d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Football & Rugby > Official Football & Rugby General Chat 2.0 > Music, Food, Chitty Chat
Prev1362636273628362936305001Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 264.04
Jan 18 2018 10:45pm
Came here to post that I found a badass flag football league about 45 mins away that is $10 per game, no commitment, and you can register and pay upon arrival whenever you want! I played in some other leagues in the past, but this is more my style. I be busy and shit. Can't wait, first game is Sunday and will end right before the Pats game starts!

22, currently the "Operations Manager" @ a General Contracting LLC startup with my buddy. Basically a freelance entrepreneur. We've expanded a lot over the past 12 months. Quit my GM position at a Ben & Jerrys last year, drove to Colorado, lasted a month out there, and returned home. Realized I needed to make some moves, moved out of my apartment and went back to school. I have an associates degree in liberal arts and sciences (fucking useless) so now I'm halfway done with the second half of my bachelors program for Business Management (entrepreneurship concentration). Also have some side gigs mostly ecommerce for passive income (dropshipping). starting to dabble in the stock market because fuck savings account interest. No crypto though.
Gold: 16.80
Jan 18 2018 11:17pm
Damn all you young cats already set in life and I'm sitting here debating what I wanna do when I grow up
Gold: 4,098.50
Jan 18 2018 11:20pm
Quote (Fezbang @ Jan 18 2018 11:17pm)
Damn all you young cats already set in life and I'm sitting here debating what I wanna do when I grow up

Same.
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 80%
Jan 18 2018 11:27pm
Quote (Zigity @ Jan 19 2018 12:45am)
Came here to post that I found a badass flag football league about 45 mins away that is $10 per game, no commitment, and you can register and pay upon arrival whenever you want! I played in some other leagues in the past, but this is more my style. I be busy and shit. Can't wait, first game is Sunday and will end right before the Pats game starts!

22, currently the "Operations Manager" @ a General Contracting LLC startup with my buddy. Basically a freelance entrepreneur. We've expanded a lot over the past 12 months. Quit my GM position at a Ben & Jerrys last year, drove to Colorado, lasted a month out there, and returned home. Realized I needed to make some moves, moved out of my apartment and went back to school. I have an associates degree in liberal arts and sciences (fucking useless) so now I'm halfway done with the second half of my bachelors program for Business Management (entrepreneurship concentration). Also have some side gigs mostly ecommerce for passive income (dropshipping). starting to dabble in the stock market because fuck savings account interest. No crypto though.

Yeah those are pretty much useless, i found that out the hard way lol. That's sick though about the flag football.
Gold: 34,319.30
Jan 18 2018 11:30pm
not that an arts degree isn't useless, but isn't the bad word in there "associates"

Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 80%
Jan 18 2018 11:38pm
Quote (TheHeistman @ Jan 19 2018 01:30am)
not that an arts degree isn't useless, but isn't the bad word in there "associates"

Yes. 2 year min.
Gold: 264.04
Jan 19 2018 12:47am
Quote (Fezbang @ Jan 19 2018 12:17am)

i just want to learn how to make my own money and be my own boss. that’s why i’m taking the business management/ entrepreneurship route. i want to be a teacher when i grow up

Quote (WatcherOfTheSkies @ Jan 19 2018 12:27am)
Yeah those are pretty much useless, i found that out the hard way lol. That's sick though about the flag football.

it hasn’t helped me on any application i’ve ever filled out. but yea flag football is dope!

Quote (TheHeistman @ Jan 19 2018 12:30am)

i’d argue that the liberal arts and sciences is worse than the associates. if you have an associates (2 yr degree) in a specialized area like engineering or accounting , you can easily land an entry level position. my buddy’s first engineering gig was $21/hr with benefits. i didn’t know what i wanted to do, and i have been working since i could get a job, so i chose a sweetened general studies degree that took me 3 years and barely covered the pre-reqs for business management. but yea, associates help in some ways, but nothing too crazy. learn a trade or be an entrepreneur imo

Gold: 65,751.00
Jan 19 2018 01:38am
You can definitely get some good jobs with a 2-year degree. The health field offers a few options, as well as various other specialized professions.
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Jan 19 2018 01:52am
Quote (Terps @ Jan 18 2018 11:38pm)
You can definitely get some good jobs with a 2-year degree. The health field offers a few options, as well as various other specialized professions.

IT is one of them. As long as you find a good enough program and you're able to pass your certs, a 2 year is all you need to get in the 6 figure range. Already know a few guys there, and I'm just hoping I can get there before 40. I'd honestly be happy with anything over 70 with full benefits, I think that's plenty to support my family on and it should be a reasonably set 5-10 year goal for myself.

Edit | Big tests tomorrow in Linux and PC workstation though, going to hit it and try to wake up early and get a few more prep hours in before class. All the memorization shit for Linux is starting to seep out of my fucking brain. Thankfully the Workstation test is open VM, which should at least make the amount of study time I've put in, more than enough, letting me focus all my attention on the Linux one tonight. It's not overly complicated or anything, just a lot of random shit to remember. I'll be glad when I'm done with Linux and Command Line, shit is pretty boring.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Jan 19 2018 01:56am
Gold: 20,023.46
Jan 19 2018 05:37am
Quote (Zigity @ Jan 18 2018 11:45pm)

Hopefully by dabble in the stock market you mean you're funding a Roth ira with a nice target or three fund portfolio and not individual stocks.
Go Back To Football & Rugby Topic List
Prev1362636273628362936305001Next
Closed New Topic New Poll