d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Football & Rugby > Official Football And Rugby General Chat 3.0 > Music,food,chit Chat
Prev189101112699Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Feb 20 2019 09:02pm
Quote (EmericAn @ Feb 20 2019 07:55pm)
Why is she opposed. Renting is just wasting money

Depends on how you look at it tbh.

The idea of any issues with the house being her (well, they'll be mine lol) responsibility and that things would just be fucked, until we can afford to fix them, stresses her out. She made me watch an episode of Adam Ruins Everything on it and I still think the pros of owning outweigh the cons, but he makes some strong points against the "You're just throwing money away every month." stance, which is something I've always said and believed.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Feb 20 2019 09:02pm
Gold: 3,188.00
Feb 20 2019 09:03pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Feb 20 2019 10:02pm)
Depends on how you look at it tbh.

The idea of any issues with the house being her (well, they'll be mine lol) responsibility and that things would just be fucked, until we can afford to fix them, stresses her out. She made me watch an episode of Adam Ruins Everything on it and I still think the pros of owning outweigh the cons, but he makes some strong points against the "You're just throwing money away every month." stance.

well there not making anymore land, well fast anyways. might as well own some
Gold: 6,479.31
Feb 20 2019 09:04pm
Quote (Weab @ Feb 20 2019 10:01pm)
thatd be dope, be the second person ive met irl off jsp. the other guy i was in his wedding last year lol

Haha that’s what’s up
Feb 20 2019 09:04pm
Quote (Weab @ Feb 20 2019 08:03pm)
well there not making anymore land, well fast anyways. might as well own some

There will always be houses for sale in my lifetime, I'm not too worried about that lol. If I'm going to buy, I'd rather wait for another housing meltdown and buy something up dirt cheap. Seeing as we just keep doing the same shit over and fucking over in this country, it'll happen again before too long.
Feb 20 2019 09:06pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Feb 20 2019 10:04pm)
There will always be houses for sale in my lifetime, I'm not too worried about that lol. If I'm going to buy, I'd rather wait for another housing meltdown and buy something up dirt cheap. Seeing as we just keep doing the same shit over and fucking over in this country, it'll happen again before too long.

thats what worries me about buying this year, i know the bubble is coming soon and quick
Feb 20 2019 09:12pm
Quote (Weab @ Feb 20 2019 08:06pm)
thats what worries me about buying this year, i know the bubble is coming soon and quick

It's sketch man. The good thing is that for the most part, it all comes back around eventually. You might have to wait 10-20 years for the house to be worth what you paid, but as long as you're not in a hurry to go anywhere, there's nothing wrong with sitting on it.

I just don't believe it's as good as an investment as we've been told our entire lives it is. If I've got enough for a down-payment, I'm better off putting that somewhere it'll incur interest, or putting it into the market on low risk dividend stocks. Any large investment is a risk, but after all the wife's bitching and finally doing some research on my own, I'm just not in a hurry to own a home anymore.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Feb 20 2019 09:13pm
Gold: 2,452.08
Feb 20 2019 09:13pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Feb 20 2019 07:04pm)

Yeah I'd wait for the housing to go down but the problem with renting vs owning is when I'm 55 my house will be paid off, I'll have no monthly payment (besides taxes and insurance ofc). If shit hit the fan, I could sell the house and make more than the original loan amount, probably not more than I will pay because of interest and stuff. Idk, to me it was worth buying but if you're in a transition period from jobs or not sure you'll be there for a long period of time then it's definitely worth renting over buying
Feb 20 2019 09:13pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Feb 20 2019 10:12pm)
It's sketch man. The good thing is that for the most part, it all comes back around eventually. You might have to wait 10-20 years for the house to be worth what you paid, but as long as you're not in a hurry to go anywhere, there's nothing wrong with sitting on it.

I just don't believe it's as good as an investment as we've been told our entire lives it is, if I've got enough for a down-payment, I'm better off putting that somewhere it'll incur interest, or putting it into the market on low risk dividend stocks. Any large investment is a risk, but after all the wife's bitching and finally doing some research on my own, I'm just not in a hurry to own a home anymore.

pot stocks brah, its gonna be legal here in the next 5-10 in america. Hell i can go down the street and buy weed if i want lol. literally like half mile away
Feb 20 2019 09:17pm
Quote (XxRunNakedxX @ Feb 20 2019 10:13pm)
Yeah I'd wait for the housing to go down but the problem with renting vs owning is when I'm 55 my house will be paid off, I'll have no monthly payment (besides taxes and insurance ofc). If shit hit the fan, I could sell the house and make more than the original loan amount, probably not more than I will pay because of interest and stuff. Idk, to me it was worth buying but if you're in a transition period from jobs or not sure you'll be there for a long period of time then it's definitely worth renting over buying

This is also a main concern of mine. Im 34 now, so any mortgage i take out is going to either have me paying until im 64 or until im 49. If the market stays decent i guess ill have a nice pension of about 4.5kish a month + if social security is still there that too. Wife also has a 401k. age for retirment in my job is 60 soooo, i have some decisions to make asap. id like to have the house paid off as quick as possible, but with my kids getting older now its gonna be rough. Hell next year i have to start looking for a car to buy for my oldest, getting him a job ect ect. you know how teens are. once i get him going my middle son is going to be in the same boat. I might have a small break with my youngest though. hes gonna be 15 when the other 2 are 21 and 18...... lol
Feb 20 2019 09:18pm
Quote (Weab @ Feb 20 2019 08:13pm)
pot stocks brah, its gonna be legal here in the next 5-10 in america. Hell i can go down the street and buy weed if i want lol. literally like half mile away

It's already legal where I'm at.

I still think it's going to be awhile before it's federally legalized. It's fucking bat-shit insane that weed was only ever outlawed and demonized in the first place because of timber rofl, but once that propaganda machine starts turning, it's hard to turn public opinions back towards logic and reason. It's the devil's plant and people think smoking it makes you a godless sinner.

I haven't done any research into marijuana as far as the market goes. I don't even know if it's a traded commodity, I wouldn't think so, since it's not federally legal and with everyone just starting up, I'd be too nervous to invest in individual companies. The big tobacco companies will probably dominate the market once it's federally legalized, which makes investing in any of the up-and-coming companies a risk.
Go Back To Football & Rugby Topic List
Prev189101112699Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll