had a different ending, but it was a fun year nonetheless.

Looks like Fitz is going to be the guy next year, and we have some big decisions to make on resigning guys etc.

First task: Lock up Mo
Jan 3 2016 07:04pm
Quote (Greet @ Jan 3 2016 09:00pm)
Well it was an interesting year men. Wish we could have had a different ending, but it was a fun year nonetheless.

Looks like Fitz is going to be the guy next year, and we have some big decisions to make on resigning guys etc.

First task: Lock up Mo

Or you could let him go to the New York Giants. Thanks
Jan 3 2016 07:08pm
Quote (Grizzy_Green @ Jan 3 2016 09:04pm)
Or you could let him go to the New York Giants. Thanks

I remember a few years ago watching the Giants and seeing Strahan, Osi, Kiwanuka, Cofield & co. and wishing that the Jets would get a DL like that... Now we have it, and it might be even better. I hope we can keep it.
Jan 3 2016 07:15pm
Quote (Greet @ Jan 3 2016 09:08pm)
I remember a few years ago watching the Giants and seeing Strahan, Osi, Kiwanuka, Cofield & co. and wishing that the Jets would get a DL like that... Now we have it, and it might be even better. I hope we can keep it.

Can't compare though... Two different schemes. While Richardson and Wilkerson probably have the skill to be effective 4-3 defensive ends, they'd play tackle for 4-3 teams.

I do love the Jets defensive line though..have for a long time. Rex just kept infusing that front 7 with talent and Mo is among the best in the game.. Hope you guys can't come to terms and the Giants get him, not to be a dick :lol:

JPP/Ayers - Hankins - Wilkerson - Vernon

with Bruce Irvin coming off the edge... :drool: Giants have roughly $50 mil in cap space for this offseason..more than the past 10 combined(don't quote me on that lol just exaggerating). Hope to god they go hard for Mo, Vernon and Irvin.
Jan 3 2016 07:19pm
Quote (Grizzy_Green @ Jan 3 2016 09:15pm)
Can't compare though... Two different schemes. While Richardson and Wilkerson probably have the skill to be effective 4-3 defensive ends, they'd play tackle for 4-3 teams.

I do love the Jets defensive line though..have for a long time. Rex just kept infusing that front 7 with talent and Mo is among the best in the game.. Hope you guys can't come to terms and the Giants get him, not to be a dick :lol:

JPP/Ayers - Hankins - Wilkerson - Vernon

with Bruce Irvin coming off the edge... :drool: Giants have roughly $50 mil in cap space for this offseason..more than the past 10 combined(don't quote me on that lol just exaggerating). Hope to god they go hard for Mo, Vernon and Irvin.

Under Bowles the Jets have played a lot of different schemes. No one true scheme really. The thing that makes Mo so special is the fact that he can dominate from End and from Tackle. He plays both
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Jan 3 2016 08:28pm
rofl "katelyn" at this thread is fucking hilariousz Dont need to say much he speaks for himself rofl.

Thanks revis for putting logic into another one.

My final thoughts on the season -

Definetly agree with Greet here. I dont see why we shouldnt lock up mo, if we franchise sheldon? or even mo. We save alot of money. For the season itss great we made it so far. But definetly I still believe in geno, fitz was just working. Here are some stats too back up. here's Fitzpatrick's efficiency stats to end the year after that game:

59.6 Comp %

6.95 YPA

31 TDs, 15 INTs

88.0 QB Rating

Here's Geno Smith's from last year:

59.7 Comp %

6.88 YPA

13 TDs, 13 INTs

77.5 QB Rating

Geno never was available to play with this WR core this season, his chance was not even possible. Which sucks. In the beginning Fitz was ok, then he slided down and wasnt ontop of things at all. Then again he picked it up - again inconsistency. Difference between him and geno are geno is younger and less developt than Fitz. Given that fitz has been able to play with multiple systems and yet hasnt been able to be great with one.

Our OLine still needs helps, we do need a TE, definetly would help us. Decker + Marshall are just tremendous and work well with our system. Powell definetly should be able to come into our scheme but again.. more disciplined.

Dline is completely different - we definetly need mo and sheldon. I really do believe they are the core of our dline. Harrison is great but for his price :/ not looking great. Cromotie will get cut unfortunetly - he played a tremendous part in our season in the beginning and yet he missed multiple tackles which HURTS. Pryor was absolutely phenomenol. Nothing I can say bad about him being his second year. Revis - we could see his decline coming, but I still believe he can pull it off when we need him too.

Overall I do believe we can be a playoff contender next year. Again this was a rebuilding season, next year we can hope geno/fitz and maybe another qb can battle it out for another year in the preseason. I hope Petty will stay on the bench another year and definetly LEARN and dsicipline himself to become better. I still have faith in my jets and we are able to come over this. Eventually. But as I can see right now it will be tough. And fitz isnt our guy. Maybe geno is. Maybe not. Maybe Petty is. Maybe Not.
Gold: 3,570.21
Jan 3 2016 08:32pm
Encarnacion
Jan 3 2016 08:33pm
Fitz is our guy for sure, I'll have to disagree with you there.

He understands the offense, already has a solid relationship with Decker and Marshall and statistically put up one of the best seasons for a Jets QB. If you throw away those garbage INTs at the end of the game today, his stats destroy Genos's. Fitz is also a good leader and can probably help develop a younger QB.

Despite that last game, nothing from this season can lead me to believe that Fitz isn't the guy for next season.
Gold: 3,570.21
Jan 3 2016 08:37pm
Quote (Greet @ Jan 3 2016 08:33pm)
Fitz is our guy for sure, I'll have to disagree with you there.

He understands the offense, already has a solid relationship with Decker and Marshall and statistically put up one of the best seasons for a Jets QB. If you throw away those garbage INTs at the end of the game today, his stats destroy Genos's. Fitz is also a good leader and can probably help develop a younger QB.

Despite that last game, nothing from this season can lead me to believe that Fitz isn't the guy for next season.

if you throw out the games Rodgers missed due to breaking his collarbone, he wins MVP
Go Back To Football & Rugby Topic List
Prev19596979899125Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll