d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Football & Rugby > Tlaw Or Purdy
Prev15678Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3.00
Jul 13 2024 09:56pm
Quote (Hako @ Jul 11 2024 03:17am)
I'm really not talking just about Fantasy. I mostly stopped playing Fantasy football years ago, it warps people's minds of the actual reality of the game. If said player doesn't score me 20+ points a week he sucks etc etc etc.

Can call me a homer all you want, but I've seen and lived a shit ton of football in my life. Mahomes is the only QB I'd trade Lawrence for right now and I'm not talking Fantasy football. Mainly because Mahomes is an alien and is already probably the best QB the NFL has ever had.

Lawrence is the real deal. People can say otherwise and that's fine, but they don't know this team, they don't watch the games and they don't know the situations. They can say they are watching, but the reality is they're not. A few clips and the red zone channel isn't actually watching.

You basically said it yourself in a previous post, "The Jags are the fucking Jags" or something along those lines. Assumptions based on the past, that you just assume is the reality of today... Because Jags...

Dude you can't say it's based on the past if the Jags are still out there making the same mistakes in the present as well lol

IDC if we're talking fantasy or real life, taking T Law second after Mahomes is fucking wild. You would rather have him than Lamar, Allen, Burrow, Herbert? Stafford if he's healthy and wasn't much older? CJ Stroud just had a better year than Lawrence has ever had.

I feel like this position makes it look like I'm auto hating on Lawrence, which I'm not. I just think their are five or six QB's who are obvious upgrades on T Law. He's still a good QB and is the franchise future for Jacksonville.
Gold: 0.00
Jul 14 2024 01:55am
you'll nerds gunna have phoniex jerseys by the end of the season, ATL QB from UW!!!

longhorns look like a sure thing next season in NCAA.

t.law sucks as do jags and fake fans. from bnp and wsu.
Gold: 100.70
Warn: 10%
Jul 14 2024 07:57am
Quote (Hako @ Jul 13 2024 05:46pm)
I think he's in the same tier as Burrow and Allen. Mahomes is obviously alone in tier 1, but I'd put Trevor, Burrow and Allen in tier 2.

If he does well this year I would say possibly, but he hasn’t shown me that he’s better than Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, Herbert, Stroud (despite being a rookie last year), Lamar, Hurts, maybe even throw Dak in there too.
Gold: 12,300.00
Jul 14 2024 09:29pm
Quote (straightedgerevenge @ Jul 14 2024 06:57am)
If he does well this year I would say possibly, but he hasn’t shown me that he’s better than Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, Herbert, Stroud (despite being a rookie last year), Lamar, Hurts, maybe even throw Dak in there too.

He has/is already playing very, very well.

In fact, from week 8 (2022) and on he was playing at an Elite level. Went 7-2 down the stretch of the season (after losing 5 straight leading into that run). Top 5 (top 1-3 in most) in every major statistical category. Beat Herbert (twice that season) and the Chargers in the playoffs after Lawrence clutched up the 2nd half of that game (down 27-0 in that 1st half). They were then a Jamal Agnew fumble away from beating the Chiefs in the Divisional round.

This past season he was playing as good as any QB in the league (at least top 10 in every major statistical category). Team was 8-3 and he was starting to go on an absolute tear to finish out the season (9 TD and 1 turnover in 3 games leading up to the week 12 injury). Then we lost Kirk/Trevor got his ankle injury in that same week 12 game and that was all she wrote. It's all there on the tape man. The team has failed Trevor far, far more than he has failed the team. He easily has 33-34 TDs if it's not for receiver drops.

This team would have easily been a 3, or 4 win team at best without Trevor each of these past 2 seasons.

This post was edited by Hako on Jul 14 2024 09:31pm
Jul 14 2024 09:49pm
Quote (GinJuxtaposition @ Jul 13 2024 08:56pm)
Dude you can't say it's based on the past if the Jags are still out there making the same mistakes in the present as well lol

IDC if we're talking fantasy or real life, taking T Law second after Mahomes is fucking wild. You would rather have him than Lamar, Allen, Burrow, Herbert? Stafford if he's healthy and wasn't much older? CJ Stroud just had a better year than Lawrence has ever had.

I feel like this position makes it look like I'm auto hating on Lawrence, which I'm not. I just think their are five or six QB's who are obvious upgrades on T Law. He's still a good QB and is the franchise future for Jacksonville.

Said it before and I'll say it again. Only QB I'd take/trade Lawrence for is Mahomes. Every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Lamar's body might already be breaking down.

Allen is good, but he wasn't really good until they got Diggs. We'll see what happens this season without him.

Burrow is good, but he has great weapons and has been injury prone.

Herbert has regressed in each of these past couple of seasons.

Stafford is old as shit.

Stroud had a fine year, but they fed off a lot of prayer balls. Lets see if he continues his upward trend, or if the sophomore slump hits. Especially since DCs now have a full off season to break down his film.
Gold: 0.00
Jul 14 2024 11:09pm
Quote (Hako @ Jul 14 2024 08:49pm)
Said it before and I'll say it again. Only QB I'd take/trade Lawrence for is Mahomes. Every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Lamar's body might already be breaking down.

Allen is good, but he wasn't really good until they got Diggs. We'll see what happens this season without him.

Burrow is good, but he has great weapons and has been injury prone.

Herbert has regressed in each of these past couple of seasons.

Stafford is old as shit.

Stroud had a fine year, but they fed off a lot of prayer balls. Lets see if he continues his upward trend, or if the sophomore slump hits. Especially since DCs now have a full off season to break down his film.

I'm in 3 ESPN ff leagues, he's still in fa and no one wants him cept u. :love:
Jul 14 2024 11:12pm
Quote (Cbramgar @ Jul 14 2024 10:09pm)
I'm in 3 ESPN ff leagues, he's still in fa and no one wants him cept u. :love:

1 man leagues don't count
Jul 15 2024 02:25am
Quote (Hako @ Jul 15 2024 01:12am)
1 man leagues don't count

He is actually all 8 teams and plays against himself every week
Jul 15 2024 02:27am
Quote (Hako @ Jul 14 2024 11:29pm)
He has/is already playing very, very well.

In fact, from week 8 (2022) and on he was playing at an Elite level. Went 7-2 down the stretch of the season (after losing 5 straight leading into that run). Top 5 (top 1-3 in most) in every major statistical category. Beat Herbert (twice that season) and the Chargers in the playoffs after Lawrence clutched up the 2nd half of that game (down 27-0 in that 1st half). They were then a Jamal Agnew fumble away from beating the Chiefs in the Divisional round.

This past season he was playing as good as any QB in the league (at least top 10 in every major statistical category). Team was 8-3 and he was starting to go on an absolute tear to finish out the season (9 TD and 1 turnover in 3 games leading up to the week 12 injury). Then we lost Kirk/Trevor got his ankle injury in that same week 12 game and that was all she wrote. It's all there on the tape man. The team has failed Trevor far, far more than he has failed the team. He easily has 33-34 TDs if it's not for receiver drops.

This team would have easily been a 3, or 4 win team at best without Trevor each of these past 2 seasons.

No I get that he played good last season til he got hurt, and yes I am a box score warrior sometimes. I won’t say I am not because I basically can’t watch football but half the year because I work about half of the Sundays due to my work schedule. Maybe I am just hating because Jags have basically always been the dumpster fire team in the division 🤣
Jul 15 2024 06:36pm
Quote (straightedgerevenge @ Jul 15 2024 01:27am)
No I get that he played good last season til he got hurt, and yes I am a box score warrior sometimes. I won’t say I am not because I basically can’t watch football but half the year because I work about half of the Sundays due to my work schedule. Maybe I am just hating because Jags have basically always been the dumpster fire team in the division 🤣

It's all good man, besides Jags fans, or if we're playing somebody's favorite team, nobody is going out of their way to actually watch a Jags game lol. I get that, but that's why it's annoying seeing people pile on Trevor when he is the least of this team's worries. Mainly because I know they aren't actually watching. Dude is the real deal.

Also, being a division rival, we love to shit on each other's teams lol. It's what we do, just comes with the territory.

Really hope they get this OL sorted out though because he got the Andrew Luck treatment this past season. He got absolutely beat to shit, but was still performing. It was hard to watch at times because you knew dude was gutting through it, but he was hurting.
Go Back To Football & Rugby Topic List
Prev15678Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll