d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Football & Rugby > Tlaw Or Purdy
Prev1345678Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3.00
Jul 7 2024 10:46pm
Quote (Hako @ Jul 7 2024 03:55pm)
His only issue is the fumbles, he has got to clean that shit up.

His receivers had the highest drop rate of any team in the NFL. Ridley dropped a shit ton of passes last year and a lot of them would of been for TDs.

His OL was rotating guys every week because of injury and they were ranked at the bottom of the NFL. Hell we had 6 different players start at least 1 game at LG alone. They were the worst run blocking OL in the NFL. I can't remember the exact % off the top of my head, but a good % (I want to say 33%, that's the number that first pops into my head) of our rushing attempts went for zero or negative yards. As we all know, if you can't run the ball, it's only going to make it harder for the QB and Offense.

The Defense was hit or miss and collapsed way too many times. They let Jake fucking Browning slice them up in his 2nd ever NFL start. Dude had an 87% completion, 350+ yards and 2 TD. The Defense then let Joe fucking Flacco slice them up for 310+ and 3 TD the very next week.

He wasn't the same after the ankle injury against the Bengals (same game Browning sliced up the Defense). He was playing lights out in that game also (and the weeks prior to that game), then the injury happened. We also lost Christian Kirk in that game and that hurt the Offense a lot. It was all down hill after that. He was playing like one of the best QBs in the league up until that injury.

Despite all this, he still had this team at 8-3, but then the ankle injury happened and the wheels fell off due to it (and losing Kirk).

I'm not worried though, but the Lawrence discourse is wild right now. Going to be a lot of haters eating crow after this season.

Yeah the Jags have absolutely failed him, ESPECIALLY with the fucking cancer that was Urban Meyer in his extremely important rookie year. And for the record T Law is absolutely a franchise QB. Paying him that contract was the correct move.

I was just specifically advocating for Purdy vs T Law as it pertains to this thread. And also making myself laugh remembering the times Trevor Lawrence just decided he would rather not be holding on to the football. It just wasn't for him.

Quote (Hako @ Jul 7 2024 03:55pm)
The Defense then let Joe fucking Flacco slice them up for 310+ and 3 TD the very next week.

Penis envy.

This post was edited by GinJuxtaposition on Jul 7 2024 10:51pm
Gold: 12,300.00
Jul 9 2024 03:43am
Quote (GinJuxtaposition @ Jul 7 2024 09:46pm)
Yeah the Jags have absolutely failed him, ESPECIALLY with the fucking cancer that was Urban Meyer in his extremely important rookie year. And for the record T Law is absolutely a franchise QB. Paying him that contract was the correct move.

I was just specifically advocating for Purdy vs T Law as it pertains to this thread. And also making myself laugh remembering the times Trevor Lawrence just decided he would rather not be holding on to the football. It just wasn't for him.

Penis envy.

Lawrence is the correct move every time, especially in a dynasty league. Dude is him. He has been through so much already and is still only 24 years old.

He is Elite and the only other QB I'd take over him is Patty Mahomes.
Gold: 0.00
Jul 9 2024 02:38pm
Quote (Hako @ Jul 9 2024 02:43am)
Lawrence is the correct move every time, especially in a dynasty league. Dude is him. He has been through so much already and is still only 24 years old.

Dumb.
Gold: 21,027.33
Jul 9 2024 05:57pm
Quote (Hako @ Jul 9 2024 04:43am)

Big reason I picked him is cause of his age and the exp he has already. He has a good 6-8 years in his prime yet. Just has to stay healthy.

Jul 10 2024 01:54am
Quote (LongClip @ Jul 9 2024 04:57pm)
Big reason I picked him is cause of his age and the exp he has already. He has a good 6-8 years in his prime yet. Just has to stay healthy.

Yup, dude is younger than some of the QBs that just got drafted in this past NFL draft.

Lawrence is just barely scratching the surface of his career and he's already so fucking good.

It's not a coincidence that he's already gave multiple receivers career years.

Christian Kirk, career year with Lawrence.

Zay Jones, career year with Lawrence.

Evan Engram, career year with Lawrence.
Jul 10 2024 05:26am
Quote (LongClip @ Jul 9 2024 04:57pm)

Quote (Hako @ Jul 10 2024 12:54am)
Yup, dude is younger than some of the QBs that just got drafted in this past NFL draft.

Lawrence is just barely scratching the surface of his career and he's already so fucking good.

It's not a coincidence that he's already gave multiple receivers career years.

Christian Kirk, career year with Lawrence.

Zay Jones, career year with Lawrence.

Evan Engram, career year with Lawrence.

SF and Purdy >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jags T.law
Gold: 21,027.33
Jul 10 2024 04:40pm
Quote (Cbramgar @ Jul 10 2024 06:26am)
SF and Purdy >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jags T.law

ESQPS
Gold: 3.00
Jul 10 2024 11:58pm
Quote (Hako @ Jul 9 2024 04:43am)

Love ya' buddy but you are. Smoking. CRACK.

I'm fine with taking Lawrence over Purdy, but taking Lawrence second after Mahomes...?
Jul 11 2024 02:17am
Quote (GinJuxtaposition @ Jul 10 2024 10:58pm)
Love ya' buddy but you are. Smoking. CRACK.

I'm fine with taking Lawrence over Purdy, but taking Lawrence second after Mahomes...?

I'm really not talking just about Fantasy. I mostly stopped playing Fantasy football years ago, it warps people's minds of the actual reality of the game. If said player doesn't score me 20+ points a week he sucks etc etc etc.

Can call me a homer all you want, but I've seen and lived a shit ton of football in my life. Mahomes is the only QB I'd trade Lawrence for right now and I'm not talking Fantasy football. Mainly because Mahomes is an alien and is already probably the best QB the NFL has ever had.

Lawrence is the real deal. People can say otherwise and that's fine, but they don't know this team, they don't watch the games and they don't know the situations. They can say they are watching, but the reality is they're not. A few clips and the red zone channel isn't actually watching.

You basically said it yourself in a previous post, "The Jags are the fucking Jags" or something along those lines. Assumptions based on the past, that you just assume is the reality of today... Because Jags...
Jul 11 2024 02:48am
Quote (Hako @ Jul 11 2024 01:17am)
I'm really not talking just about Fantasy. I mostly stopped playing Fantasy football years ago, it warps people's minds of the actual reality of the game. If said player doesn't score me 20+ points a week he sucks etc etc etc.

Can call me a homer all you want, but I've seen and lived a shit ton of football in my life. Mahomes is the only QB I'd trade Lawrence for right now and I'm not talking Fantasy football. Mainly because Mahomes is an alien and is already probably the best QB the NFL has ever had.

Lawrence is the real deal. People can say otherwise and that's fine, but they don't know this team, they don't watch the games and they don't know the situations. They can say they are watching, but the reality is they're not. A few clips and the red zone channel isn't actually watching.

You basically said it yourself in a previous post, "The Jags are the fucking Jags" or something along those lines. Assumptions based on the past, that you just assume is the reality of today... Because Jags...

:baby:
Go Back To Football & Rugby Topic List
Prev1345678Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll