d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Football & Rugby > Official Detroit Lions Fan Thread
Prev1412413414415416794Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 17.99
Nov 24 2014 07:14am
Quote (SheriffCool @ Nov 24 2014 08:59am)
We dropped 4 td passes from stafford imo. He had his normal overthrows and the int he got hit. I thought he actually stepped up his game and this was mostly on the receivers and the good defense by the pats secondary. Our defense got pwned in the first half, but did much better for most of the second half. I'm not too worried, this is the time of year we need to get rolling, whats behind us doesn't matter now, we still have a good shot at winning the division, especially with the bears twice and the vikings in the next 4 weeks. Once again we control our own destiny.

4 dropped TDs? I know it was more than 4 dropped passes.

Corey Fuller wasn't technically a drop if you counted that as a drop. He looked lost on the route/throw and even said he lost sight of the ball. He should of made a play though...the ball fell next to his arms rofl.
Jeremy Ross drop.
Fauria, I think that's the spelling, good defensive play by Chung. Smacked the ball out of his hands.
Cannot recall a fourth, but that Ebron drop was bad.

This post was edited by ZxFamily-GuyxZ on Nov 24 2014 07:14am
Gold: 1,250.00
Nov 24 2014 07:17am
Quote (ZxFamily-GuyxZ @ Nov 24 2014 09:14am)
4 dropped TDs? I know it was more than 4 dropped passes.

Corey Fuller wasn't technically a drop if you counted that as a drop. He looked lost on the route/throw and even said he lost sight of the ball. He should of made a play though...the ball fell next to his arms rofl.
Jeremy Ross drop.
Fauria, I think that's the spelling, good defensive play by Chung. Smacked the ball out of his hands.
Cannot recall a fourth, but that Ebron drop was bad.

well its jsp and I didn't want to exaggerate and have 20 pages of debate, but the receiving corps definitely played like shit and are the reason we lost in my opinion.
Nov 24 2014 07:20am
Quote (SheriffCool @ Nov 24 2014 09:17am)
well its jsp and I didn't want to exaggerate and have 20 pages of debate, but the receiving corps definitely played like shit and are the reason we lost in my opinion.

Haha couldn't agree with you more :thumbsup:
It was indeed the reason you lost. Calvin dropped it..Tate dropped it..
Just a bad game man

One more thing
What did you think of the player going at Moore when they were kneeling the ball? He said he went for the knees after the game, lol.
The local sports stations are trying to make a big deal out of it.

This post was edited by ZxFamily-GuyxZ on Nov 24 2014 07:22am
Nov 24 2014 07:23am
Quote (ZxFamily-GuyxZ @ Nov 24 2014 09:20am)
Haha couldn't agree with you more  :thumbsup:
It was indeed the reason you lost. Calvin dropped it..Tate dropped it..
Just a bad game man

I'm just glad Stafford is starting to put the ball on the money again. He had his shitty passes, but so does every qb really. He looked way better than he has even though he was getting pressured and sacked a lot. Even most of the sidearm passes were pretty accurate.
Nov 24 2014 07:27am
Quote (SheriffCool @ Nov 24 2014 09:23am)
I'm just glad Stafford is starting to put the ball on the money again. He had his shitty passes, but so does every qb really. He looked way better than he has even though he was getting pressured and sacked a lot. Even most of the sidearm passes were pretty accurate.

Your line has been bad all year.
We had like 4 sacks in the 1st half? He took some nasty hits, but he hung in there.
His best pass was the on 3rd down at their own 15 or so, and he sidearmed while under pressure to Calvin who ran a drag route..sick play.

This post was edited by ZxFamily-GuyxZ on Nov 24 2014 07:27am
Nov 24 2014 07:29am
Quote (ZxFamily-GuyxZ @ Nov 24 2014 09:27am)
We had like 4 sacks in the 1st half? He took so nasty hits, but he hung in there.
His best pass was the on 3rd down at their own 15 or so, and he sidearmed while under pressure to Calvin who ran a drag route..sick play.

ya I wish it hadn't been so lopsided but was a good game and we need to see like we have the last 2 weeks how we are going to fare against playoff teams and the answer right now is not very good...lol
Gold: 315.00
Nov 24 2014 08:04am
Quote (ZxFamily-GuyxZ @ Nov 24 2014 08:27am)
We had like 4 sacks in the 1st half? He took some nasty hits, but he hung in there.

A lot of that came from Reiff leaving in the first series.
Gold: 0.00
Nov 24 2014 08:31pm
Quote (Rust_Ninja @ Nov 23 2014 08:21pm)
they get to play the bears this week, cures everything

I'll believe it when I see it..
Gold: 0.01
Nov 24 2014 10:01pm
No knock on Golden Tate, but he did ruin four well-timed/well-thrown balls but instead being there to catch the ball (which two of them could've gone for really long gains) Golden Tate broke his route way too soon.

Ebron is seriously a comedian, first thing he did before practicing with the team (at all), he changed his occupation from Tightend to Pass Catcher for the Detroit Lions because of Jimmy Graham's contract. Listen Ebron; you can't even catch, you have absolutely no clue what play is being called, and when you do, you actually look absolutely lost. I wasn't worried about his drops coming out of North Carolina for Ebron (even though now it's concerning), I mostly cared that he displayed no sense of football IQ. If the recruiters thought they had the next Jimmy Graham, and/or Antonio Gates they seriously missed the ball.

This offensive line is seriously pissing me off. How do you go from being a solid top-10 line to being absolutely dreadful? We can't even get a solid running game going. Bell is running hard through the mouse holes the line is currently opening up. Matthew Stafford is never going to be good if he can't step into his throws... His accuracy isn't the best but about 50% of his balls that are off target is because he can't properly go through his progressions.

Reggie Bush is a bust, absolutely no doubt. You're a professional running back in the National Football League, take off the flag football belt and get out there, and play for more than 2 offensive series.

Calvin Johnson has lost a step, he couldn't even break away from Browner... Browner is strong and tall, but he isn't as fast or shouldn't be as fast as Johnson. Even with safety help, Johnson should average 5-7 catches a game on the low side.

You know what? I'm not even going to knock Stafford, I believe if Stafford had a healthy offense his numbers and chemistry wouldn't be so awful. He isn't a great quarterback, but he's absolutely above average when given time. I actually felt bad for Stafford during the Patriots game, he couldn't even get his head straight because he was getting killed.

And Suh, shut your mouth. You yelled "Nobody is going to run on me", except Blount ran straight up the middle for touchdowns and 72 yards in 5-6 carries. I hope you get your money elsewhere because I rather have a declining overpaid Megatron on my team than a foul-mouth defensive tackle who couldn't even get a sack the last two Sundays against shotty interior linemen. Oh yeah, your #1 defense just gave up 30+ points.

Jim Cadwell it's time to start calling the plays because we have to win now because Teryl Austin is on his way out next year and Lombardi just isn't getting it done.

We're lucky to be 7-4.

end of rant.

This post was edited by LetsG0Blue on Nov 24 2014 10:03pm
Gold: 3,570.21
Nov 24 2014 10:03pm
holy shit... LGB actually being real?

i am speechless
Go Back To Football & Rugby Topic List
Prev1412413414415416794Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll