d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Football & Rugby > Official Football & Rugby General Chat 2.0 > Music, Food, Chitty Chat
Prev1354135423543354435455001Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3,570.21
Jan 2 2018 02:05pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Jan 2 2018 01:59pm)
I didn't even think about switching what I drink, maybe that's part of the reason why it's such a pain in the ass for me to get drunk. G&T, Moscow Mules, Heineken/Becks have been what I've been drinking for the past few months. I get on kicks, and only drink x for anywhere from 3-6 months. My dad has been on a crazy fucking Guinness fix since he got back from Ireland, since it was all he drank there. Totally forgot about you getting married lol. That's so awesome dude, it seems like you found a great one, and I'm legitimately happy for you man.

My only thing that tells me I'm getting old, is how fucking tired I get when I get home. I can be out drinking until close no problem, but whether or not I have 3 drinks, or 30 drinks, when I come home and hit the bed, I'm out fucking IMMEDIATELY. There's just nothing I can do about it, and it's the opposite of how I was when I was younger. I loved coming home drunk and eating some stupid food, laughing at some terrible show/movie or w/e, but I'm old and worthless now. At least I can hang while I'm at the bar, I guess that's something.

Vouch.

It might be an old wives tale, but in my experience, it actually works. I'm so fucking picky with alcohol and now that I make a decent salary, I don't mind paying more for better quality. But then again, I have no issue drinking Miller Lite or Curs at a stadium/ballpark either. Idk. Now that the holidays are over and I'm back into my old routine, perhaps I can get mah drink on once again. Never really experienced being able to turn out the lights as soon as I hit the bed. My brain just keeps telling me to keep drinking until I fall asleep most of the time.

Note: The wedding in June is for my best friend and it's in Florida. I'm not proposing to my gf until after, most likely.
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Jan 2 2018 02:08pm
Quote (Cheesehead @ Jan 2 2018 12:05pm)
It might be an old wives tale, but in my experience, it actually works. I'm so fucking picky with alcohol and now that I make a decent salary, I don't mind paying more for better quality. But then again, I have no issue drinking Miller Lite or Curs at a stadium/ballpark either. Idk. Now that the holidays are over and I'm back into my old routine, perhaps I can get mah drink on once again. Never really experienced being able to turn out the lights as soon as I hit the bed. My brain just keeps telling me to keep drinking until I fall asleep most of the time.

Note: The wedding in June is for my best friend and it's in Florida. I'm not proposing to my gf until after, most likely.

Aw, alright. Damn man... you're going to try and get super fit for someone else's wedding, and you're already in a committed relationship? You in the wedding party, or what? It's cool and all, but unless it was my own wedding, I wouldn't do a damn thing but show up lol. Let me know when you pop the question.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Jan 2 2018 02:09pm
Jan 2 2018 02:15pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Jan 2 2018 02:08pm)
Aw, alright. Damn man... you're going to try and get super fit for someone else's wedding, and you're already in a committed relationship? You in the wedding party, or what? It's cool and all, but unless it was my own wedding, I wouldn't do a damn thing but show up lol. Let me know when you pop the question.

Not "super fit", just need to drop the relationship/winter pounds and take better care of myself a bit more. I'm the best man in their wedding so I'd like to look nice for photos since the bridezilla is a camera whore who littered their apartment with a photo of every single thing they've ever done together.

/e if I get my contract and salary bump I'll get the ring sooner

This post was edited by Cheesehead on Jan 2 2018 02:16pm
Gold: 250.00
Jan 2 2018 02:19pm
Quote (Cheesehead @ Jan 2 2018 12:15pm)
Not "super fit", just need to drop the relationship/winter pounds and take better care of myself a bit more. I'm the best man in their wedding so I'd like to look nice for photos since the bridezilla is a camera whore who littered their apartment with a photo of every single thing they've ever done together.

/e if I get my contract and salary bump I'll get the ring sooner

Buddy of mine just dropped fucking 10k on one for his fiance (6k ring/4k band), and I think that's fucking insane. Jade isn't into super flashy shit though, and that helps of course, but I just can't imagine spending that damn much on a fucking rock (It's A MINERAL MARIE!). I spent less than 1 on Jade's, and I would have liked to spend more, but I was flat broke at the time.
Gold: 16.80
Jan 2 2018 02:23pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Jan 2 2018 02:19pm)
Buddy of mine just dropped fucking 10k on one for his fiance (6k ring/4k band), and I think that's fucking insane. Jade isn't into super flashy shit though, and that helps of course, but I just can't imagine spending that damn much on a fucking rock (It's A MINERAL MARIE!). I spent less than 1 on Jade's, and I would have liked to spend more, but I was flat broke at the time.

Fuckin right?! I would never spend that in a ring. I spent less than 1k on the one I got too. Of I hit the lottery or something I'll buy her a million dollar rock but until then who gives a shit about a ring?
Jan 2 2018 02:25pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Jan 2 2018 02:19pm)

Dear lord... I have resources I can consult and also a couple people in the business that could help a bit. A couple of the doctors I work with have recommended just buying a fancy box from a top ring store and using a ring from Costco. Female doctors, mind you. I had no idea they even sold real jewelry but apparently the price/quality is very, very good. I'd be alright with spending 5k ish or less. My gf isn't into flashy shit, but a great ring will still go a long way. 3 months salary is too much because I know she'd rather I use 2k of that on a badass international trip for us instead.

This post was edited by Cheesehead on Jan 2 2018 02:26pm
Gold: 1,500.01
Jan 2 2018 02:27pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Jan 2 2018 04:19pm)

I dropped 35k on a ring
Jan 2 2018 02:33pm
Quote (DeShoneKizer69 @ Jan 2 2018 02:27pm)
I dropped 35k on a ring

How much FCR did it have?
Gold: 1,500.01
Jan 2 2018 02:34pm
Quote (Cheesehead @ Jan 2 2018 04:33pm)
How much FCR did it have?

The stats were godly
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 80%
Jan 2 2018 02:39pm