d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Football & Rugby > Official Detroit Lions Fan Thread
Prev1442443444445446794Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,250.00
Feb 6 2015 11:49am
Quote (Shroom2 @ Feb 6 2015 01:45pm)
I do too. However, I think lions want "that guy". The one who can do it all. We'll see though.
I usually do my draft guesses on what I think will happen, not necessarily what I want. That being said, I usually agree with what the Lions do.

Since living through the Millen era, they have done nothing but impress me with the majority of the picks we have made.
Feb 6 2015 05:53pm
Joique Bell recorded the finest statistical season of his NFL career in 2014. The Detroit Lions running back rushed for a career-high 860 yards and seven touchdowns in 15 games.

He carried most of the load for the Lions run game as Reggie Bush battled ankle injuries for most of the season.

But Bell isn't satisfied at all with his performance. He told reporters as much after an assembly at Allen Park Middle School Friday, where he was speaking to kids on leadership.

“As a whole, the season was a very successful season as far as the team,” Bell said of the Lions’ 11 wins and playoff berth. “As far as my (season), I really need to pick it up a little bit more. I can do better. We didn’t win a Super Bowl, so I can do more.”

Bell, who underwent minor off season surgery, said everything was good from a health standpoint and that he’s started working out. He plans to be back for organized team activities (OTAs) in April, but couldn’t commit to being 100 percent for them just yet.

When asked to reflect on the season, Bell applauded the job of the Lions defense and admitted the offense hasn't hit their stride yet.

He’s hoping that will come in a second season in Joe Lombardi’s system.

Bell also reiterated his passion for the City of Detroit and how he so desperately wants to bring a championship to the city. He said that’s one of the reasons why he runs so hard on Sunday.

“When I’m out there running I’m running for my city,” he said. “I run with a purpose. It’s great for me to go out in public and for fans to say I run with heart because I really do.

“I went to college here (Wayne State), I’m playing for the Detroit Lions, and I’m not only representing myself, but my community. Not a lot of players can say that, especially in this league.”
Feb 6 2015 06:02pm
This was posted about an hour ago: http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2015/02/06/ndamukong-suh-contract-detroit-lions-free-agent/23005303/
Lions in neutral on contract talks
The final year of Ndamukong Suh's rookie contract officially voided today, and now the Detroit Lions are on the clock to re-sign their all-pro defensive tackle.
The Lions are the only team that can officially talk contract details with Suh until the three-day free agent negotiating period opens March 7, and Suh cannot sign with another team until 4 p.m. March 10.
Lions president Tom Lewand has maintained that he expects Suh to return to the Lions in 2015, saying on WDIV's Flashpoint last week that "there's a very, very good chance that we can get something done with him in the next few weeks" and writing in a letter to season-ticket holders Tuesday about the team's "commitment to keeping our best players."
The team also has told the agent of at least one pending free agent defensive tackle that they expect Suh to return, though the two sides have not yet resumed negotiations after the Lions tabled talks in July.
Suh is seeking a deal that will make him the highest-paid defensive player in the game, a mantle currently held by Houston Texans defensive lineman J.J. Watt.
The Lions also have the option of using the franchise tag on Suh, at a cost of $26.9 million, to effectively keep him off of the open market.
Under the nonexclusive version of the tag, the Lions would have the right to match any offer sheet Suh signs or receive two first-round draft picks as compensation.Under the exclusive version, the Lions would retain exclusive negotiating rights with Suh.
NFL teams can begin using the tag on players Feb. 16, and they have until March 2 to do so.
If the Lions let Suh test free agency, the Oakland Raiders, Chicago Bears and Jacksonville Jaguars are among the teams that could have both the cap room and desire to lure Suh from Detroit.
"He's just a hell of a player," Fox Sports radio analyst Lincoln Kennedy said. "He's one of those guys where you hate to play against him, you'll think he's a cheap shot or a cheater or whatever it was when you play against him, but when he's on your team, just like the Lions do right now, you'll love him."

kind of liking the bold, if we can't keep him we should match the offer just to get 2 extra first round picks, especially if its from Jags or Raiders.

This post was edited by SheriffCool on Feb 6 2015 06:04pm
Gold: 11,250.00
Feb 7 2015 04:36am
I'm hoping and feeling that Suh will stay in Detroit. When you got Megatron saying he will do whatever it takes to keep him, hopefully Suh sees that, and does want to stay and isn't all about the money. I think he loves being a Lion and hope that trend continues.
Gold: 0.00
Feb 7 2015 10:54am
Quote (SheriffCool @ Feb 6 2015 04:02pm)
This was posted about an hour ago: [URL=http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2015/02/06/ndamukong-suh-contract-detroit-lions-free-agent/23005303/]http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2015/02/06/ndamukong-suh-contract-detroit-lions-free-agent/23005303/[/URL]
Lions in neutral on contract talks
The final year of Ndamukong Suh's rookie contract officially voided today, and now the Detroit Lions are on the clock to re-sign their all-pro defensive tackle.
The Lions are the only team that can officially talk contract details with Suh until the three-day free agent negotiating period opens March 7, and Suh cannot sign with another team until 4 p.m. March 10.
Lions president Tom Lewand has maintained that he expects Suh to return to the Lions in 2015, saying on WDIV's Flashpoint last week that "there's a very, very good chance that we can get something done with him in the next few weeks" and writing in a letter to season-ticket holders Tuesday about the team's "commitment to keeping our best players."
The team also has told the agent of at least one pending free agent defensive tackle that they expect Suh to return, though the two sides have not yet resumed negotiations after the Lions tabled talks in July.
Suh is seeking a deal that will make him the highest-paid defensive player in the game, a mantle currently held by Houston Texans defensive lineman J.J. Watt.
The Lions also have the option of using the franchise tag on Suh, at a cost of $26.9 million, to effectively keep him off of the open market.
Under the nonexclusive version of the tag, the Lions would have the right to match any offer sheet Suh signs or receive two first-round draft picks as compensation.Under the exclusive version, the Lions would retain exclusive negotiating rights with Suh.
NFL teams can begin using the tag on players Feb. 16, and they have until March 2 to do so.
If the Lions let Suh test free agency, the Oakland Raiders, Chicago Bears and Jacksonville Jaguars are among the teams that could have both the cap room and desire to lure Suh from Detroit.
"He's just a hell of a player," Fox Sports radio analyst Lincoln Kennedy said. "He's one of those guys where you hate to play against him, you'll think he's a cheap shot or a cheater or whatever it was when you play against him, but when he's on your team, just like the Lions do right now, you'll love him."

kind of liking the bold, if we can't keep him we should match the offer just to get 2 extra first round picks, especially if its from Jags or Raiders.

I love that as well...hell i'd rather have 2 first round picks especially from the jags or raiders than suh anyday lmao

just a guess though--we wouldn't be able to match it--and even if we could--suh would probably take our offer over their offer
Feb 7 2015 11:05am
Quote (Emp_Mirage @ Feb 7 2015 12:54pm)
I love that as well...hell i'd rather have 2 first round picks especially from the jags or raiders than suh anyday lmao

just a guess though--we wouldn't be able to match it--and even if we could--suh would probably take our offer over their offer

CJ has agreed to free up the cap space to keep him, so I really don't see us not matching any offer, So to me it seems win/win for us.

This post was edited by SheriffCool on Feb 7 2015 11:07am
Gold: 315.00
Gold: 6,479.31
Feb 24 2015 01:19pm
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25078924/trae-waynes-burns-turf-with-electric-40-time-at-2015-nfl-combine

I know it's super unlikely, but as a MSU fan/student I can't help but :drool: over the idea of Trae Waynes as a Lion.
Gold: 11,250.00
Feb 25 2015 05:06pm
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand bush is gone
Gold: 0.00
Feb 25 2015 05:17pm
Quote (valeckvalem @ Feb 25 2015 03:06pm)
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand bush is gone

Thank god lmao so tired of seeing him drop balls in the flag

I bust a nut when I see him with tons of open space up field and then I see him fail to catch the ball...
Go Back To Football & Rugby Topic List
Prev1442443444445446794Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll